A Day at the Races

Toorak

2 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

Be good toya mother salutes. Age of Chivalry runs well.

Thansk for the tip on BGTM ?

Got the approval of BM,  JV7 as well so it looks like we were all on it Gorg!

Looked the winner a long way from home carrying that light weight and with a big advantage at the weights as well.

In true Aussie tradition the handicapper was beaten as well.  It is too good a horse to be only carrying 52kgs.  But that is how it works and the smart punters were all over the horse.

• Like 4

Yes indeed well done Fellas on some top picks. That race had about 7 former ADATR selections running in it including Widgee Turf which i was going to make my best for a place, but i think its probably best not to have 2 picks in the same race. i can always back it myself anyway, which i did. Nice work Binman at the Randwick mud throwing contest.

I notice the jockey on Black Heart Bart said, " the horse felt better than its felt for a long time. The 1400m was too sharp for him and needs to step up. Hes ready to show something". Might be worth following, since his race odds have been around the 60/1 mark of late.

• Like 3

On 9/22/2019 at 11:50 AM, Wadda We Sing said:

Yes indeed well done Fellas on some top picks. That race had about 7 former ADATR selections running in it including Widgee Turf which i was going to make my best for a place, but i think its probably best not to have 2 picks in the same race. i can always back it myself anyway, which i did. Nice work Binman at the Randwick mud throwing contest.

I notice the jockey on Black Heart Bart said, " the horse felt better than its felt for a long time. The 1400m was too sharp for him and needs to step up. Hes ready to show something". Might be worth following, since his race odds have been around the 60/1 mark of late.

Randwick wasn't too bad in the end WWS. Brilliant win by Avillius. Needs it at least soft i reckon.The best horse in the county in my opinion, but clearly does not like firm ground,

If the cox plate is soft i reckon he's close to a good thing. I can see him sitting wide and sweeping over the top with the camber to win going away.

had a funny day. Ended up not backing be good to ya mum. Just felt it was a bit short. Kicking myself given my comments about its weight advantage and historical edge. Actually backed three long shorts, including Widgee turf (win only). All three ran well but no cigar

Edited by binman
  • Like 3

Racing at Flemington tomorrow ... the Oaks Trial & Derby Trial being the feature events (races 6 & 7)

Celestial Falls has strong support in the Oaks Trial whilst Serious Liaison is favoured in the Derby Trial ahead of Adelaide Ace. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Macca said:

Racing at Flemington tomorrow ... the Oaks Trial & Derby Trial being the feature events (races 6 & 7)

Celestial Falls has strong support in the Oaks Trial whilst Serious Liaison is favoured in the Derby Trial ahead of Adelaide Ace. 

A friend’s horse is racing at Flemington tomorrow in the 1st ‘Zesty Belle’ Macca. He’s pretty excited about its chances, not a tip by any means, it is a race full of first starters after all where the steward’s horse might even beat them home.

We’ll see if it’s worth following in the spring.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dee Zephyr said:

A friend’s horse is racing at Flemington tomorrow in the 1st ‘Zesty Belle’ Macca. He’s pretty excited about its chances, not a tip by any means, it is a race full of first starters after all where the steward’s horse might even beat them home.

We’ll see if it’s worth following in the spring.

Thanks for that DZ

I follow a couple of tipsters as you know but Paul Joice isn't too bad getting the odd roughie up

His special today as well as his value tip at Canterbury is very good odds. 

Race 3 No. 12  Weston $18 (Win)  $4 (Place)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Macca said:

I follow a couple of tipsters as you know but Paul Joice isn't too bad getting the odd roughie up

His special today as well as his value tip at Canterbury is very good odds. 

Race 3 No. 12  Weston $18 (Win)  $4 (Place)

No good!

On 9/24/2019 at 7:58 PM, Macca said:

Pay dirt!

Nice 3 figure collect with the Celestial Falls & Adelaide Ace double.  Having 2 horses running for you in a double is handy though

Looks a likely type does Adelaide Ace. 

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Macca said:

Best Bet

Saturday Rosehill

Race 7 No.2  Bivouac (Win) $3.00

Are we doing Saturday or Sunday? I thought Sunday cause Underwood Stakes day.......some other good races......Saturday GF day is usually pretty crap.

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Are we doing Saturday or Sunday? I thought Sunday cause Underwood Stakes day.......some other good races......Saturday GF day is usually pretty crap.

I don't reckon it matters Wadda ... the racing at Rosehill on Saturday is fabulous.  Always has been

We can jusr roll it over a couple of days.  Even the Valley on Friday evening if you like.

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

Best Bets:

Rosehill Race 4 No.3. Gem Song (Win) $2.50

Saturday Rosehill Race 7 No.2  Bivouac (Win) $3.00

Sunday Caulfield Race 8 No.13 Brave Song (Plc) $2.90

Best so far.........   @binman.........please enter selection when ready.... :)    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excellent night of racing ahead of us at the Valley.  Of most interest will be the Moir Stakes (Race 7) which will be a mad scramble over the 1000m.  Nature Strip is favourite but there are any number of speedsters that have drawn well

The other races of note are the Scarborough Stakes (Race 5) & the JRA Stakes (Race 6)  Both are good betting races.

Go to Racenet.com for more details.

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

'Nature Strip' hangs on to win the Moir Stakes

Miss Leonidas was mentioned strongly by one of pundits and very nearly pinched the race at 50-1.  All the exotics thus paid well even though Sunlight got up for 3rd.  F4 with Faatinah running 4th paid 12k. 

Chris Waller has set Nature Strip for the  Everest but might have to gain entry via the Schillaci Stakes (unless one of the remaining slot holders nominates the horse)  Not sure about the 1200m though,  all the same. 

Still,  the horse beat a crack field and now has 2 x Group 1's on the board. 

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

Sorry for not getting this posted yet.

My best is Morphetville Race 4 no 6 nistaan.  Is very short (1,75 atm) but in a small field should win.

Such a frustrating night last night. Had the winner marked in all but one race but pulled the wrong rein

• Like 3

And some excellent racing at Rosehill today with any number of the favoured horses heavily supported.

The Golden Pendant (Race 5) sees the WA star sprinter in 'Enticing Star' having her first run in the Eastern States.  Chris Waller has the horse as his best for the day.

And the Golden Rose (Race 7) has only 8 runners but it's a very good field.  My best bet happens to be in the same race ... 'Bivouac' carrying the Godolphin colours trained by James Cummings. 

www.racenet.com

Oh,  and there's a Grand Final going on as well! Tigers to win but it could be a thriller.  GWS are new to this sort of thing but they are an ultra-talented outfit.  I reckon Tigers 1-39 is the safer option ($2.00)

• Like 2

On 9/28/2019 at 1:07 PM, Macca said:

And some excellent racing at Rosehill today with any number of the favoured horses heavily supported.

The Golden Pendant (Race 5) sees the WA star sprinter in 'Enticing Star' having her first run in the Eastern States.  Chris Waller has the horse as his best for the day.

And the Golden Rose (Race 7) has only 8 runners but it's a very good field.  My best bet happens to be in the same race ... 'Bivouac' carrying the Godolphin colours trained by James Cummings. 

www.racenet.com

Oh,  and there's a Grand Final going on as well! Tigers to win but it could be a thriller.  GWS are new to this sort of thing but they are an ultra-talented outfit.  I reckon Tigers 1-39 is the safer option ($2.00)

Yep top pick Macca. James Cummings is the next big trainer (no surprises there) but i have been following him for a while and always take note of his horses in each race they are in. Will feature heavily in the Spring.

Also noting Jamie Kahs mounts. She does get a lot of fairly nothing rides, but as soon as shes on something half decent watch out.

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Yep top pick Macca. James Cummings is the next big trainer (no surprises there) but i have been following him for a while and always take note of his horses in each race they are in. Will feature heavily in the Spring.

Also noting Jamie Kahs mounts. She does get a lot of fairly nothing rides, but as soon as shes on something half decent watch out.

Jamie is very good especially with the middle distance races or further.  She's a real horsewoman as opposed to just being a jockey. Like Bowman,  Oliver,  Walker et al. 

Jamie is riding Gatting in the Underwood and if the race is a truly run affair Gatting can win again.  Trap for Fools,  Gailo Chop & Homesman will probably ensure that the speed will be on so Jamie may well get another Group 1.

And I'm on your choice of 'Brave Song' in the Testa Rossa Stakes (R8)  It's first up form is excellent and it should be flying home. 

• Like 1

And just like that Jamie Kah has a fall in the next race.  The Medusa Touch.

Sitting up and apparently ok but not sure if she'll be alright for her remaining mounts.  Could be some concussion issues.  Important thing is Jamie is ok

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

Another 100-1 shot wins a Group 1.   A 9 year old to boot.

Black Heart Bart salutes in the Underwood Stakes.  Who would have picked that? 

The horse was retired a year ago,  they bring it back and then this.  Amazing. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Macca said:

Another 100-1 shot wins a Group 1.   A 9 year old to boot.

Black Heart Bart salutes in the Underwood Stakes.  Who would have picked that? 

The horse was retired a year ago,  they bring it back and then this.  Amazing. 

.....well i did say....

• Haha 2

On 9/22/2019 at 11:50 AM, Wadda We Sing said:

......was i on him........nope.

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

.....well i did say....

Just noticed your post above

I do remember you mentioning the horse come to think of it.

It wasn't a strong field but it was unwanted in the betting,  all the same.

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2