Mitch Clark's 6 goals - how ... 'depressing'.

bush demon

Am I the only one who didn't feel a thing with this? I did all my fuming months ago. Can't be bothered beating myself up over it again.

and you call yourself a Melbourne supporter...for shame...

In a nutshell, forgetting whether he has an illness or not, it would be fair to say that most that are angry with MC on Demonland, are angry because he cost us pick 12, gave us 15 games for $2m and now looks likely to dominate with the Cats, when as a result of the limited output of 15 games for $2m, he should be dominating for us.

• Like 10

I don't need to be at any meetings mate. None of us do. The facts speak for themselves.

I can't believe you are arguing 'we are carp anyway, whats the point of having an elite KPF' is that seriously what you are saying? He is deadset worth 6 wins at least on his own, anyone who says otherwise has no idea about football.

I can't believe you are discussing some Hogan hypothetical, it is not relevant mate, we are talking about CLARK and WHAT HE DID

What facts, would you like to state them, here they are...........he has/had depression, he retired, he came out of retirement, he joined Geelong, we were compensated

Not willing to debate my hypothetical re Hogan?

In a nutshell, forgetting whether he has an illness or not, it would be fair to say that most that are angry with MC on Demonland, are angry because he cost us pick 12, gave us 15 games for $2m and now looks likely to dominate with the Cats, when as a result of the limited output of 15 games for $2m, he should be dominating for us.

What facts, would you like to state them, here they are...........he has/had depression, he retired, he came out of retirement, he joined Geelong, we were compensated

When presented with these two sets of facts I will take Redleg's thanks!

• Like 1

Not willing to debate my hypothetical re Hogan?

This is it mate, the bolded bit. Everyone in Australia knows that was the wrong thing to do. If you want to go into it to further read the 6 pages of this thread, and the thousands of other posts across various threads that have developed since he took a big steamy one all over us - a number of us have already discussed the how/why of what he has done

Hogan or any other player getting injured and/or going to another club is extraneous to this discussion. This is a special case.

When presented with these two sets of facts I will take Redleg's thanks!

The only 'fact' that Redleg put was the purported amount of money he was paid by MFC, again nobody knows the true figure, the other was that he will dominate with the Cats, that is not a fact, it may be a fact in six months time, but then again a week is a long time in footy

what am I going to do with my life now

you're going to put your face in your hands as you watch us continue to lose games of football, with the lack of a genuine KPF being a key reason for our failure. Then you are going to watch Clark kick goals for Geelong and say 'good onya mate'

This is it mate, the bolded bit. Everyone in Australia knows that was the wrong thing to do. If you want to go into it to further read the 6 pages of this thread, and the thousands of other posts across various threads that have developed since he took a big steamy one all over us - a number of us have already discussed the how/why of what he has done

Hogan or any other player getting injured and/or going to another club is extraneous to this discussion. This is a special case.

I will go and find the same small group of posters who have been spouting the same opinion since it actually happened, I don't agree, simple

I will go and find the same small group of posters who have been spouting the same opinion since it actually happened, I don't agree, simple

FMD That's crazy talk. Run a poll. "Do you think MC should have returned to the MFC instead of going to Geelong?" There will be one vote against it which is yours

you're going to put your face in your hands as you watch us continue to lose games of football, with the lack of a genuine KPF being a key reason for our failure. Then you are going to watch Clark kick goals for Geelong and say 'good onya mate'

No I tend to punch the seat in front of me if I get frustrated with an error or such, but I don't know, it's a new season, perhaps we will find forwards who can kick goals, as long as we have learnt to get it to them quickly, I know I won't be watching Geelong games unless it involves MFC as well, not really interested

FMD That's crazy talk. Run a poll. "Do you think MC should have returned to the MFC instead of going to Geelong?" There will be one vote against it which is yours

Of you go then, you have made enough noise and with his six goals, it should result in the poll result you are looking for, but please phrase the question, "if returning to MFC was in the best interests of both the player and the Club should Mitch Clark have returned to MFC instead of going to Geelong"

deespicable me

Dear chops 38 I just hope the big bugger is alright again, after having to deal with the trauma of playing for such a lowly club like us.

Personally when we play the Cats I'll be out there cheering him on and hoping like hell he's comfortable out there and Tommy Mac isn't pushing him around or sledging him etc.

God forbid it comes to the point where he hasn't kicked a goal by the fourth quarter and he starts to all of a sudden feel like the stadium is closing in on him...................Oh please not that!

• Like 1

The facts speak for themselves.

Actually that is incorrect - if the facts spoke for themselves everyone would be on the same page. I think everyone has right to be upset/annoyed/disappointed that we have lost a potential Coleman medalist.

By there is diverse opinion on the "facts" surrounding him leaving starting with him having depression, on the road to recovery and the doctor advising to him change environments - all the way through to his illness being bogus and its all a great rouse to get him out of our club ( and all manner of opinion in between).

I actually believe Clarks story from beginning to end - with the big proviso that I don't agree with the professionals opinion that he needed to change clubs. He is either mentally fit enough to play footy or he isn't and if he is then examine our club environment which is better than it has looked in a decade. No reason to move clubs - then he needed to ask himself whether he owes us anything. He said on his retirement that he felt guilty about taking our money and not playing - there is an easy way to overcome that guilt I would have thought.

Saty - on it being a professional sport - I don't have problem with that. I don't dislike Scully because he accepted a gazillion dollars to go to the GWS - I dislike like him because I have never heard a footballer stare down a camera and tell the lies he did. I don't dislike Rivers or Frawley - I don't begrudge Moloney going ( i do dislike his classless shot at Neeld being fired). But with Clark I believe the club went above and beyond the call to ensure we did the right thing by him and I was proud of the way the club handled it. According to a poster who purportedly knows stuff (GNF) Roos was livid when the comeback but not with us unfolded - I don't blame Roos for being livid. Rivers, Frawley and Moloney owed us nothing and they were well paid so their debt was pretty much squared away. I can't say the same about Clark

Edited by nutbean
  • Like 5

Of you go then, you have made enough noise and with his six goals, it should result in the poll result you are looking for, but please phrase the question, "if returning to MFC was in the best interests of both the player and the Club should Mitch Clark have returned to MFC instead of going to Geelong"

There you go again

The rest of us put the interests of the club way, way, way before the interests of the player.

In any case, we don't agree with you that it was in any way in the best interests of his mental health., It's a spoonful of carp that has been served up but nobody is swallowing it

Gee you must really enjoy going to games

No, I don't mate. I hate it. That's the point. I am sick to death of having zero elite players and losing every week. Clark was the first elite player we have had in forever and look at the unbelievable circumstances that have seen him end up at f--king geelong. I'm actually in disbelief that somebody is arguing this with me TBH.

• Like 1

No, we won't be finding a coleman medallist hidden in our list somewhere I can guarantee you that

It is a waste of time having a Coleman medallist up there, if we haven't learn our lessons from the last few years and actually get the ball up to the forward 50, that was the one promising thing I took from the Freo game, we won that count, most of the time the delivery was rubbish but at least we got it up there

Whilst it would be great to have a Coleman winning KPF it doesn't necessarily equate to a premiership, Jack Riewoldt, if most of the forwards can do their bit, then that goes some way to winning games,

It is a waste of time having a Coleman medallist up there, if we haven't learn our lessons from the last few years and actually get the ball up to the forward 50, that was the one promising thing I took from the Freo game, we won that count, most of the time the delivery was rubbish but at least we got it up there

Whilst it would be great to have a Coleman winning KPF it doesn't necessarily equate to a premiership, Jack Riewoldt, if most of the forwards can do their bit, then that goes some way to winning games,

You just say things that have no relevance to anything. I'm done.

Without going back into the rumours I would like to tar and feather that little vixen that may have cost us two big men who are likely to dominate this season for other clubs.

Edited by america de cali

Actually that is incorrect - if the facts spoke for themselves everyone would be on the same page. I think everyone has right to be upset/annoyed/disappointed that we have lost a potential Coleman medalist.

By there is diverse opinion on the "facts" surrounding him leaving starting with him having depression, on the road to recovery and the doctor advising to him change environments - all the way through to his illness being bogus and its all a great rouse to get him out of our club ( and all manner of opinion in between).

I actually believe Clarks story from beginning to end - with the big proviso that I don't agree with the professionals opinion that he needed to change clubs. He is either mentally fit enough to play footy or he isn't and if he is then examine our club environment which is better than it has looked in a decade. No reason to move clubs - then he needed to ask himself whether he owes us anything. He said on his retirement that he felt guilty about taking our money and not playing - there is an easy way to overcome that guilt I would have thought.

Saty - on it being a professional sport - I don't have problem with that. I don't dislike Scully because he accepted a gazillion dollars to go to the GWS - I dislike like him because I have never heard a footballer stare down a camera and tell the lies he did. I don't dislike Rivers or Frawley - I don't begrudge Moloney going ( i do dislike his classless shot at Neeld being fired). But with Clark I believe the club went above and beyond the call to ensure we did the right thing by him and I was proud of the way the club handled it. According to a poster who purportedly knows stuff (GNF) Roos was livid when the comeback but not with us unfolded - I don't blame Roos for being livid. Rivers, Frawley and Moloney owed us nothing and they were well paid so their debt was pretty much squared away. I can't say the same about Clark

Nut, only differ slightly,

Once a player leaves MFC, I lose interest in them,, although I must admit have had a chat to a few away from fhe footy environment, as a human being

Not sure about your opinion on the changing of the environment though, have had experience over the years with certain people with depression and one of the first things looked at is environment, I am sure if I found myself in this position, I would follow any advice given

As for Roos being livid, I do find this a stretch, talking to him myself I have always found him to be, a player wants out, bye, replace

There you go again

The rest of us put the interests of the club way, way, way before the interests of the player.

In any case, we don't agree with you that it was in any way in the best interests of his mental health., It's a spoonful of carp that has been served up but nobody is swallowing it

I must learn to do that