OUT: Abbott IN: Turnbull

Soidee

The stupid left, like the dolt you're engaging, spend their life insulting conservatives, but coil at the slightest insult to them. Complete hypocrites.

Hmmm I am sensing the old problem, stereotyping people based on jack Shyte evidence based on lefties versus hard rights, don't let that stop an entertaining exchange of opinions. I am enjoying the posts. There's plenty of insults coming back from the right I think.

You and I have done this dance before, I know it and you know it, so let's to kid each other, if you want to pretend it hasn't happened then go ahead and delude yourself. Both here and Ology, deny it all you want, I'm not going to waste my time looking for stuff both of us know exists.

In other words, you are unable to do it. I know I have called people out on race issues.... but nowhere near as much as you are suggesting. Yes we have done this dance before, and to this very day you have not been able to put up any solid evidence or point to anything where I have actually called someone a racist... and that is what you are accusing me of. In other words, put up or shut up!!

In other words, you are unable to do it. I know I have called people out on race issues.... but nowhere near as much as you are suggesting. Yes we have done this dance before, and to this very day you have not been able to put up any solid evidence or point to anything where I have actually called someone a racist... and that is what you are accusing me of. In other words, put up or shut up!!

Hung by your own words, I thought it was only one time?

I don't have to prove anything to anyone, you and I both know it's true, unless you want to lie about it; do you?

Are you saying quite categorically that you've never called anyone a racist before? Think before you answer.

Hung by your own words, I thought it was only one time?

I don't have to prove anything to anyone, you and I both know it's true, unless you want to lie about it; do you?

Are you saying quite categorically that you've never called anyone a racist before? Think before you answer.

That probably should read, hung by your own lack of comprehension RF... I stated that "to get you started, here is something I said.." and stated that despite you insisting that I throw the term "racist" around more than anyone else, the term "racist" was not used. I will say it one last time, you are the one making the accusation, so show the proof, otherwise, STFU. I have no need to prove anything.

That probably should read, hung by your own lack of comprehension RF... I stated that "to get you started, here is something I said.." and stated that despite you insisting that I throw the term "racist" around more than anyone else, the term "racist" was not used. I will say it one last time, you are the one making the accusation, so show the proof, otherwise, STFU. I have no need to prove anything.

Nor do I, we both know and your failure to admit it means that you are a liar as well.

But that probably doesn't worry you does it?

Edited by RobbieF

Nor do I, we both know and your failure to admit it means that you are a liar as well.

But that probably doesn't worry you does it?

You make an accusation, you back it up. Just what exactly am I lying about? Please quote my lie.

I'm pretty sure we both know what it is, if you want to keep denying it that's your choice.

Google it.

Seriously RF, you are like a dog with a bone.You make an accusation, then I am pretty sure it is incumbent on you to provide the proof. I'm not even defending myself as I have neither denied nor agreed... in fact I did say I had called out people on race related issues in the past. You however said that I have used the term "racist" more than any others.... and on that point, I disagree vehemently. As usual, you pull claims out of you backside and don't expect to have to back it up.

One show I'm sure you used to identify with on the ABC must have been "Grumpy Old Men"... would have been like looking in a mirror (and yes, that is an intentionally snide remark).

Robbie

Interestingly it got a prominent run on ABC prime time TV news tonight! Complete with file footage and interviews. That's the outfit you want shut down because you don't want to pay for its output. But you now want to dictate another free enterprise outfit's editorial decisions. I think it is concievable that an editor might think well this all happened 20'years ago and has some association with a former prime minister who is not in Public Office. But front page of the Age or SMH, hmmm maybe not when we have QANTAS, Holden issues, diplomatic problems with China, East West Tunnel reports etc, etc. After all people with your priorities are not going to buy the Age are they. Its just business trying to survive!

Robbie

Interestingly it got a prominent run on ABC prime time TV news tonight! Complete with file footage and interviews. That's the outfit you want shut down because you don't want to pay for its output. But you now want to dictate another free enterprise outfit's editorial decisions. I think it is concievable that an editor might think well this all happened 20'years ago and has some association with a former prime minister who is not in Public Office. But front page of the Age or SMH, hmmm maybe not when we have QANTAS, Holden issues, diplomatic problems with China, East West Tunnel reports etc, etc. After all people with your priorities are not going to buy the Age are they. Its just business trying to survive!

Age Headlines.

Officials ignore 'ramping': doctors

Teenage girl 'body-slammed' at Flinders Street Station

Fears for tennis coach Paul Arber missing in New Zealand

Australians are retiring earlier than expected, Bureau of Statistics reveals

Yet they continue to ignore a storey that may result in criminal charges against a former Prime Minister.

Nothing about all those important issues you mention either.

Edited by RobbieF

Age Headlines.

Officials ignore 'ramping': doctors

Teenage girl 'body-slammed' at Flinders Street Station

Fears for tennis coach Paul Arber missing in New Zealand

Australians are retiring earlier than expected, Bureau of Statistics reveals

Yet they continue to ignore a storey that may result in criminal charges against a former Prime Minister.

Nothing about all those important issues you mention either.

Robbie

We can debate the priorities of Fairfax and their front page decisions in this very real time digital media. If they go for the "it just happened" news item who could blame them. Remember they are trying to sell newspapers, they are not obsessed with what Julia may have been involved with 20 years ago.

Robbie

We can debate the priorities of Fairfax and their front page decisions in this very real time digital media. If they go for the "it just happened" news item who could blame them. Remember they are trying to sell newspapers, they are not obsessed with what Julia may have been involved with 20 years ago.

They're not doing a very good job of that, are they.

So I take it you don't think it important that a former Prime Minister was involved in some really shady dealings, that could see people jailed and perhaps herself facing charges? Just seeing where your priorities lay; I guess Australians Retiring at an earlier age is much more newsworthy than that, I wonder if they'll even bother covering the trial.

I thought the HUN were the Current Affair of newspapers.

They're not doing a very good job of that, are they.

So I take it you don't think it important that a former Prime Minister was involved in some really shady dealings, that could see people jailed and perhaps herself facing charges? Just seeing where your priorities lay; I guess Australians Retiring at an earlier age is much more newsworthy than that, I wonder if they'll even bother covering the trial.

I thought the HUN were the Current Affair of newspapers.

Robbie

So you say about Julia. But the point has nothing to do with me or what I may think. Fairfax is free to make its own decisions on editorial content, surely. That is a basic tenet that you stand for I assume, freedom of the press. I can not intervene surely if I disagree with an article.

Robbie

So you say about Julia. But the point has nothing to do with me or what I may think. Fairfax is free to make its own decisions on editorial content, surely. That is a basic tenet that you stand for I assume, freedom of the press. I can not intervene surely if I disagree with an article.

Yes, they are free to make their own decisions and they've done a good job of it so far haven't they, if their readership falls much lower their share value will be about as good as Qantas.

I don't care the could package them up with the ABC as a job lot and they might raise the price of a return trip to Bali.

The Age had one thing going for them and that was their advertising, but with the advent of the internet they are not even worth the price of the paper they are printed on. Each day they ignore the real news they become even more irrelevant.

I'm happy with that by the way.

I see your from Fitzroy, that used to be my old stomping ground, long before the place was gentrified and the left wing, well to do greenies moved in and completely changed the character of the place.

Edited by RobbieF

Read the Age yesterday with opinion pieces from Amanda Vanstone and Tim Flannery. Watched a repeat of Q&A the other day with Christopher Pyne and Chris Bowen.

Waiting with bated breath for the day the Herald-Sun has David Karoli alongside Andrew Bolt.

Still trying to digest the whole ABC is crap viewing.

Two comedies this year - upper middle bogan - which was amusing but the show that followed - it's a date - written by Peter Helliar was really funny.

A serious question RF - do you actually watch ABC at all to make a judgement. The reason I ask is much of their programming can be a little off centre and the only way I know if it is any good is by giving it go. I am surprised by how much of the ABC I like watching.

The Australian has been obsessed with this issue for two years and it's gone nowhere in the courts.

Not sure what you're on about there they were in court the other day and the ruling allows to use the documents they got from Slater and Gordon with the other side given 7 days to appeal.

So it could proceed soon; they are not going to drop this in spite of her screams of misogyny and persecution. I was young and Naïve, she was 37 at the time and I wouldn't consider myself or anyone to be young an Naïve at that age; would you?