pick 74 - J.Khan (Pak) - H_T

pick 75 - (TD)

pick 76 - (Macca)

pick 77 - (Biffen)

pick 78 - (45HG)

pick 79 - (Django)

pick 80 - (Rogue)

Round Eleven - Final Round

To answer the Q HT, I was in Europe for a month loving life and now I've back and started teaching prep.

Probably no use apologising to you lot, but I feel like I've let the standard down (i.e. nfi that I already had 4 bowlers!). Kohli popped into mind about two weeks ago but just slipped the brain, amazing indeed. Good get Rogue.

This could be my Achilles heel.

J. P Duminy (Zaffers)

• Like 2

Zaheer Khan (India)

Good pick up at such a late pick Macca, I had a feeling that's who you were going to take.

Round 9, Pick 70

Angelo Mathews (Sri Lanka)

http://www.espncricinfo.com/srilanka/content/player/49764.html

I know his bio says he's an allrounder, but I reckon he's more a batsman who can bowl some handy medium pace. Up there with Shane Watson with a horrible conversion rate of 50's to 100's. 11 fifties and only 1 century. But I think he's got his best cricket ahead of him and he even has a better batting average then Watson.

• Like 1

Is it against the spirit to suggest players when I'm not in the game? If I were looking to get a Kiwi in to the side, I'd be looking to a certain 22 year old batsman with 3 centuries and 5 fifties to his name in his 20 tests, and a match winning unbeaten century against SA recently in an ODI.

Not proven yet at Test level yet, but definitely has a higher potential than a plodder like Guptill.

Here's the post of mine that Rogue moderator deleted :)
  • Like 1

And just to go for the hattrick of consecutive posts - I'm also happy to put my hand up for judging. I promise to judge with the impartialty of the AFL in a tanking inquiry and the integrity of a Pakistani fast bowler. Please leave any bribes in unmarked brown paper bags - thanks.

• Like 2

And just to go for the hattrick of consecutive posts - I'm also happy to put my hand up for judging. I promise to judge with the impartialty of the AFL in a tanking inquiry and the integrity of a Pakistani fast bowler. Please leave any bribes in unmarked brown paper bags - thanks.

Appreciate that Nasher, thanks.

Ooh my pick....(wont be long guys).

Round 9 pick 71 - Marlon Samuels (WI)

Has recovered well from his throwing the bat at Warnie incident during the Big Bash...lol and his last start 260 in a Test against Bangladesh.

It was a toss up between him and another who I actually selected last Best XI two years ago. Mums the word. Some may recall.

Over to you Mr.Uranus.

• Like 1

Appreciate that Nasher, thanks.Ooh my pick....(wont be long guys).Round 9 pick 71 - Marlon Samuels (WI)Has recovered well from his throwing the bat at Warnie incident during the Big Bash...lol and his last start 260 in a Test against Bangladesh.It was a toss up between him and another who I actually selected last Best XI two years ago. Mums the word. Some may recall.Over to you Mr.Uranus.

You ruined my perfect top order HT! Great pick up though.

You ruined my perfect top order HT! Great pick up though.

Thanks.

Btw Django I have just noticed you have 3 Indians in your side!

The OP states that you can only have a maximum of two players from one country (8 players - one from each country plus 3 more players from any country). Your last Indian you picked up was Harbhajan Singh.

What we will have to do is put H.Singh back in the pool of players yet to be picked up.

You can re-select your pick as the last pick of the Draft. ie. Not altering the current order.

Good pick up at such a late pick Macca, I had a feeling that's who you were going to take.

Round 9, Pick 70

Angelo Mathews (Sri Lanka)

http://www.espncricinfo.com/srilanka/content/player/49764.html

I know his bio says he's an allrounder, but I reckon he's more a batsman who can bowl some handy medium pace. Up there with Shane Watson with a horrible conversion rate of 50's to 100's. 11 fifties and only 1 century. But I think he's got his best cricket ahead of him and he even has a better batting average then Watson.

Angelo is a reasonably good player but Watto seems to cop a bit amongst a number of Aussie fans. I don't share that thinking and when he is fit, he adds a lot to our team. (he just needs to stay fit !!!) Considering the dearth of decent all rounders in world cricket I was surprised he got through to pick 44.

Watson averages 37 with the bat and 30 with the ball. He's very good in the slips and is the Australian Vice-Captain. I was thinking that 'Rogue' might have grabbed him as well as Kallis. (that might have left the rest of us with only 4 genuine front line bowlers each)

Watto will be back at the bowling crease sooner or later though I agree that he should concentrate on his batting only (for the time being)

I'll take Watto over Angelo any day of the week, 'TD' ! ^_^

Edited by Macca

Thanks.

Btw Django I have just noticed you have 3 Indians in your side!

The OP states that you can only have a maximum of two players from one country (8 players - one from each country plus 3 more players from any country). Your last Indian you picked up was Harbhajan Singh.

What we will have to do is put H.Singh back in the pool of players yet to be picked up.

You can re-select your pick as the last pick of the Draft. ie. Not altering the current order.

Ah whoops

Ah whoops

Hoping our footy teams cop a similar slap on the wrist for our lack of effort in the face of adversity back in 2009.

• Like 1

Still some good batting talent left late in the draft with Kohli, Duminy and Samuels all going recently.

I think TD is right on Matthews being more of a batsman who is handy with the ball, and his figures bear that out; Matthews has a bowling average of 70 (strike rate of 138)! In comparison, Gayle's bowling average is 42 (strike rate of 96). Matthews also has a pretty mediocre away record with the bat.

Macca, since Watson himself has said that he wants to be selected as a batsman only I put him in that basket. I think you're right re: Watson over Matthews though, if/when Watson is available to bowl.

PS. Bad luck with breaching the country cap, Django.

• Like 1

Still some good batting talent left late in the draft with Kohli, Duminy and Samuels all going recently.I think TD is right on Matthews being more of a batsman who is handy with the ball, and his figures bear that out; Matthews has a bowling average of 70 (strike rate of 138)! In comparison, Gayle's bowling average is 42 (strike rate of 96). He also has a pretty mediocre away record with the bat.Macca, since Watson himself has said that he wants to be selected as a batsman only I put him in that basket. I think you're right re: Watson over Matthews though, if/when Watson is available to bowl.PS. Bad luck with breaching the country cap, Django.

'

Ha! By the time we get this all done, Watto will be bowling again anyway ...

Besides, don't believe everything you read in the papers 'Rogue'. Especially those 'broadsheets!' :-)