We need answers MFC

dees64

Great post as a paid up member x4 i would think some contact with the members should be made to make sure we know were we stand should the AFL take action.

Au contrare, I would be very surprised and disappointed if the club came out and made sweeping statements to the media.

I would presume that they are in contact with the AFL on a regular basis, responding to questions with simple answers, and also I would presume that they have taken legal advice as to how to respond in the event of an adverse finding.

They would be crazy to show their hand publicly, at this stage.

• Like 3

Just a random question... why do many think they are soo important?

My rough calculations: revenue is around $33.5mil a year. The average membership costs (Adult 11) $329.... Your membership represents 0.001% of the clubs total revenue and because you post, anonymously without your membership number. to a non-MFC controlled forum demanding and/or needing answers you deserve them?

As far as I am aware with the tanking issue (the same as 99.9% of the football community) is a few articles have been written in a newspaper and an investigation is ongoing. The club should respond to this on here or in public? Respond to Caroline Wilson whenever she writes an article about MFC?? I would much prefer the club concentrated on working through the issues with the AFL in the best way they see fit, getting new players functioning as a team for 2013, the board looking at our strategic direction, the marketing group looking at getting new members, etc.

Surely as members, supporters or whatever you call yourself, our energy would be much better served supporting the team; rather than looking for another opportunity to "have a crack" at current or past staff. In the fullness of time it will be public knowledge to some extent - once the investigation finishes!

And for those having a go at Cameron, Don or any others. How would you have any idea what so ever of what they are doing day in, day out? Name an organisation where you know what senior manager's do every day??

Not a bad first post under this name....

Oh, and a 4 x Member for 2013, debt demolition contributer, purchaser of every raffle ticket for a Volvo or offered by Dudley and finally Demon Blood supporter of MFC...

Just a random question... why do many think they are soo important?

My rough calculations: revenue is around $33.5mil a year. The average membership costs (Adult 11) $329.... Your membership represents 0.001% of the clubs total revenue and because you post, anonymously without your membership number. to a non-MFC controlled forum demanding and/or needing answers you deserve them?

As far as I am aware with the tanking issue (the same as 99.9% of the football community) is a few articles have been written in a newspaper and an investigation is ongoing. The club should respond to this on here or in public? Respond to Caroline Wilson whenever she writes an article about MFC?? I would much prefer the club concentrated on working through the issues with the AFL in the best way they see fit, getting new players functioning as a team for 2013, the board looking at our strategic direction, the marketing group looking at getting new members, etc.

Surely as members, supporters or whatever you call yourself, our energy would be much better served supporting the team; rather than looking for another opportunity to "have a crack" at current or past staff. In the fullness of time it will be public knowledge to some extent - once the investigation finishes!

And for those having a go at Cameron, Don or any others. How would you have any idea what so ever of what they are doing day in, day out? Name an organisation where you know what senior manager's do every day??

Not a bad first post under this name....

Oh, and a 4 x Member for 2013, debt demolition contributer, purchaser of every raffle ticket for a Volvo or offered by Dudley and finally Demon Blood supporter of MFC...

Member since 1998

Supporter since 1969

Grew up in primary & High school laughed at as why I would follow a team who never played finals

Cried in 87 Prelim

Crushed in 88 & 2000 GF

Missed opportunity Daniher yrs

Ex redleg member

15yr member

I think this gives me & others the right to why our club has gone backwards over the last 6 yrs!

I will buy my 16th membership on 2013 as I have faith & hope in current coaching panel

I guess the 0.001% of my membership along with the other 35,000 is what makes football clubs....ask the 50-60k at clubs like Haw & Coll. Its snobs like you who think only the big end of town are only important enough to havea say or ask questions...go figure!

Edited by dees64
  • Like 1

Whole post based on the premise that:

1. the drivel that Caro writes has some basis in fact when there isnt actually that much evidence that it does;

2. the players we have let go are a loss

But agree that the club has never recovered from scotty thompson leaving and has been dismal since the Daniher years. changes are required and I have it in the mail that a tilt is already on the cards (and may even partially be behind the current agenda)

Nah. Just keep selling out any semblance of integrity you may once have had.

Unlike you, most other MFC supporters here don't, and won't, sell out.

I promise, If anyone buys it, I'll donate the procceds back to the MFC.

We need answers as paid up members & clearing the 5 million debt

1 Who were responsible for so called tanking which created a poor culture in the playing list& resulted in players leaving the club & damaging the culture

2 Was our footy dpt/plyers that split which resulted in the 186 loss

3 Why we have lost so many experienced players some of who were best & fairest winners in recent years

4 Our failed early picks over the last 5-6 yrs no longer at the club

5 Could the current coaches/footy dept not able to turn the above players around

I want to be positive about our future with our new coaching & recruiting & they cant be accountable on past picks. Any sanctions re tanking issues will hurt our club very hard & upset many members who have saved this club to see such a poor culture created.

Was Bailey a scapegoat not that I rated him much but did to powers higher above who thought early picks would save this club?

Pull your head in FFS. The club has said it won't comment during an ongoing investigation.

Why do we have to respond to Witch Wilson's trumpeting?

McLardy has said previously that the club will "vigorously" defend itself.

Take a couple a couple of Bex and lie down.

I know it's hard to accept but the Wilson thread on this has already gone on with umpteen pages of carp between WYL & America de Cali, do we need another?

Edited by diesel