The No T$ No B$ Thread

Redleg

On 02/01/2024 at 11:40, WalkingCivilWar said:

That wouldn’t suffice. They brought out the big guns last night at about 11pm. They *each had a go at that god-awful Celine Dion Titanic song. If I didn’t already hate that song with a passion, I do now.

*there’s six of them 😳

Your best bet is to make yourself known to them socially and then work on the actual issue. Vietnamese culture generally shows very little consideration for people unless there is a personal connection.

You don't have to marry their eldest son, though. The very next step down from that is to grab a box of in-season cherries from a proper grocer and knock on the door. This time of year cherries even overtake vitamins as the preferred checked baggage for Australia to Vietnam flights. 100% not kidding. Premium fruit is a Vietnamese social activity and they'll even be sharing on social media how great their neighbour is. You will be officially inducted into the circle of people to be considerate of.

From there eventually you'll be able to set some boundaries. As long as you don't marry their eldest son. Then you'll be expected to bring more cherries every time they karaoke.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Little Goffy said:

Your best bet is to make yourself known to them socially and then work on the actual issue. Vietnamese culture generally shows very little consideration for people unless there is a personal connection.

You don't have to marry their eldest son, though. The very next step down from that is to grab a box of in-season cherries from a proper grocer and knock on the door. This time of year cherries even overtake vitamins as the preferred checked baggage for Australia to Vietnam flights. 100% not kidding. Premium fruit is a Vietnamese social activity and they'll even be sharing on social media how great their neighbour is. You will be officially inducted into the circle of people to be considerate of.

From there eventually you'll be able to set some boundaries. As long as you don't marry their eldest son. Then you'll be expected to bring more cherries every time they karaoke.

Or play this...

What a good neighbor you would be LG.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, leave it to deever said:

Or play this...

What a good neighbor you would be LG.

Only because society won't allow the kind of savagery that I would prefer to unleash upon people who don't respect basic boundaries.

Curses upon the inventors of things like CCTV and forensics. I could have been such a great serial killer.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

These are the sort of world impacting issues we should be concerned about on DL and credit to you for raising it.

We have enough of stupid footy cr-p on the other threads.

BTW, I think the yellow is pineapple.

Edited by Redleg

2 hours ago, Little Goffy said:

Only because society won't allow the kind of savagery that I would prefer to unleash upon people who don't respect basic boundaries.

Curses upon the inventors of things like CCTV and forensics. I could have been such a great serial killer.

I'm sorry if I've offended you in any manner . Now or in any post.

Did I mention how wonderful you are?

• Haha 1
  • Clap 1

Back to the cricket. I’m so sick of seeing a petulant Steve Smith performance when he is given out. He blames everyone or everything but himself. And to stand in the middle of the pitch and stare after he was given out is just plain disrespectful and bad sportsmanship. He was a very good player- he no longer is. As for holding up play while a ball of sticky tape is removed from the sight screen area, was just a joke. Time for the selectors to look toward the future. Hopefully he can join Warner on the sidelines. He’s lost my respect as a player.

Edited by Neil Crompton
  • Like 1
  • Clap 3

4 minutes ago, Neil Crompton said:

Back to the cricket. I’m so sick of seeing a petulant Steve Smith performance when he is given out. He blames everyone or everything but himself. And to stand in the middle of the pitch and stare after he was given out is just plain disrespectful and bad sportsmanship.He was a very good player- he no longer is. As for holding up play while a ball of sticky tape is removed from the site screen area, was just a joke. Time for the selectors to look toward the future. Hopefully he can join Warner on the sidelines. He’s lost my respect as a player.

I will say I'm glad Warner is stepping down. Not for any behavior issues but simply because he has been out of form for a very long time. Also I didn't get what divine right he had to some sort of send off. Maybe he deserves one but he didn't deserve in form anyway the right to keep playing until he could have a send off in Sydney.

• Clap 2

2 hours ago, Redleg said:

yellow is pineapple.

I'd bet it's just another rip off from the big food engineering corporations with no flavor and a boat load of chemical colouring. Not that I'm cynical about these things 

Rest assured Mr Leg the world is safe with people like you and I addressing these big issues.

• Haha 1

Having lived in both Sydney and Melbourne, I've never understood the schedule of test matches in Oz.

Sydney's weather is reliably rainy and should be the first cab of the rank in late November.

Melbourne is reliably unreliable and should be the last in late Jan. But too much tradition too change now.

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Like 2

Did Summers on Melbourne seem hotter when you were a kid?

I remember water restrictions with buckets to fill up our clark pool and swimming Christmas day. 

Visiting Melbourne...St kilda East where I grew up I was reminiscing about taking up street leaves from Great trees and burning them in the gutter. No such fun these days. Oh yes and the fireworks I could get at my local Milk Bar .

Fireworks were the best entertainment money could buy.

I'm seriously considering driving to the Territory to get some.

I also noticed there aren't kids playing cricket in the street with bins like I did until the sun went down.

Probably kids are all on the Internet buying laptops and phones.

Sheesh.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

I also noticed there aren't kids playing cricket in the street with bins like I did until the sun went down.

Too many dangerous weirdos around.

3 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Too many dangerous weirdos around.

It's true. I think my parents were very negligent letting me and my siblings play outside as kids to all hours. It didn't seem to be on the radaar of most parents forty years ago.

A pedophiles happy days were the seventies.

5 hours ago, Little Goffy said:

Or a bottle of Brandy.

• Haha 1
  • Thinking 1

5 hours ago, Little Goffy said:

Thanks for that sound advice! Cherries fix everything 🍒 😊

I live in a small circular court, only eight houses, and the occupants of the other seven houses are Vietnamese. I have never in my life lived in such harmonious environs. They’re all so nice to me (I’m relatively new to the court) they’re super quiet (apart from that Karaoke do they held the other night, hopefully not a regular calendar fixture) and their little kids are polite and well-behaved, not a single little sch!tt amongst them. Nonetheless, I’m thinking of doing the cherry thing, maybe in a couple of weeks when it’s New Year.

As for me marrying the oldest son of any of the families… yeah nah not gonna happen. But my 18yo son has noticed one of them has a beautiful daughter about his age so ya never know 🥰

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Little Goffy said:

Right???? How did people in the 1800s NOT get away with murder?!

1 hour ago, Neil Crompton said:

Back to the cricket. I’m so sick of seeing a petulant Steve Smith performance when he is given out. He blames everyone or everything but himself. And to stand in the middle of the pitch and stare after he was given out is just plain disrespectful and bad sportsmanship. He was a very good player- he no longer is. As for holding up play while a ball of sticky tape is removed from the sight screen area, was just a joke. Time for the selectors to look toward the future. Hopefully he can join Warner on the sidelines. He’s lost my respect as a player.

Couldn’t agree more! I’m reluctant to ever say as much though since you can’t touch the golden boy. His otherworldly talent is undeniable, but personally I have never warmed to him. More so with Warner… can’t stand him. I’m on Team Mitch Johnson all the way. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

This Jamar Jamil bloke isn't too shabby.

Hopefully we will see a bit of turn for Lyon.

Won’t be needed. 🤭

• Clap 1

On 05/01/2024 at 09:39, Little Goffy said:

The very next step down from that is to grab a box of in-season cherries from a proper grocer and knock on the door. This time of year cherries even overtake vitamins as the preferred checked baggage for Australia to Vietnam flights. 100% not kidding. Premium fruit is a Vietnamese social activity and they'll even be sharing on social media how great their neighbour is. You will be officially inducted into the circle of people to be considerate of.

The fruit giving tradition is common in other parts of Asia as well. Koreans love to gift pears, apples and strawberries. Mmm Korean pears ... 🤤

• Love 1

1 hour ago, No. 31 said:

The fruit giving tradition is common in other parts of Asia as well. Koreans love to gift pears, apples and strawberries. Mmm Korean pears ... 🤤

I am waiting for the inevitable pair of Koreans joke.

• Haha 1