The No T$ No B$ Thread

Redleg

Strangely Stuie Ill agree with most of this in as much as you cant discuss something you know nothing or little about.

Years ago I actually read the Quran.

Came away thinking theres a lot of books in the wrong part of the Library !! :rolleyes:

For the most part it, Quran, is just anothers viewpoint and interpretation of belief and surrendering to a religions directive. There are fanatics from many beliefs. The current lot of Sharia inspired loonies is todays winner of mentally vacant despots.

The Spanish inquisition says hi

Yeah look I'm not defending Islam as a religion, I don't think it's better or worse than any other religion. I just think it's unfair to call these terrorists "Muslims" when they don't actually subscribe to the beliefs of Islam, which has been spoken about at length by Muslim teachers and leaders. One way to guarantee some kind of "religious war" is to keep classifying actions under religious banners rather than recognize these people as simply terrorists and then fight against terrorism in all it's forms.

The Terrorist Bombers were shouting "God is great" as they took concert goers out with M16's

Is this not mind control?

And does it matter which God is great as they are all cartoons of the mind?

There is going to be one huge Religious war in the coming years. These spot fires are getting more prevalent.

For what? My God is better than yours...

May they all disappear but sadly the will not...

Totally agree it's mind control. I don't believe however is that it's actual Islamic mind control in it's truest form. These terrorist organizations target very young boys and indoctrinate them in hate under the guise of it being Islam. It's sad that in this day and age there are still deaths over religious differences, some of which are only separated by who actually said what.

An important fact to note though is that more Muslims have died from "Islamic" terrorism than any other race or religion. What a mess.

Yeah look I'm not defending Islam as a religion, I don't think it's better or worse than any other religion. I just think it's unfair to call these terrorists "Muslims" when they don't actually subscribe to the beliefs of Islam, which has been spoken about at length by Muslim teachers and leaders. One way to guarantee some kind of "religious war" is to keep classifying actions under religious banners rather than recognize these people as simply terrorists and then fight against terrorism in all it's forms.

Muslim Extremists are Muslims. They are MORE deluded and dangerous than the more passive Muslim but they still quote from the same Quran as they explode themselves and others in the name of Allah

that's just not completely true, stuie

there have been many muslim teachers and leaders who have defended and supported islamic jihardists over last few decades including some very prominent muslim leaders

just where do you think they get their billions to finance their terror?

and pray tell me what a throw-away line like "All religions are capable of producing radical followers" adds to the discussion

it's a total non-statement

i never stated any confidence in "my knowledge" of this situation and your reference to "merits" is being disingenuous

nor did i make any knee-jerk religous generalisations

If you're really that bad at reading basic English, maybe you should think a bit more before posting anything.

And as for disingenuities maybe you should take a look in the mirror sometime since that's exactly what your use of the word 'merit' was.

• Like 1

The same old wafer thin rhetoric which dominates dialogue yet avoids substantive discussion.

''retard the human race'':

Did you know that science is a unique contribution of the Christian faith? It is the Christian world which gave birth to the experimental method of science itself because it was only the Christian worldview which viewed the world as a rational place which is open to exploration and discovery.

''Badly written''

I honestly have no time today to go through supposed contradictions. But luckily for me, this guy already has:

https://www.youtube.com/user/InspiringPhilosophy/videos

Anyways, check those videos out if you want to learn something.

Sorry Moneider, you can get away with all sorts of claims about the cultural importance of Christianity, but this is reaching too far. It was the Greeks (Aristotle for one).

• Like 1

Do these Terrorists kill in the name of Allah?

Yes or No...

No, they don't. Not sure how many more times I have to say this... Saying you're doing something doesn't mean you are. I'm writing this right now in the name of Buddha. Hmmm does that make it actually true?

Did Hitler kill in the name of God? (He was basically a Catholic)

Do the KKK lynch in the name of Christianity?

Do the Americans attack pretty much whoever they want in the name of God?

Do Catholic priests molest children in the name of Jesus?

Grasp the concept that these terrorists are in fact blasphemists to their own religion because their ACTIONS go against the actual BELIEFS that they claim to follow.

• Like 1

If you're really that bad at reading basic English, maybe you should think a bit more before posting anything.

And as for disingenuities maybe you should take a look in the mirror sometime since that's exactly what your use of the word 'merit' was.

The term "discussing on its merits" is a common enough term and you knew exactly what i meant and that is what i said was disingenuous

however.....i concede that the term "merits" in the context of a discussion on terrorism was inappropriate, even though there was no intention of using that word in one of its other meanings.

merit
[mer-it]
Spell Syllables
noun
1. claim to respect and praise; excellence; worth.
2. something that deserves or justifies a reward or commendation; acommendable quality, act, etc.:
The book's only merit is its sincerity.
3. merits, the inherent rights and wrongs of a matter, as a lawsuit,unobscured by procedural details, technicalities, personal feelings,etc.:
The case will be decided on its merits alone.

4. Often, merits. the state or fact of deserving; desert:

to treat people according to their merits.

5. Roman Catholic Church. worthiness of spiritual reward, acquired by righteous acts made under the influence of grace.
6. Obsolete. something that is deserved, whether good or bad.

Grasp the concept that these terrorists are in fact blasphemists to their own religion because their ACTIONS go against the actual BELIEFS that they claim to follow.

It depends which Chapter of the Quran you read as to how true that statement is?

These Terrorists are killing in the name of Allah

They are also blowing themselves up in the name of Allah

The Saudi's Drift their cars on public roads in the name of Allah..Do not try and deflect that one Stuie, no matter how much study you have embarked on.

It depends which Chapter of the Quran you read as to how true that statement is?

These Terrorists are killing in the name of Allah

They are also blowing themselves up in the name of Allah

The Saudi's Drift their cars on public roads in the name of Allah..Do not try and deflect that one Stuie, no matter how much study you have embarked on.

You've read the bible right? It's not exactly all cheesy songs and bake sales...

let's have a short break from all this ot stuff

for your edification.........

A guy enters a bar carrying an alligator.

Says to the patrons, "Here’s a deal. I'll open this alligator's mouth and place my genitals inside.

The gator will close his mouth for one minute, then open it, and I'll remove my unit unscathed.

If it works, everyone buys me drinks." The crowd agrees.

The guy drops his pants and puts his privates in the gator's mouth. Gator closes mouth.

After a minute, the guy grabs a beer bottle and bangs the gator on the top of its head. The gator opens wide, and he removes his genitals unscathed.

Everyone buys him drinks.

Then he says: "I'll pay anyone $100 who's willing to give it a try."

After a while, a hand goes up in the back of the bar. It's a woman.

"I'll give it a try," she says, "but you have to promise not to hit me on the head with the beer bottle."

• Like 2

Bmok

Yes They most certainly did

"Say nothing about this to anyone ever. I am Gods messenger, thus i wear this cape"

Catholic Priests got away with this atrocity for decades by using fear as their defence.

Wake up

No, they don't. Not sure how many more times I have to say this... Saying you're doing something doesn't mean you are. I'm writing this right now in the name of Buddha. Hmmm does that make it actually true?

Did Hitler kill in the name of God? (He was basically a Catholic)

Do the KKK lynch in the name of Christianity?

Do the Americans attack pretty much whoever they want in the name of God?

uh oh!

"godwins law" or "reductio ad hitlerum" take your pick

Yes They most certainly did

"Say nothing about this to anyone ever. I am Gods messenger, thus i wear this cape"

Catholic Priests got away with this atrocity for decades by using fear as their defence.

Wake up

That was my whole point WYL. Now, do you think those priests would be considered good true Catholics?

I'm going to leave it at that mate. Have a good day.

You've read the bible right? It's not exactly all cheesy songs and bake sales...

As i said earlier. The Bible is no different

A badly written delusional and quite evil in sections Fairy Story

The only difference is the characters names are changed...

That was my whole point WYL. Now, do you think those priests would be considered good true Catholics?

The Church AND The VATICAN have been covering it all up for the same time

Your arguements like the Bible Facts are full of holes

Please, someone else explain to this guy what the point is. I'm done trying.

The point is that Religion has allowed certain Human Beings do disgraceful things in the name of a Cloud Fairy

And The Church Ministers have turned a blind eye to it.

So i say the Authorities of this evil Religion are not "Good"

Quite simple really

MMeawhile in the world of Football all await the day of Judgement :)

MMeawhile in the world of Football all await the day of Judgement :)

And it starts with a draft, which by monday will be only 8 days away, with the Rookie Draft another 3 days away. Also, tomorrow will see the start of the WADA Appeal.