Important: Please Read: Advertising & Membership

Demonland

There seems to be something wrong with the "quick reply" box at the bottom of threads too, in the main skin, not the mobile one. Others have mentioned it to me and I have the same issue - pressing the "post" button causes nothing to happen, and you have to post using the "More Reply Options" (to bring up the full editor). The "Quote" buttons also don't work.

What operating system are you using? Windows, Mac or Mobile device? What browser? Please ensure your software and browsers are up to date. i have now tested on different browsers and operating systems and it is working for me.

this was happening on Whisperings phone on Friday and a restart did the trick. was also happening during tge day on Friday to me on work computer and clearing the cache seemed to do the trick. anyway now it is working for me on a variety of platforms and the shear amount of posts on Demonland over the past 24 hours tells me that these are isolated issues. try clearing the cache and see if that helps. let me know if the problem persists.

this was happening on Whisperings phone on Friday and a restart did the trick. was also happening during tge day on Friday to me on work computer and clearing the cache seemed to do the trick. anyway now it is working for me on a variety of platforms and the shear amount of posts on Demonland over the past 24 hours tells me that these are isolated issues. try clearing the cache and see if that helps. let me know if the problem persists.

Doh. Emptied the cache and it fixed a bunch of issues I've been having. Sorry for making you explain the obvious to me, should've just done that to begin with.

The home page (demonland.com) seems to pointing in the wrong direction. It's trying to load index.php (Sorry we couldn't find that) when I think it should be index.html.

It's okay, I figured out how to fix it myself. I cleared the cache and everything seems to be working fine........... :wacko:

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, just thought that I would put out a reminder that you can take out a Demonland subscription in order to view the site ad free. It also gives you access to the smartphone skin which makes the viewing experience of the site much better and easier on the eyes. You can take out a Lifetime ($60) or Annual ($25) whith all proceeds going towards covering the costs of running the site and I also send some Nasher's way for the excellent job he does keeping the back end of the site running smoothly. I have just paid for our yearly expense of forum software licensing and you also might have notice how smoothly the site was running during the Roos announcement so Nasher deserves some love.

The prices will most likely go up at the beginning of the 2014 season so get in early for a reduced rate.

You can subscribe here: http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?/subscriptions/

If you are already a subscriber you may still contribute (again) by donating here: http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?/donate/

Here is a copy of a post from earlier in the year about the benefits of taking out a Demonland Subscription

If you love using Demonland to talk about the Dees with fellow tragics then the best way for you to help is to take out a Demonland.com membership/subscription. You can either take out a one off annual membership which entitles you to a year of Demonland minus the annoying advertising on the site. You also get access to the mobile skin for viewing the site nicely on your smartphone. Or you can contribute a little bit more and take out a Lifetime membership which offers you the same as the annual membership but for life.

The costs of these packages will be going up on March 2014 so get in quick to take advantage of 2013 prices.

If you have already taken out a Demonland subscription and want to continue to help contribute to keeping this site running then you can always donate to us here - http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?/donate/

The current costs for a Demonland.com membership is as follows:

Annual Demonland.com membership is $25 per year. (1 year subscription of Demonland.com without advertisements. Also includes access to the Mobile Skin for Smartphones)

Lifetime Demonland.com membership is $60 for life. (Lifetime subscription to Demonland.com without advertisements. Also includes access to the Mobile Skin for Smartphones)

You can subscribed by clicking the Subscription tab under the main Demonland logo at the top of the page next to the Home tab and follow the prompts through to PayPal.

Or simply click this link - http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?/subscriptions/

The mobile skin looks like this on your smartphone:

mobileskin01.jpg

mobileskin02.jpg

mobileskin03.jpg

It's easier to read on a smartphone than the full site so if you do the majority of your reading of Demonland on your phone then the mobile skin is great. The software does of course recognise the device you are using so if you have a subscription but are viewing on your PC or iPad then it will display the full site. If you are viewing on your iPhone then it will display the mobile skin. If you are viewing the mobile skin on your phone and you want to view the full site there is a convenient button at the bottom and top of the page that allows you to switch back to the full site.

Also, in addition to access to the mobile skin the subscriptions remove the advertising on the site to give you a better viewing experience of the site.

Here is a screenshot of the site with ads:

Ads.jpg

Here is a screenshot of the site with No Ads:

NoAds.jpg

All proceeds from subscriptions go towards paying for the site costs and periodically if there is anything left in the kitty I throw some of it Nasher's way for the amazing job he does in keeping the site's backend running smoothly or I will donate it back to the club.

So if you want to help us out then there is a way to do so as well as getting something back in return.

Cheers and Go Dees in 2014.

Andy

Just a great site and a fantastic effort to keep it so cheap

Dont even mind the limited ads. I think I can say some of those mature ladies add a bit of "sex appeal"

I quite like the adds too. ( You know a new love. Someone with a shared interest in Alpacas.)

Anyway, I'll simply donate again but I would like the skin if you can tell me how to obtain it. Keep it simple.

If you take out a Demonland Subscription then you get the mobile skin which will automatically load once you are a Demonland Subscription Member and you are logged in on Demonland.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been getting a womans health pop up when I go to Demonland, is this something you guys have agreed to?

• 2 weeks later...