NFL

Dappa Dan

Mother of god.... I've never seen worse offense by an Eagles team. I think this will be a 4-12 year now.

Did anyone get the two Macca?

GRRM got 2 and missed on the Ravens (like most of us)

Interesting that 3 of the 6 road winners this week won their division last year whilst Arizona went 11/5 last year and may have won the NFC West but for the injury to Palmer. Atlanta with Ryan are always capable.

Some of the pundits are saying that Romo might miss up to 10 games so if your Eagles can string a few wins together, the division can be won with a low win count. The Giants are not a good team and Washington aren't much chop either.

We might see a repeat of 2011 when 9 wins won the NFC East ... even 8 wins might get it done. Dallas have a tough schedule and without Romo & Bryant, every win they get will be hard earned.

I think you guys played them at home last year and it was a different game to today. Sherman wasn't targeted that day but today he gave up penalties and a healthy Rodgers is too hard to stop when the run game is on as well. Chicago got spanked and Cutler got hurt after his trademark pick 6. Dunno about Detroit. Chicago have fallen away and the Vikes are young. Detroit have the defense, the QB and the star receiver. It just hasn't clicked yet and the NFC north hasn't had a legitimate challenger since Chicago were in superbowls.

Detroit have been dealt a tougher schedule and it looks like it may be too much for them ... if they lose to Denver this week then it might be all over for them. They then have to go to Seattle in week 4.

So much depends on these early games ... a season can be over very quickly unless a team can at least break even - as an example, the Giants could easily be 2 & 0 but are now 0 & 2 and staring down the barrel. The Ravens are another team who already desperately need a win.

It might be a year with a lot of upsets as there's any number of teams who are capable on their day. I see AP had a big day today and Bridgewater's completion percentage was very good. Division wins are always good value - anytime.

A week for the perennially awful sides - Cleveland, Tampa, Washington, Jacksonville and Oakland all won.

Meanwhile some of the Week 1 popular sides stunk - Buffalo, Tennessee, St Louis, Miami.

Baltimore, Philly and New Orleans all look a bit off the pace this year on the evidence to date. On the other side, New England and Green Bay are going to be tough to beat, again.

I'm a bit with you when it comes to the cowboys. They tend to get pumped up every year due to being the cowboys but they have exceeded expectations. Even Romo who has copped it his whole career has improved after being given a huge contract that a lot of media folk slammed him and mr jones for. Philly have a problem. I think it's BS but the chatter about Chip Kelly and the issues he has had with black players is making a lot of journalists froth at the mouth for his demise. Not only that but the skill players he did let go were all very good players. I enjoy watching Eagles games as their fast pace offense is good to watch when it works.

I think it will be the white O linemen (not to make this a race thing they just happen to be white!) that will hurt Kelly. They had an amazing running game and he got rid of the 2 guards in Mathis and Herremans who powered a lot of that run game. And now they are spending money on expensive running backs who can't make any running yards because the line isn't blocking for them. And then the QB can't complete deep passes (partly because he's not great) because he's worried about getting sacked.

You can't have everything in the NFL and be under the salary cap but I'd rather have a good O line and average running backs with 1 or 2 receiving weapons than a bad o line and whatever backs or receivers you want. Then you at least get a running game and from there you can help your defense.

• Like 1

Jets win!

Not sure whether the story is the Jets winning or the Colts losing ...

Indi have started 0-2 but they haven't played a divisional rival yet ... Tennessee might be tougher opposition with Mariota and Houston are good on their day - all the same, to only score 7 points at home in a game like this is a very poor return.

As for the Jets, their defense played a big game and they might prove hard to beat if they can maintain that part of their game ... next 3 - vs Philadelphia, @ Miami, vs Washington - all winnable.

I've not read the comments as I have yet to watch the Seahawks game nor MNF.

But FFS typical Rams, losing to Washington FFS.

I said over a year ago I think Fisher needs to go, we have a team developed to win our division and our record in our div is pretty good considering how good the other teams are/were, but we struggle against others outside our division and lose to teams we just shouldn't.

And so much for our running game...

I'm still annoyed. Should be 2-0 for the first time since 2001. But no.

Maybe my feeling on the colts was wrong! Have seen bits of them through the first 2 weeks, their o-line sucks, too much pressure on luck and seems he has no'o down the field to throw to. He maybe one of the best QB going round but if you've got pressure in your face it makes it hard.. Lucky for them their divison isn't the strongest but they'd wanna improve from here on

Edited by JV7

Glad I didn't pick the redskins...

I wasn't tempted ... I'd rather wait till Monday to see my tips lose.

It's tough enough trying to find home winners this week ... there's a whole bunch of games where I just can't find a standout winner.

Seattle, New England and probably GB should win but that's about it - I like the Ravens at home too.

How the could overturn that catch for Britt has got me baffled.

Poor call.

On another note, once again we lose and score 2/3 or [censored] all.

Fisher has to go, sack him now, 5 years of losing, he is good for special teams and decent on D but our offence is still so poor.

We will not get a winning season with this f!og in charge.

Poor call.

Fisher has to go, sack him now, 5 years of losing, he is good for special teams and decent on D but our offence is still so poor.

Looked like a average game to watch going by the score line... Dissapointing couple of weeks for you Gorgoroth after the impressive win in week 1... Looks like Big Ben is out for 4-6 weeks, be interesting to see how Vick goes as the starting QB for the steelers.

Colts found a way, just. They really don't seem the side I personally thought they'd be this year.. Still a long way to go tho. Pumped about the Falcons win, Cowboys minus some serious talent but still to beat Cowboys on the road is always tough and coming down from 14 behind on 3 seperate occasions was impressive.. Julio jones is having some year so far. Got the Texans & redskins at home the next 2 weeks, I do not dare to dream of a 5-0 start.. We will lose one of these games I guarantee. Oh and how bad are the 49ers ???!!!

Edited by JV7

Two wins in a row for the vikes. The game was setup by AP and the D line who rushed Phillip Rivers all day. Onto Denver where I'm a little confident of an upset. I think the Bills are playoff bound. They look real good. Bengals look good but they have done it before and then turn to crud in the playoffs. Dalton is completely different on the big stage. Patriots are evil and Julio Jones is playing like a MVP at the moment.

Poor call.

I keep waiting for your boys to take the next step. There is too much talent in St.louis to be losing those type of games at home. I think Fisher is on his way out but then you will beat Arizona or Seattle again and all is forgiven.

Bears season is done so tossing up between the Bengals and Bills for my new AFC team to support for the rest of the year.

That said holding the Seahawks to 6 at half time is a big step forward for the bears dreadful defense. Tank well enough and get a new QB and maybe we might turn it around quickly. Rebuilding in the NFL is even scarier than rebuilding in the AFL!

Thinking of having a sneaky bet on the cardinals to win the AFC West. They haven't beaten much but are red hot right now and they seem a well balanced team.

Points tally in the comp ...

2 - JV7

1 - Gorgoroth, cowboy_from_hell

titan_uranus, Georgiou R.R. Martin, Macca

0 - Everyone else!

No real surprises with the results although a lot of the games were difficult to call ... Indi were a little lucky to win, the Ravens & Saints are now staring down the barrel but Atlanta, Carolina, Arizona, Denver, Cincinnati, New England & the Bills have been very good. The Vikes have had 2 good wins as well.

Don't know what to make of the 49ers and Detroit - Kaepernick is really struggling and Stafford labors when the heat is on. And can the Steelers win with Vick for 4-6 weeks?

Edited by Macca