NFL

Dappa Dan

Also, OneHD are replaying the Patriots @ NY Jets game from 6am next Wednesday (no live coverage of this game though)

Interesting that the Vikes have gone with Freeman this early 'cfh'. He's certainly got talent and I hope he does well for your blokes. If he strikes form you could start winning games again (assuming AP continues to have big games)

Still reckon our division will be tight with maybe only the division winner making the playoffs. We may see the 2 wild-cards come out of the NFC West. I can see all the teams within the NFC North sharing the wins against each other (with the home teams winning most of the games)

Our division will stay tight no doubt about it. Vikes have already lost to the bears and lions away so the return games are must wins. I'm happy this game is on Monday night as Freeman has that freakish talent that could be great to watch. Or we get the worst QB in regards to stats this year as he was when he started at Tampa bay. If he does play well for a month the bucs coach schiano? Will get the flick.

• Like 1

Bad week for the vikes. Adrian peterson's 2 year old son to his ex was physically abused and died. Pretty horrible news and they lost to the panthers at home. I'd say it would take a miracle by the new messiah freeman to get us back in contention.

Didn't see the saints pats game but will have to watch it. Bengals, packers, chiefs, 49ers and rams get up. I'm feeling lonely.

That was tragic news, I just can't understand that sort of stuff.

Once again, the TV games. The early morning Monday games may kick in soon (hopefully)

Overall, we've missed out in seeing a lot of the good match-ups (compared to last season) For instance, this week, we don't get to see the games between the Bengals/Lions, Cowboys/Eagles or Ravens/Steelers (this game is nearly always a good one)

The Pats/Jets game holds a bit of interest too (replayed 6am on Wednesday on OneHD)

Mon Oct 21

7.05am San Francisco at Tennessee (Fox1)

7.25am Cleveland at Green Bay (OneHD)

11.30am Denver at Indianapolis (OneHD & ESPN)

Tues Oct 22

11.30am Minnesota at NY Giants (ESPN)

All the other week 7 games

ps ... good luck with the tips! (there's a few who've already got the Seahawks up)

• Like 1

Not sure which one I am more excited about, the Bengals win or picking three winners, I'm coming for you Cowboy :)

It sounds like it was a good game so it should be fun to sit down and watch it tonight. Tragic news about Hall though, another achilles, he could be done for good and he is by far our best corner. A bad day for serious injuries around the league.

• Like 1

Not sure which one I am more excited about, the Bengals win or picking three winners, I'm coming for you Cowboy :)

It sounds like it was a good game so it should be fun to sit down and watch it tonight. Tragic news about Hall though, another achilles, he could be done for good and he is by far our best corner. A bad day for serious injuries around the league.

Bloody Pats stuffed at my tips. Brady to Gronk all day would have won them the game. Brady looked out of sync with his receivers. Brady having a not good but not too bad performance reminds me of seeing Ablett Snr only kick 4 goals. You always anticipate more. Those Bengals look to be playoff bound. Dalton had a good day by the looks of it. Has he improved or is his regular season numbers always pretty good?

I just need to retire. If I can't pick three road winners this week then I never will.

Relief at Arrowhead today. A pretty lacklustre performance, but a win is a win I suppose.

7 and 0! Amazing transformation - Reid and Smith were always going to add wins but you're almost certainties for the play-offs now. Reid made the playoffs 9 times with the Eagles so he's always known how to win. Probably shouldn't come as a big surprise, all things considered.

Re the comp ... just goes to show that numbers can skew things sometimes. 6 or 7 road winners per week doesn't convert to being able to pick 3 of them out correctly. We have to leave it as it is now but if we do it again, some fine tuning might be required! :) Maybe a few '2 out of 3' weeks? I'm beginning to think my lone point was just a mere fluke. We've got a bonus week coming up in a fortnight so hang in there!

Oh and the Pats/Jets game ended up being shown live this morning. It may well have been listed but not on my 'Internet' TV guide.

Pittsburgh winning helps your blokes as well. Are they back? With a QB as good as Big Ben they were always likely to get some wins. 2 games clear are the Bengals ... your schedule isn't that tough but some of the teams you're up against can play well when it suits. The Jets are one of those teams and they visit Cinci next week.

Big Rex never ceases to surprise - big big win today for the Jets (there were a few surprise winners but just catching up with it all now) Things fell nicely for the Packers as well.

Bloody Pats stuffed at my tips. Brady to Gronk all day would have won them the game. Brady looked out of sync with his receivers. Brady having a not good but not too bad performance reminds me of seeing Ablett Snr only kick 4 goals. You always anticipate more. Those Bengals look to be playoff bound. Dalton had a good day by the looks of it. Has he improved or is his regular season numbers always pretty good?

The Jets are only 1 game back in the AFC East and they could have easily won both encounters against New England. Not altogether sure about the Pats but I say that every year and they end up proving me wrong!

The Vikes must win tomorrow but how's it going to be if the Giants are 0 and 7? Gonna be fascinating to see how Freeman goes. Packers visit Minnesota next week ^_^

• Like 2

7 and 0! Amazing transformation - Reid and Smith were always going to add wins but you're almost certainties for the play-offs now. Reid made the playoffs 9 times with the Eagles so he's always known how to win. Probably shouldn't come as a big surprise, all things considered.

Re the comp ... just goes to show that numbers can skew things sometimes. 6 or 7 road winners per week doesn't convert to being able to pick 3 of them out correctly. We have to leave it as it is now but if we do it again, some fine tuning might be required! :) Maybe a few '2 out of 3' weeks? I'm beginning to think my lone point was just a mere fluke. We've got a bonus week coming up in a fortnight so hang in there!

Oh and the Pats/Jets game ended up being shown live this morning. It may well have been listed but not on my 'Internet' TV guide.

Pittsburgh winning helps your blokes as well. Are they back? With a QB as good as Big Ben they were always likely to get some wins. 2 games clear are the Bengals ... your schedule isn't that tough but some of the teams you're up against can play well when it suits. The Jets are one of those teams and they visit Cinci next week.

Big Rex never ceases to surprise - big big win today for the Jets (there were a few surprise winners but just catching up with it all now) Things fell nicely for the Packers as well.

The Jets are only 1 game back in the AFC East and they could have easily won both encounters against New England. Not altogether sure about the Pats but I say that every year and they end up proving me wrong!

The Vikes must win tomorrow but how's it going to be if the Giants are 0 and 7? Gonna be fascinating to see how Freeman goes. Packers visit Minnesota next week ^_^

Jets would be wrapped the bills got up over Miami as well. The Pats will be around the mark due to their division. The Jets will drop a game here or there and Miami and Buffalo can't find consistent form. Another Packer win and another injury. Finley went down and it didn't look good at all. They think he will be ok but it looked a little scary for a while. The vikes need to win so they can start the same QB two weeks in a row. If Freeman fails then what? Back to Ponder or Cassel? Our defense is awful this year so it's not all a QB problem. The Giants 0-7 is unthinkable. Giants fans must have that pale shocked looked on their face as if they woke up in a 'The walking dead' episode. Gorgoroth must have that look on his face as well. Sorry about Bradford. Is it Tebow time?

• Like 2

Jets would be wrapped the bills got up over Miami as well. The Pats will be around the mark due to their division. The Jets will drop a game here or there and Miami and Buffalo can't find consistent form. Another Packer win and another injury. Finley went down and it didn't look good at all. They think he will be ok but it looked a little scary for a while. The vikes need to win so they can start the same QB two weeks in a row. If Freeman fails then what? Back to Ponder or Cassel? Our defense is awful this year so it's not all a QB problem. The Giants 0-7 is unthinkable. Giants fans must have that pale shocked looked on their face as if they woke up in a 'The walking dead' episode. Gorgoroth must have that look on his face as well. Sorry about Bradford. Is it Tebow time?

Yeah, I'd caught the score but hadn't seen the 2nd half of the Packers game until now. Looked bad for Finley but hopefully he'll be ok. The clash of helmets was frightening - those WR's and RB's all must know that an earth shattering hit can happen anytime.

It's just as well Green Bay are developing a running game (Lacy looks the goods) as we're running out of WR's! Our much maligned defense is doing quite well also. But it's a brutal sport and the concussion issue is still a huge concern.

Freeman has had the wake up call and it's all up to him now. I reckon he can be successful at the Vikes. The G men have to win a game sooner or later and it might be close tomorrow. Minnesota by a field goal.

• Like 2

Brady has looked out of synch with his receivers for most of the season. You can see the steam venting from his ears. It is not an easy scheme to learn and it is obvious that more often than not guys just aren't where Brady expects them to to be.

After watching the Bengals game all I can say is that Megatron is a beast...just wow. Yes Hall was a big loss for us and the Lions continually converting on third and long which shows just how much we are going to miss him, but Megatron is awesome.

Dalton is a toughie. He is a good QB he will just never be great. He really doesn't have a great deepball and he probably cost AJ a couple of touchdowns today due to underthrowing deepballs due to his arm strength issues. Even the 82 yard reception AJ had to come back for rather than hitting him in stride. Two thirds of Andy's yards last week were actually yards after the catch rather than through the air. You just have to use him the right way, although even then he does come up with some head scratching interceptions.

Problem is Gruden our OC is continually auditioning for a head coaching job and thus running the ball and using slants and screens doesn't grab the attention like a high octane deep ball offence does. We could win a superbowl with Andy some day, but it is also just as likely that a few years down the track he flames out like Schaub seems to be doing.

• Like 1

I just need to retire. If I can't pick three road winners this week then I never will.

Relief at Arrowhead today. A pretty lacklustre performance, but a win is a win I suppose.

Yep it has been frustrating. Macca has mooted changes for next season, perhaps half a point for two out of three just to make us feel better :)

Lacklustre perhaps mate, but now the only undefeated team. Who would have thunk it :)

• Like 1

Just saw the news on Sam Bradford. Terrible bad luck - the dreaded torn ACL can often happen from a seemingly nothing incident. Hope he makes a full recovery.

Apparently St Louis only have the one back-up QB in Kellen Clemens so the Rams will need to bring in at least one more QB.

Just saw the news on Sam Bradford. Terrible bad luck - the dreaded torn ACL can often happen from a seemingly nothing incident. Hope he makes a full recovery.

Apparently St Louis only have the one back-up QB in Kellen Clemens so the Rams will need to bring in at least one more QB.

From the highlights of the game it looked like a both teams wanted blood. The panthers defender celebrating while Bradford is rolling around in pain isn't a good look. There aren't many QB's out there. According to some there is Tebow and Tebow and another option could be Tim Tebow.

The points tally ...

3 - cowboy from hell

1 - Strafford, Macca

0 - Gorgoroth, pantaloons, DemonDave, 45HG, Norm Smith's Curse, bananas, Demon Land 7

... week 8 games* and 'The BS Report'

* The 49ers/Jacksonville is being played at Wembley but it could be argued that San Francisco are the road team (technically?) Anyway, for the sake of argument, we'll just class them as the road team (cos we all need a point!)

• Like 1

AP with 28 yards. He usually does that in his sleep on one carry. Turnovers killed the vikes and Freeman couldn't settle into the game. Giants breathe a sigh of relief and get their first win. Vikings and packers next week. God help me.

I'm gutted, we lose Bradford for the year and our next game is MNF against the Seahawks... God damn it!

I should give up on sport, between, Melbourne, the rams and Bolton Wanderers I get nothing but heartache.

CFH Freeman was terrible, hi constantly threw high, will Ponder come back?

The points tally ...

3 - cowboy from hell

1 - Strafford, Macca

0 - Gorgoroth, pantaloons, DemonDave, 45HG, Norm Smith's Curse, bananas, Demon Land 7

... week 8 games* and 'The BS Report'

* The 49ers/Jacksonville is being played at Wembley but it could be argued that San Francisco are the road team (technically?) Anyway, for the sake of argument, we'll just class them as the road team (cos we all need a point!)

I like it :)

AP with 28 yards. He usually does that in his sleep on one carry. Turnovers killed the vikes and Freeman couldn't settle into the game. Giants breathe a sigh of relief and get their first win. Vikings and packers next week. God help me.

Seems to be a bit of panic in the leadership Cowboy. Talk about setting Freeman up to fail. Looks like a really tough schedule for your guys ahead as well. Unfortunately being a Bengals fan and with our past struggles I know only too well what you are going through and as we both know ...it sucks. Hopefully with regime change next season the wheel will turn. This a deep draft for QB's so even if Freeman doesn't work out either, you will have the chance to draft someone who has the tools to succeed.

I'm gutted, we lose Bradford for the year and our next game is MNF against the Seahawks... God damn it!

I should give up on sport, between, Melbourne, the rams and Bolton Wanderers I get nothing but heartache.

CFH Freeman was terrible, hi constantly threw high, will Ponder come back?

Tough luck with Bradford mate. Hopefully someone can step up.

Ok... San Fran, Green Bay and Seattle.

Gorgo, what about trading for someone like Kyle Orton? It depends on what you want to make of this season I suppose. He might help you get close to the final wildcard spot, but maybe losing the plot from here and getting a top 10 pick isn't all bad. Orton isn't going to be playing with Romo there, and has been useful at times in the past.