NFL

Dappa Dan

Mondays the pick of the games for sure! I just saw the ad for Broncos-Raiders on ESPN while watching Mike and Mike, they

were hyping it up as 'AFC West leading Broncos' vs "The men in black" or something similar. Nothing positive or hype inducing

to say about this current incarnation of the Raiders!

The other game id want to watch is Baltimore v RG3, err I mean the Redskins. Not sure Griffin and Morris will be able to run big yards

as easily against the stingy Ravens as they did on Monday night...

Thanks Macca for every week.

The 'skins have been on almost every week since I forked out for season gamepass against Viks. I'm glad I spent $ anyway, I can't record One and some gamepass US ads are funny for the first time. The game condensed is great.

Sav was good on SEN this morning, but it was a terrible interview. It was like they watched the game on the weekend and that's all they have.

RG3 and Alfred Morris continue to defy all expectations. With Orakpo and Davis gone, I thought we were done. Are we? Feels like we've been playing playoff games every week since the bye 3 games back and the Ravens will be too much this week. Through past experience, I'm actually scared of their running game, but that probably won't be the problem, our secondary is terrible.

HTTR

Thanks Macca for every week.

The 'skins have been on almost every week since I forked out for season gamepass against Viks. I'm glad I spent $ anyway, I can't record One and some gamepass US ads are funny for the first time. The game condensed is great.

Sav was good on SEN this morning, but it was a terrible interview. It was like they watched the game on the weekend and that's all they have.

RG3 and Alfred Morris continue to defy all expectations. With Orakpo and Davis gone, I thought we were done. Are we? Feels like we've been playing playoff games every week since the bye 3 games back and the Ravens will be too much this week. Through past experience, I'm actually scared of their running game, but that probably won't be the problem, our secondary is terrible.

HTTR

Yeah , should be a ripper games for your blokes against the Ravens . It's good that it's on 'free to air' for those who haven't got foxtel . I'll definitely be tuning in . Baltimore have won 5 games by 3 points or less this season so it could be another close one .

Thought I'd bump up the games as they're on the previous page ...

FRI, DEC 07

12.20 PM Denver(9-3) at Oakland (3-9) OneHD & ESPN

MON, DEC 10

5.00 AM Baltimore (9-3) at Washington (6-6) OneHD

5.00 AM Dallas (6-6) at Cincinnati (7-5) Fox3

8.25 AM New Orleans (5-7) at NY Giants (7-5) OneHD

8.25 AM Arizona (4-8) at Seattle (7-5) Fox3

12.20 PM Detroit (4-8) at Green Bay (8-4) OneHD & ESPN

TUE, DEC 11

12.30 PM Houston (11-1) at New England (9-3) ESPN

* For all other games you can visit this link

Edited by Macca

You've gotta be happy with Peyton, Cards . 2 seed is up for grabs ...

Edited by Macca

Mate like him a whole lot more than TEBOW.... In saying that Peypey is still not back to the player he was (even though his stats are some of his best this season), you can see he doesn't have the same zing on his ball and he under throws to much on long routes for mine which I can see coming back to bite us in the post season.

An amazing stat I have seen and was higlighted again during the Raiders game was Broncs are something like +20 in first halves but +120 in 2nd halves!!! Once coach Peypey has a chance to work with the rest of the coaching staff (har har)at half time they just seem to dominate.

The defence, which has improved out of site, still gives up to many big plays I think but it has been great to see this season. I wonder what the long term plan is as Peyton won't be around for every.

Mate like him a whole lot more than TEBOW.... In saying that Peypey is still not back to the player he was (even though his stats are some of his best this season), you can see he doesn't have the same zing on his ball and he under throws to much on long routes for mine which I can see coming back to bite us in the post season.

An amazing stat I have seen and was higlighted again during the Raiders game was Broncs are something like +20 in first halves but +120 in 2nd halves!!! Once coach Peypey has a chance to work with the rest of the coaching staff (har har)at half time they just seem to dominate.

The defence, which has improved out of site, still gives up to many big plays I think but it has been great to see this season. I wonder what the long term plan is as Peyton won't be around for every.

Well you're right, Manning won't be around forever but the mentality is a little different over there . It's often about the 'Right now' and I tend to agree with this type of thinking (sometimes) . Teams that are continually building for the future often end up perpetually building . The reality is that the Broncos are a legitimate contender now and good on 'em . Elway knows what he wants and he's not mucking around .

If you can somehow snag that 2 seed and play your 1st playoff game in the 2nd week then you're a real show . Houston will probably get the 1 seed but they're not guaranteed a win straight off in the playoffs . Especially if they have to play New England . Huge home field advantage at Denver (as you well know) . Good solid win yesterday btw - that's 8 in a row .

I must admit the raiders secondary was pretty poor, thier D-line was impressive. They held the Broncos quite a few times within the 10.

I thought when they got the 1st and goal from the 1, they were a shoe in to score a TD.

Yup Raiders D-line was really good, they dominated the Broncs O-line. The number of red zone field goals for the Broncs was a credit to the Raiders in a sense. Gee wizz Carson Palmer..... peewwwiieee. Raiders receivers... double pppeeeewwwiieeee on the drops and wrong routes.

Vikes win and A.P had 100 rushing yards in the first quarter has to be close to MVP. When I need Seattle to lose they scrape over the line against the cards by 58 points! Cam newton reminded everyone he can play and the redskins find a way to win. The NFC wildcard race stays tight.

Vikes win and A.P had 100 rushing yards in the first quarter has to be close to MVP. When I need Seattle to lose they scrape over the line against the cards by 58 points! Cam newton reminded everyone he can play and the redskins find a way to win. The NFC wildcard race stays tight.

Yep , that NFC wild-card race is on for young and old . Big win for the Vikings 'cfh' - I was barracking for your blokes (this week anyway!!) Tampa losing will hurt them and you could nearly rule them out now . The Bears might be in trouble if Cutler misses a game or 2 (they reckon he'll play next week vs the Packers but it is a neck injury .... )

How bad are Arizona ? Seattle are a sneaky chance to win the NFC West but they'd need a couple of things to happen . That game vs San Francisco could decide things . The Rams aren't going away either .

Let's hope that RG3 comes up ok for next week - it's been such a great story so far . Dallas kept their hopes alive with a come from behind win and the Giants had a reasonably comfortable victory . The Eagles finally get a 'W' and with it , virtually ending the Bucs season .

Pittsburgh lose again and they're a serious chance of missing the playoffs . They visit Dallas next week then face a possible season definer at home vs the Bengals . The Colts just keep marching along - Luck is very good in the 'Big' moments . So many teams are a chance this year and tomorrow's game between Houston and New England should be a beauty . Denver will be interested onlookers .

In other stunning news - the Jets are a game back from a playoff spot - whooda thunk-it !! (though I think the Steelers win the tie-break over them) . The Jets last 3 games are - @ Tennessee , vs San Diego and @ Buffalo .

Edited by Macca

I think the bears will slip away they have too many injuries. I can't believe the jets are still in the hunt. That was luck's 6th game winning drive. It looks like foles is taking control in Philly. I wonder where Vick will be next year?

Quite a number on this thread had wins in week 14 - Giants, Jets, Rams, Eagles, Broncos, Vikings, Redskins, 49ers, Seahawks and my Packers (after a very slow start) all got up . KC let 'pantaloons' down but all up, that's not a bad return for us success starved Demons . Fairly sure we've got a Texans fan here as well . Looking forward to tomorrow's game - both teams have a lot to play for ...

Anyway, here is the playoff picture after today .

Edited by Macca

Seems the MVP debate is on in earnest at the moment . It might be out of Peyton and Peterson . Brady would have to be a big chance after today . He really is silk . Had a listen to a bit New England radio today and the consensus there is that Tom doesn't get enough of the individual plaudits . Of course they're a bit biased, but some good points were made . One point being that Belichick takes away some of the limelight and vice-versa . Think Peyton has won 4 MVP's whilst Brady has won twice .

The Adrian Peterson story is hard to top though . He could break the all time record for the most yards in a season . This, after coming back from a torn ACL . Eric Dickerson holds the record with 2,105 . AP currently has 1600 with 3 games to go .

Here are the passing stats and the RB and WR stats can be found here and here .

Edited by Macca

I am terribly biased when it comes to the MVP debate so keep that in mind. The Vikings don't have a dangerous QB or even a good one. Christian ponder is average at best. I'm not trying to slag him off but the point is every defense knows AP will be carrying the ball for 75% of plays but the defense still can't stop him. I think the knee injury adds to my case. To come back round 1 after a blown knee Christmas eve is astonishing. First Play last week against Chicago he runs for 52 yards and has 100 in the first quarter. I know it's obvious I love the guy. My bet is on peyton getting the nod though. They love their quarterbacks.

• Like 1

Since 2001, only two players who werent QBs have won the award (a bit like the brownlow is to midfielders I guess).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_Most_Valuable_Player_Award

Only 3 times since the awards inception 65 years ago has it been won by a player in position other than QB or RB!

I cant believe a placekicker won it in the 80s...

Its a fairly wide open field this year I think, as no one team (Falcons notwithstanding) has dominated the competition.

Tom Brady has come back into calculations of late, although he (along with Rogers) tends to always play at such a

high standard that you take their output for granted. Rogers had quite a few average weeks earlier this year so he

wouldnt be a factor this year. This award tends to become clearer once playoff orders are firmly established.

Some huuuge games this week:

Giants at Falcons

Broncos at Ravens (Ravens stumbling of late, sacking their offensive co-ordinator)

Packers at Bears

Jags at Dolphins (just kidding.....)

Vikings at Rams

Steelers at Cowboys

Niners at Pats (along with the GIants/Falcons clash the game of the round for mine)

Wooeee, I love this time of year heading into the playoffs...

• Like 1

OneHD are only showing 2 games (live) in week 15 due to their coverage of the swimming and golf . For those with cable, there are some excellent match-ups ...as DemonDave made mention, there's some great games on offer this week . Season definers abound!!

FRI, DEC 14

12.20 PM Cincinnati at Philadelphia ESPN

MON, DEC 17

5.00 AM Green Bay at Chicago Fox3

8.05 AM Detroit at Arizona OneHD

8.25 AM Pittsburgh at Dallas Fox3

12.20 PM San Francisco at New England ESPN & OneHD

TUE, DEC 18

12.30 PM NY Jets at Tennessee ESPN

For all other games you can go to this site

Edited by Macca

Bill Simmons column this week takes a lighthearted view on all the current NFL QB's using 'Movie' connections .

To read the full article you can visit this site ...

Movie: Friday Night Lights
Connection: "Just manage the game for me, please."

19a. Sam Bradford
19b. Alex Smith
21. Andy Dalton

Fairly deep QB crew this season, right? You wouldn't be despondent if any of these three guys were your QB … well, unless you kept one of them over Robert Griffin III. As for Lights, it remains a very good sports movie that was completely, totally and irrevocably overshadowed by the ensuing television show. They should rename it something else for cable purposes — call it something like Fourth and Long or Lone Star Football.

Movie: Fourth & God II: God Willing
Connection: "In progress … "

23. Tim Tebow
Only last year, Tim Tebow took over a 1-4 football team, led it to the NFL playoffs and threw an 80-yard touchdown pass in overtime to win a nationally televised playoff game. I'm not giving up on a Fourth & God sequel yet. You can't make me.

Edited by Macca

I am terribly biased when it comes to the MVP debate so keep that in mind. The Vikings don't have a dangerous QB or even a good one. Christian ponder is average at best. I'm not trying to slag him off but the point is every defense knows AP will be carrying the ball for 75% of plays but the defense still can't stop him. I think the knee injury adds to my case. To come back round 1 after a blown knee Christmas eve is astonishing. First Play last week against Chicago he runs for 52 yards and has 100 in the first quarter. I know it's obvious I love the guy. My bet is on peyton getting the nod though. They love their quarterbacks.

If AP doesn't win it now it would be a travesty (caveat if Brady doesn't explode over the last few games) as he is as you said carrying that team. Just an amazing effort to come back after such an injury to see what he is doing now.

Another 212 yards to AP and only 293 to go to break the record. He and the kicker Walsh won the game for the vikes today. A month ago I would have sworn Chicago would clinch the NFC north but the packers have it. Bloody Seattle smash the bills and they stay ahead in the wild card race. Cowboys aren't far off either with a good win in OT. What's up with the ravens? They fire their offensive coordinator this late in the year and now look lost on offence.

Packers win the division - beauty :) It's been a less than spectacular year for Green Bay but we've managed to win when needed and Rodgers has had another excellent season . Not a 'supreme' season but excellent all the same . A home playoff game awaits and we're an outside chance of the 2 seed (that last game at Minnesota will be tough) .

Big, consolidating wins to Atlanta, Houston, Seattle, Denver and the 49ers (though San Francisco got a bit of a scare for a while there). Seattle are in hot form and next weeks game vs the 49ers should be a cracker (SNF)

Huge, important wins to Minnesota , Washington and Dallas . All 3 teams have to keep winning and of course Dallas play at Washington in the final week of the season . The Vikings have 2 tough games but who could discount them when 'MVP' AP is playing so well - he is seriously good .

And now for the casualties of week 15 . The Giants, Ravens, Patriots, Colts, Steelers and the Bears all lose . Only the Pats and Baltimore have clinched playoff spots . Indi should win next week to sew up a spot . New England drop to the 3 seed and it's hard to see them wrenching the 2 seed back off Denver (who should win their final 2 games) . The Giants could end up missing altogether - they are at Baltimore next week . The Bears should beat Arizona next week but then are at Detroit in the final week . The Rams bowed out today but they've had a much improved season .

Anyway, confused ? I sure am ^_^ It's gonna be a frantic end to the season with 10 teams vying for 5 spots (roughly) . Trying to figure out the end of season positions of the playoff teams is a bit like figuring out 3 dimensional chess - impossible !

Here is the playoff picture and for a sneak peak at next weeks games you can visit this site

Edited by Macca

What a game at new England. That was fun to watch. Mason Crosby has to be a worry for you macca. 8 games straight with a missed field goal. Poor bloke I feel for him. Through all the NFC wildcard confusion I need the redskins to win the division because the vikes have a better divisional record then the giants. So many 8-6 teams it gives me a headache figuring it out.

What a game at new England. That was fun to watch. Mason Crosby has to be a worry for you macca. 8 games straight with a missed field goal. Poor bloke I feel for him. Through all the NFC wildcard confusion I need the redskins to win the division because the vikes have a better divisional record then the giants. So many 8-6 teams it gives me a headache figuring it out.