NFL

Dappa Dan

On 07/01/2016 at 7:50 AM, cowboy_from_hell said:

Lovie Smith from the bucs is now fired. This is getting silly. They went 6-10 with a rookie QB. Lovie can coach. His bears team was pretty darn good. Hope all nfl coaches are smart with their money. 

Could never ever hire a good offensive coach and his defense was outdated and wasn't ever good at Tampa, who had some good defensive pieces before he came. Their improvement this year was from Winston and the OC who they will likely promote to HC. Messy circumstances but a good move. 

Head coaches get guaranteed money so I think Lovie is looking at over 10 mil in pay outs. It's the lower assistants who have trouble finding new jobs. 

Anyway, been off this thread out of disgust in the Pats losing to freaking Miami and costing me the tipping comp. I know they weren't all that fussed about winning but they coughed up the 1 seed by running the ball non stop and didn't protect Brady either. Yuck.

I've been driven back to this thread by the mindless Bungals. 

The fumble is bad but I can see why he was fighting for the 1st down and these things happen. But the Burfict reaction to the INT told you he was losing his focus and he lost complete control. He should get a 4 week suspension from the League and the Bengals should consider firing him and making a statement that they don't stand for stupidity any more. They might fire Marvin Lewis which could be a shame. 2 of his former coordinators are coaching tomorrow. 

Don't know what Pac Man did, they didn't show it, but he should know better as well. He's been well behaved for a few years now. Arggh. What a waste of a year to go out like that.

On 08/01/2016 at 2:02 PM, Gorgoroth said:

Yup it's stupid.

NFL needs to have more to do with who plays where and the stadiums etc as part of the ownership of a team.

The AFL can dictate those kind of things as they get all the money and can therefore negotiate with the governments and stadiums.

The NFL is controlled by the teams owners who each get a vote on major decisions like that. It's not independent from the teams like the AFL.

Teams need a 2/3rds vote to move so the collective group of owners as 'the NFL' do get to decide on who plays where if a team wants to move. But also these almost all rich people who don't like giving away money so I understand why owners want to move if they can't get a good stadium deal that helps them get richer. 

California does make it very hard with pubic money which is a good thing, then again an NFL team would return some decent cash to a local area. So it's a shame Oakland and San Diego can't work something out. Those teams belong in those cities.

St Louis seems like an even bigger stuff up having to rebuild the stadium so soon and with the owner so keen on developing his own stadium in LA. I'd probably vote yes to the Rams moving if I were a fellow owner just because I don't want to see the city of St Louis ripped off paying so much for a stadium.

'cfh' must be absolutely livid ... a missed chip shot of all things. Hard luck mate.

As for the Packers, Washington's secondary might just have played Green Bay back into form ... I wasn't at all confident especially after being down 11-0 (which could easily have been 16-0) Once we got our game going it was always going to be difficult for Washington.

Hoping that Arizona come out rusty next week because I believe that's what it's going to take for the Packers to have a chance ... and there always seems to be at least of the the top seeds that does come out rusty. The Packers themselves did it the season after the SB.

Anyway, here's the line-up of games for next week ... AEDT

Sunday 8.35am Kansas City @ New England

Sunday 12.15pm Green Bay @ Arizona

Monday 5.05am Seattle @ Carolina

Monday 8.40am Pittsburgh @ Denver

Leaderboard in the tipping comp (post season)

4 - JV7, Macca

3 - cowboy_from_hell

1 - Georgiou R.R. Martin, Gorgoroth

0 - The usual suspects

Edited by Macca

Pittsburgh, Seattle and Green Bay are probably three of the top four or five teams I cannot stand.

All could have lost, two should have lost. All infuriatingly won.

Poor Blair Walsh. He could kick 12309 field goals next year but he'll only ever be remembered for that miss. Heartbreaking (mind you, they never should have needed to come from behind. Letting Wilson turn a botched snap into a long gain for a TD and then AP dropping the ball on the next offensive drive was where they lost it).

• Like 1

So a day after I'm still shocked but being a Melbourne supporter has given me thick skin. Up 9-0 so late in the game you shouldn't lose. Wilson is so hard to contain and after he somehow was able to move the chains in the last quarter I was worried at 7-9. The AP fumble was huge giving a 10-9 score. 2 minutes and starting deep in our own territory I wasn't confident. Teddy came up big and a penalty helped. Then a 24.688 metre (Yes I measured it) FG was missed. I fell to the floor. I don't hate Walsh he had scored all our points. Cheers for the support guys I'm moving on. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cowboy_from_hell said:

So a day after I'm still shocked but being a Melbourne supporter has given me thick skin. Up 9-0 so late in the game you shouldn't lose. Wilson is so hard to contain and after he somehow was able to move the chains in the last quarter I was worried at 7-9. The AP fumble was huge giving a 10-9 score. 2 minutes and starting deep in our own territory I wasn't confident. Teddy came up big and a penalty helped. Then a 24.688 metre (Yes I measured it) FG was missed. I fell to the floor. I don't hate Walsh he had scored all our points. Cheers for the support guys I'm moving on. 

You've taken it better than I would CFH.. A regular season game and I'd want Walsh's head let alone a playoff game.. But yes your right were been through a lot as Melbourne supporters so we're somewhat numb to it all 

• Like 2

I watched the 30 for 30 doco a few weeks back on the bills 4 Super Bowl losses in a row. Their kicker missed a game winner and 20 odd years later he still breaks down when talking about it. If hogan kicks all our goals but miss the last is it all his fault? AP's fumble was the the start of the downfall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cowboy_from_hell said:

I watched the 30 for 30 doco a few weeks back on the bills 4 Super Bowl losses in a row. Their kicker missed a game winner and 20 odd years later he still breaks down when talking about it. If hogan kicks all our goals but miss the last is it all his fault? AP's fumble was the the start of the downfall.

Man, watching the superbowls in the late 80's early 90's was amazing. I really felt for the bills and the Broncos for years.

i don't blame the kicker for the vikes losing, AP dropping the ball was horrible, but that snap and then big play Wilson pulled off was very poor D.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

Unhappy.

Yeah, if Green Bay ever had to move states it wouldn't make any sort of sense to me at all. I'd probably still support them but it may or may not feel the same ... In your case the Rams have moved a few times but you may have only known them as a St Louis team.

I've known and still know plenty of Fitzroy fans who are now full-on Brisbane fans ... I don't know many who didn't make the switch. Strangely enough, it's the older ones (at the time) who stuck and that may be because they understood the practicalities.

I'm assuming everything else stays (logo, mascot, colours etc)

I started following them in the late 80's so a LA Rams fan first. My old hat is now relevant again!

but I liked being St Louis. Now without the raiders in LA we might get the crowd who like following LA sides cos it's LA, especially if we win some games. 

• Like 1

The vikes were my first American team I followed so after the 90's era of nba where I just liked every superstar I got on the wolves as well. I wouldn't be happy if my team moved especially to a big market like LA. I like the smaller market teams usually because there are a lot of band wagon fans here in Oz. If I see a bloke with a Titans jeresey or a Washington wizards jeresey you know they are real fans. Might just be the Melbourne in me that always hates/envies the bigger clubs.

Edited by cowboy_from_hell
  • Like 1

Sorry gorgoroth I didn't mean to add sprinkles to the [censored] news bout the Rams I won't be hating on them. I should've explained its more on the Lakers and Yankees. Does this make a St.louis Jersey a collectors item now? $$$

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JV7 said:

Just watched the 30 for 30 doco on the bills aswell... Good doco! 

Well Atlanta plays the Rams away next year, might have to make the trip to LA! Makes it a bit easier at least

Watched that Bills doco as well ... I've certainly changed my perspective on them because of what the doco contained.

To sum up they were just an excellent team who just couldn't get over the final hurdle ... not chokers either. To keep coming back 4 years in a row actually takes great character ... and Kelly was a very good QB.

I suppose their fans feel it though ... however, they've got nothing to be ashamed about in my opinion. Here's the doco again for those who haven't seen it ...

Four Falls of Buffalo

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, cowboy_from_hell said:

Sorry gorgoroth I didn't mean to add sprinkles to the [censored] news bout the Rams I won't be hating on them. I should've explained its more on the Lakers and Yankees. Does this make a St.louis Jersey a collectors item now? $$$

Nah mate, I agree with your other post, and I agree with this.

my wife got me a hoodie for my birthday last Monday and its obsolete before I even got a chance to wear it!

im not looking forward to having jump on the band wagon cos we are in LA.

A mate of mine said I should relocate my loyalty to Cleveland cos no one will jump on their bandwagon nor will they ever get good.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Macca said:

Watched that Bills doco as well ... I've certainly changed my perspective on them because of what the doco contained.

To sum up they were just an excellent team who just couldn't get over the final hurdle ... not chokers either. To keep coming back 4 years in a row actually takes great character ... and Kelly was a very good QB.

I suppose their fans feel it though ... however, they've got nothing to be ashamed about in my opinion. Here's the doco again for those who haven't seen it ...

Four Falls of Buffalo

I've never wanted to punch someone through the screen more than that Bills Defensive Line coach who called out the Hogs. What an idiot.

The only thing as remarkable as the Bills making 4 superbowls these days would be them losing all 4 of them to current day NFC East teams.