Who do you want at MFC next year ?

GIRO

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Needs:

Number 1= more quality midfielders. We lose the midfield almost every week, as evidenced by the fact we concede lots of inside 50s, and enter our forward 50 amongst the lowest in the league.

day light...

Some other needs...

- Strong marking big forward

- Another genuine crumber with pace

- Another quality half back rebounder/runner

- 2nd ruckman

I would prefer to rely on our own internal talent + this years drafting to fill these needs. For example, in the midfield, i'd prefer to develop Scully, Trengove, Gysberts, Tapscott, Blease and Grimes, rather than giving up a heap in order to get Travis Boak.

Unless it was a really good get, I probably wouldn't trade at all. Would be interested in a decent 2nd ruckman if available via trade.

A big /strong forward who is 24 years old or younger. Ben McKinley sort.

Yeah sort of like McKinley, but someone who can kick the balls and win some hard ones around the ground. The guy is an A grade dud.

If I hear McKinley's name brought up again in trade rumors or discussion I reckon I'll headbutt the ranch slider

Yeah sort of like McKinley, but someone who can kick the balls and win some hard ones around the ground. The guy is an A grade dud.

If I hear McKinley's name brought up again in trade rumors or discussion I reckon I'll headbutt the ranch slider

clearly dont watch west coast games!

clearly dont watch west coast games!

I watch every game mate. Even went to Perth last year to watch us play them

he's kicked 16 goals 15 in 10 games this year. averaged 10 disposals, dropped after the collingwood game. We have 10 guys who could play in the forward half better than him already

His kicking style is terrible. He kicks with a very high ball toss and his arm to foot movement is too quick, therefore spraying it to all and sundry, even in the warm-up to games. NO THANKS

A cure for cancer?

I would say the midfield is fine. No need to recruit madly every small, young player in the land. Just do the usual thing. Take the best available, and include 2 or so mids in your draftings, plus maybe another in your rookie draftings.

The KP forward to play deep is the thing. I reckon they should seriously consider nicking a good marking forward in a side that lacks a decent midfield. They'd be getting a player that gets a hard time for not kicking goals, when it's their supply that's the issue.

I wouldn't say Schulz... because that would be laughable... but a different youngster that's perhaps out of favour that has upside, who can emulate Schulz's momentum. Oh, and a must is a straight kick. No point in recruiting the next Fev if he can't kick straight.

After that, another running defender. I was surprised when I had a close look and saw we're actually lacking in this area somehow. Even though we seem to recruit so many.

Everything we need is on the list we just need to be patient.

If there was 1 thing I would ask for its a better back up option for Jamar. A more mobile ruck option that can provide a threat up forward. PJ has been ok and he tries his guts out but he is terrible overhead and doesn't provide a marking option inside 50.

Hale has struggled this year but if he gets back to his best he is a handful close to goal. I'd certainly entertain going after him.

Alternatively I'd be happy if we could clone Jamar.

Needs:

Number 1= more quality midfielders. We lose the midfield almost every week, as evidenced by the fact we concede lots of inside 50s, and enter our forward 50 amongst the lowest in the league.

day light...

Some other needs...

- Strong marking big forward

- Another genuine crumber with pace

- Another quality half back rebounder/runner

- 2nd ruckman

I would prefer to rely on our own internal talent + this years drafting to fill these needs. For example, in the midfield, i'd prefer to develop Scully, Trengove, Gysberts, Tapscott, Blease and Grimes, rather than giving up a heap in order to get Travis Boak.

Unless it was a really good get, I probably wouldn't trade at all. Would be interested in a decent 2nd ruckman if available via trade.

just fixed your own problem...the pieces are in place, will just take a little time for us to see the benfits

a decent ruck to help out Jamar, Forward, Mids, & backs look fine to me. MFC really need a decent back up ruck that can either sit in defence or up forward when helping Jamar.

MFC have exceeded my expectations this year, they have had a few off games but all in all, we all should be expecting MFC to make finals 2011 & 2012 at least a top 6 spot.

Edited by Sturmmann

I watch every game mate. Even went to Perth last year to watch us play them

he's kicked 16 goals 15 in 10 games this year. averaged 10 disposals, dropped after the collingwood game. We have 10 guys who could play in the forward half better than him already

His kicking style is terrible. He kicks with a very high ball toss and his arm to foot movement is too quick, therefore spraying it to all and sundry, even in the warm-up to games. NO THANKS

Agree 100% with you mate! Absolute dud of the highest order. Would be playing VFL for us if he came our way. Maybe it is Bailey's Babies who doesnt watch west coast games. Or he has confused McKinley for Lecras!

Guest hangon007

12 wins on the board.

I would prefer if we trade & draft exclusively for needs in this draft & trade period. Sorry no "best available" for me.

Ben McKinley- career stats after 3 seasons

kick marks handballs disposals goals

7.1 4.1 3.3 10.5 1.9

and this is after an average season this year, playing behind kennedy and le cras- pretty tough to do well- change of environment would be good. he kicked 42 in 08 as a 19/20 year old

Paul Johnson- much older, after 7 seasons

kick marks handballs disposals goals

6.0 3.3 4.8 10.8 0.3

With the way the game is being played- you dont need a big 2nd ruckman. Sylvia/Dunn have shown they are adequate in this role. PJ is nothing flash at all. Would rather see Spencer, Gawn and Fitzpatrick given opportunities. And Mckinley is exactly the athletic big forward we could get cheaply

Don't see why you are comparing Mckinley with Johnson. However that's beside the point.

McKinley is 184cm tall. Not tall enough to play tall, not small or quick enough for small.

Schulz is 193cm tall as an example.

Edited by ucanchoose