• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

UFC

Summer Blease

Julian lane on this weeks episode of tuf loses his marbles, it's hilarious.

And Chaney bit Manley while he was being choked out.

Anyone have much interest in gsp and condit? I can't see condit losing, just gone from strength to strength, a real tacticians fight!

yeah pretty pumped for the gsp/ Condit fight. i really like Condit and he's done really well against some quality opponents, but gsp is on another level. should be a great fight and i'll tip gsp to win in his usual wrestling way, so get on Condit.

This season of the ultimate fighter is hilarious. Never laughed so much at one moron. He cries more than he throws punches.

Mitch Clark being a big UFC fan, could he get any more awesome? Tito is still a [censored].

Cung Ke vs Franklin anyone? What a knockout! I won 200 on that card. Wasn't a bad card, wasn't great, but kept me interested.

I'm on Condit. He has quick knees, could catch GSP going for the takedown. But yeah definitely a tactical fight.

I'm meeting the Axe Murderer on Sunday, good times!

This season of the ultimate fighter is hilarious. Never laughed so much at one moron. He cries more than he throws punches.

Mitch Clark being a big UFC fan, could he get any more awesome? Tito is still a [censored].

Cung Ke vs Franklin anyone? What a knockout! I won 200 on that card. Wasn't a bad card, wasn't great, but kept me interested.

I'm on Condit. He has quick knees, could catch GSP going for the takedown. But yeah definitely a tactical fight.

I'm meeting the Axe Murderer on Sunday, good times!

"I just want to bannnnng" cue tears, absolutely hilarious. What are your thoughts on Roy Nelson as coach, I think he has made some really solid fighters but not outstanding into winners, but he seems disinterested, so I'm in two minds on him.

And very underwhelmed by the fighters on the smashes, not much talent compared to other seasons of the show!

Yes good ko, but really bit sad for franklin to go down like that, basically looks like his career will be done! Thiago silva is an intimidating dude, has a bit of Nathan Carroll about him haha.

Yes, hopefully Tom lawlor can provide some entertainment as well!

It's just hard to see how condit would lose, but then again it's GSP so anything can happen.

"I just want to bannnnng" cue tears, absolutely hilarious. What are your thoughts on Roy Nelson as coach, I think he has made some really solid fighters but not outstanding into winners, but he seems disinterested, so I'm in two minds on him.

And very underwhelmed by the fighters on the smashes, not much talent compared to other seasons of the show!

Yes good ko, but really bit sad for franklin to go down like that, basically looks like his career will be done! Thiago silva is an intimidating dude, has a bit of Nathan Carroll about him haha.

Yes, hopefully Tom lawlor can provide some entertainment as well!

It's just hard to see how condit would lose, but then again it's GSP so anything can happen.

Roy Nelson... that fat tub of talent... I absolutely hated him on season 10 of TUF, could not stand him at all. Then somewhere along the line I started liking him. Not sure when or why, but he appealed to me over time and I love his fights, except for when Werdum schooled him.

Where was I going with this?... Oh, I don't mind his coaching actually, at least he's hands on and is actually coaching, Carwin isn't doing [censored], just leaving it up to everyone else.

Roy says some of the dumbest things I've ever heard, but now and then he'll come up with something brilliant.

I'm a week behind on the Smashes, one of the poorer seasons entertainment and fight wise. But I wasn't expecting much. I felt for that Manny bloke though! What an effort.

I wanted Thiago to keep going with the leg kicks, Nedkov looked like he was about to quit at one point. Brutal kicks.

yeah pretty pumped for the gsp/ Condit fight. i really like Condit and he's done really well against some quality opponents, but gsp is on another level. should be a great fight and i'll tip gsp to win in his usual wrestling way, so get on Condit.

I am really hyped, I can't wait for it, I hope it's 5 rounds of standing and trading, would be fun, but I think it will be a quick fight, I think condit will get a good early shot in on gsp, I don't know though, but I'm on the condit bandwagon.

Roy Nelson... that fat tub of talent... I absolutely hated him on season 10 of TUF, could not stand him at all. Then somewhere along the line I started liking him. Not sure when or why, but he appealed to me over time and I love his fights, except for when Werdum schooled him.

Where was I going with this?... Oh, I don't mind his coaching actually, at least he's hands on and is actually coaching, Carwin isn't doing [censored], just leaving it up to everyone else.

Roy says some of the dumbest things I've ever heard, but now and then he'll come up with something brilliant.

I'm a week behind on the Smashes, one of the poorer seasons entertainment and fight wise. But I wasn't expecting much. I felt for that Manny bloke though! What an effort.

I wanted Thiago to keep going with the leg kicks, Nedkov looked like he was about to quit at one point. Brutal kicks.

Oh he is definitely one of the stupidest people I have seen, but he is a very very smart fighter! I very much like his logic of winning the fight rather than going out and putting on a show but not winning! Although it has made it quite boring, and the judging during the fights has been horrendous! Who's your tip for their final, Nelson or carwin?

Manny absolute warrior, felt really bad for the bloke, considering the effort he put in! George is not a bad coach, but I don't fancy him against Ross Pearson.

I often wonder why in lots of fights they do stop the leg kicks, when they could almost push for a stoppage on it!

How the hell did you manage that?

My mate is training with him at his upcoming seminar, in Dandenong. Was meant to be in August, but Wandy's dad passed away in a car accident so it was postponed. My mate surprised me with a ticket, bless his heart.

Should be interesting, I love Wanderlei.

Who's your tip for their final, Nelson or carwin?

I can't pick it. They both hit like a truck yet they both took an absolute hammering from JDS and didn't get KO'd. Logically it'd be Carwin by decision. But who knows, anything can happen of course, I'll be going for Big Cunch.

My mate is training with him at his upcoming seminar, in Dandenong. Was meant to be in August, but Wandy's dad passed away in a car accident so it was postponed. My mate surprised me with a ticket, bless his heart.

Should be interesting, I love Wanderlei.

very jealous, one of my all time favs. you sure you need that ticket? ;)

very jealous, one of my all time favs. you sure you need that ticket? ;)

Positive mate!

I would've given you guys the heads up but I didn't even find out about it until long after it sold out.

I think AFC4 went on sale this week. Soa The Hulk vs Sean McCorkle. It's no chillin' with Wanderlei, but it's somethin'.

Positive mate!

I would've given you guys the heads up but I didn't even find out about it until long after it sold out.

I think AFC4 went on sale this week. Soa The Hulk vs Sean McCorkle. It's no chillin' with Wanderlei, but it's somethin'.

That's sick so you actually get to meet him? Ask him why he got that tattoo on the back of his noggin haha

I've never been to a live event that would be really cool! I'm going to try get a few mates keen to go now!

Smashes tonight was poor as usual, although best fight of the season haha!

Carwin pulled out of tuf 16 coaches fight due to a knee injury, who will Dana put up against old country?

Edited by Mad_Melbourne

Carwin pulled out of tuf 16 coaches fight due to a knee injury, who will Dana put up against old country?

And Maynard isn't fighting Lauzon. Getting sick of this, and a little suspicious, maybe they're pissing hot too close to fight time?

Really wanted to see Carwin and Nelson...

Yeah I meet him and get a photo taken and stuff, not really my thing usually but should be cool.

Haha not sure I'm game to ask about the tattoo! There's a cool interview he did with Mike Schiavello where he drew a tattoo on the back of Mike's head. Might shave up and get him to draw me one.

And Maynard isn't fighting Lauzon. Getting sick of this, and a little suspicious, maybe they're pissing hot too close to fight time?

Really wanted to see Carwin and Nelson...

Yeah I meet him and get a photo taken and stuff, not really my thing usually but should be cool.

Haha not sure I'm game to ask about the tattoo! There's a cool interview he did with Mike Schiavello where he drew a tattoo on the back of Mike's head. Might shave up and get him to draw me one.

Yeh quite possibly, Carwin is injury prone though! I like the tuf set up, I think it builds a fight really well, so it's annoying that the build up is ruined!

That's cool, I'm going to hunt that interview down now, I'm excited for condit v gsp now it's closer

That is awesome, just ask for a round of sparring haha

Anthony Perosh out of the Sotiropoulos v Pierson card with an injured toe, what a wuss.

I'm joking, have a look at his friggin' toe! How the hell do you do that at training?? Not for the squeamish, scroll down for the uncensored and slightly comical photos. http://www.cagepotato.com/anthony-perosh-gets-big-toe-damn-near-ripped-off-will-miss-ufc-on-fx-6-fight-with-joey-beltran-gross/

So will Hendriks now get dudded so Dana can jizz over this super fight? I'd rather see GSP v Hendricks and Silva v Bisping (lol, come on, you know you wanna see that).

Pablo Garza was the only fight I got right in my multibet, but I knew Kampman was a long shot.

Credit to GSP for winning after being kicked in the head, lots of blood, but I still feel 'meh' after another GSP 5 rounder.

Looking forward to JDS v Velasquez and Nate v Henderson. They should be good fights.

Wanderlei was a great bloke! He jokingly had a go at me for being late (thanks GSP/Carlos), I jokingly s**t myself.

So will Hendriks now get dudded so Dana can jizz over this super fight? I'd rather see GSP v Hendricks and Silva v Bisping (lol, come on, you know you wanna see that).

Pablo Garza was the only fight I got right in my multibet, but I knew Kampman was a long shot.

Credit to GSP for winning after being kicked in the head, lots of blood, but I still feel 'meh' after another GSP 5 rounder.

Looking forward to JDS v Velasquez and Nate v Henderson. They should be good fights.

Wanderlei was a great bloke! He jokingly had a go at me for being late (thanks GSP/Carlos), I jokingly s**t myself.

haha......good stuff mate, that would have been a buzz.

Super Bowl weekend is the date for the vegas trip for ufc 156...........

the card so far is Edgar vs Aldo, Evans vs Nogueira, big foot Silva vs Overeem, Fitch vs Maia. i was pretty [censored] about missing out on the Silva vs Sonnen fight but this is shaping as a pretty red hot card.

anyone thinking about it, i'm booking next week!

Super Bowl weekend is the date for the vegas trip for ufc 156...........

the card so far is Edgar vs Aldo, Evans vs Nogueira, big foot Silva vs Overeem, Fitch vs Maia. i was pretty [censored] about missing out on the Silva vs Sonnen fight but this is shaping as a pretty red hot card.

anyone thinking about it, i'm booking next week!

That's a sweet card so far. Cannot wait to see Edgar v Aldo. Evans v Lil' Nog is a bit weird.

Should be an awesome trip man, hope they put on some fireworks for you and Fitch doesn't lay on Maia for 15! (although he'd probably get submitted eventually!)

• 2 weeks later...

UFC on Fox 5 was just a bunch of sick fights!

The undoubted lowlight was watching BJ get slaughted by that arrogant freak (who will rule the ww division, easily). Hang 'em up BJ, nothing left to prove, I can't watch something like that again!

Gustafssen is ready for Jones, but the Mauler said he'll take another fight rather than wait, that's how it should be. Love this kid.

Dennis Siver looked fantastic. Would be a very tough challenge for Aldo the way he's going.

I was actually going for Nate Diaz, has more class than his brother. But not even close.

Not sure who can beat Henderson now that Edgar has dropped down.

Some great highlights, Yves Edwards, Cruikshank, Matt Bown... The Jorganson / Albert scrambles... Very entertaining card.

Bring on the heavyweights.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

155 was pretty average card with an excellent main event. i have always though Cain Velasquez was too good a fighter to not get the title back at some stage, what i didn't realise was just how tough Dos Santos is. Velasquez looked for all money like he would end this fight early and he hit Dos Santos with some wicked shots, but just when you thought Dos Santos was finished, he just refused to go down. not only that, but he was also able to regain his composure and land a few big shots of his own later in the fight. full credit to Velasquez though, it was dominant performance, but i can't wait to see the next chapter from these two as there is not much between them.

we have also had the final of the smashes and the Sots vs Pearson fight late last year

really liked the Hector Lombard vs Palhares fight, and also Robert Whittaker vs Brad Scott. Very impressed with Whittaker, and hopefully he can make a real impact in the UFC. The other final between the two poms Fletcher and Parke was an absolute snoozefest.

a while ago D.A you mentioned the words "Sots" and "glass jaw"...........if there was any doubt, i think it can now be put to bed. i actually thought he put a pretty good fight after getting rocked early, and looked well on top in the second round. his problem though, is that anytime he gets hit with anything reasonable, he goes down. inevitably he got hit again, went down, and she was all over from there. not sure where to from here for Sots..........enormous ability, much better on his feet with improved striking, but what happens if he gets hit?

i'm off to the states in a week or so to see 156 which looks like a cracking card, and it will be interesting to see the difference between UFC Vegas and UFC Sydney. for a start i think we will probably be the only ones to attend the prelims!

i'll return with report......

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from Vegas after 156, which was a bit of a mixed card.

first of all, the Mandalay Bay stadium only holds about 9,000 people so it was much smaller than Acer Arena, and as i expected the fans leave it very late to show up. Also, after the Edgar vs Aldo fight, about a quarter of the fans started leaving before they learned the result.......wtf? the night we got to Vegas we sat down for dinner with Anthony Pettis at the table right next to us, and Rashad Evans walking past with his crew having just come from a training session......not something we're used to seeing.

the card itself;

i got a real buzz out of seeing Yves Edwards even though he lost an average fight to a questionable decision.

All the prelim fights were very entertaining, Tibau vs Dunham, Woodley smashing Hieron and a good match-up between Benavidez and McCall. when the main card started between John Fitch and Damien Maia, i wondered if the first fight would be a classic battle between two guys with great ground games, or a boring mess. it turned out to be the later.

Overeem vs Silva.......wow. Not sure if it was just because i was present, but that looked like one of the more brutal KO's i have ever seen, and i never would have guessed it would be Overeem on the end of it.

the most disappointing fight of the night (yes....including Maia and Fitch) was Nogueira Vs Evans for me. How Rashad Evans can train for months and put in such a weak and timid effort is beyond me.

Aldo Vs Edgar was again a heartbreaker for Frankie. you could probably mount a case for either fighter but in my opinion Aldo has been anything but convincing since moving from WEC to UFC, and Frankie Edgar has been very unlucky in his past few fights. i really hope Edgar has one more crack at him as i think a loss for Aldo may not be far away.

All in all i had an absolute blast in Vegas but i gotta say the atmosphere watching a card it Vegas was nowhere near as good as watching a card in Sydney, particularly the first one. Now if they would only start treating us like they do Canada........we would be getting a much better slice of the pie.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Thought I'd revive this old beast seeing as its been a while, and a lot has happened.

Cain Velasquez has has pretty much closed the heavyweight division. Shut up shop, it's all over.

Anderson, what were you doing? The Weidman fight was one if the most gripping and gut wrenching 10 minutes I'd ever seen in sport. Too much typing to go into it all, but I liken it to a serial killer wanting to get caught.

He'll smash Weidman in New Years.

Pettis is amazing to watch. Busting Henderson's arm propelled him to my top 5 favourite people in world history.

Vitor the destroyer. I'd sooner retire than want to fight him at the minute. Human highlight wrecking ball. Took him 15 years to discover he has legs and feet!

I thought Gustafsson beat Jones in what was a great fight.

Speaking of great fights, the Mexican standoff between Melendez and Sanchez was just as entertaining as a fight can get. Absolutely awesome.

The welterweight division. STACKED. So many talented and dangerous contenders.

Lombard, Lawlor, McDonald, Woodley to name a few...

And finally, the worst judging decision since Paqiou v Tim Bradley... Hendricks belted GSP. I actually gained a lot of respect for GSP for surviving that fight. But surviving a beating doesn't mean you won. Total joke of a decision and something needs to be done.

Rhonda Rousey is bat [censored] mental. In a bad way.

The upcoming card in Brisbane is choc full of great fights.