CASEY SCORPIONS v PORT MELBOURNE

w00dy

You only had to look at her to know that was his sister... Throw Jack in what she was wearing and you couldn't tell them apart! Not sure that's a good thing though...

[censored]. I think we must have been looking at 2 different people, because the girl I saw was pretty stunning. :wub:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Valenti is Valenti, fantastic VFL footballer...

I have to disagree to an extent.

He is a very hard working footballer, and a good in under player. The problem with VFL is that is is so scrappy.

Valenti would enjoy the freedom of some space at AFL level. I think he is worth persisting with. If not only (as another poster said) to relive some of our mids.

I drove in via Berwick-Cranbourne Rd, and home via South Gippsland Hwy... Between the two routes, before I got back on the freeway I saw 4 Red Roosters... Astounding

Mate, bypass Cranbourne - Stay on the Monash, do not take the South Gippsland Freeway exit. Stay on the Monash for a fair while until you come to the exit for C407, labelled Berwick Cranbourne exit, it is the one after you go under the Princes Highway. Trun right and take that until you come to a roundabout with a sign saying Cranbourne is to the right. If you look to your right you will see the spindly light towers of Casey Fields, a K or so up that road.

I caught both games, and am grateful that the normal sou'wester was absent; it was still pretty cold.

The reserves were never really in the game and got towelled up by 40 points or so.

Wheelan was going half rat power, but still doing ok. I would think that he came into the game with an injury and did not appear after half time. I love Wheels; very sad.

Healey did ok despite the heavy strapping on his knee. Not disgraced by any measure.

Watts looked a bit at sea early, but worked into the game. Played mostly deep forward, but came out to CHF for periods and up as far as the wing on occassions. Kicked a couple, gave a couple off. Good performance for the first game with a new team; he would have met at least half of them for the first time. No problems here, the kid will be a beaut.

Hughes ws the best forward on the ground, should progress to seniors next week. He provided the highlight of the match with a huge speccy.

The seniors was a scrappy game, Casey kept coming back, but could never get the lead and went down by 4 points. If you look at the scores you might think it was a real wet and windy night at Casey, but that wasn't the case. The lights aren't top-notch and there was, strangely, no wind. Casey missed a few shots they should have got and will rue a couple of short passes deep in defence that resulted in interceptions and Port goals.

Valenti was BOG for mine. The game suited him and he lapped it up. He would not be disgraced at AFL level; he would at least have a go.

Grimes was excellent. Very classy; neat and clean. Played accross half-back for thr most part, but snuck forward for a nice mark and goal. This was the first time I had seen him play live, and I see what all the fuss is about. The trick is going to be - can he back up next week, and the next ...

Jurrah; not really his night. The delivery into the forward line was atrocious, but he tried hard, very quick.

McKenzie did ok, hard runner and breaks the lines.

Roberston was the premier forward on the ground and played very well. Will be in the AFL sooner rather than later.

Spencer is coming along nicely. Did ok in the ruck and much better around the ground. Learning to play a kick behind the play; and that's the sort of thing that wins Brownlow medals.

Maric is ready for the step up to AFL; did you hear that Colin?

Zomer played deep in defence for the most part, took the ruck ocassionally. Not startling.

McNamara, I was really interested to see this kid; he is into his second year on the list and I had never seen him play until yesterday. He is a medium sized defender who shows a touch of class. He is yet to turn 19 and needs to fill out a bit more, but looks a chance.

Not sure who gave watts the 2 goal but he only kicked one...

I think with valenti a good vfl player might all he will be. gets a lot of it but doesn't have great kick, hands are just ok. Is not good over head... So not sure about him but we will see.

Grimes should come pretty much straight in.. Robbo as well...

I would like to see Jurrah get a run... he is more likely to enjoy the freedom of Afl....

Hughes' mark was massive and he also played a very good game... especially his bump in the last qtr

Went down and had a look at the Reserves....

Watts struggled to find the footy at all early, but not his fault, horrible supply.

You could see how frustrated he was, and in the second quarter started to push up the ground.

The 3rd is when Watts shined, he still didn't get the ball a heap but was gold everytime he did, he moves incredibly well for a big boy (has put on a ton of weight since last season).

He is composed, fast, skillful and a team player, really rated his 2nd half.

He ended the game with 20 possessions and 1 goal

Went down and had a look at the Reserves....

Watts struggled to find the footy at all early, but not his fault, horrible supply.

You could see how frustrated he was, and in the second quarter started to push up the ground.

The 3rd is when Watts shined, he still didn't get the ball a heap but was gold everytime he did, he moves incredibly well for a big boy (has put on a ton of weight since last season).

He is composed, fast, skillful and a team player, really rated his 2nd half.

He ended the game with 20 possessions and 1 goal

Do you think Casey Seniors for him this week D32?

Well I got it from the horses mouth at the aftermatch on Sunday that he'll be playing seniors this week. And might I say he was a mighty impressively spoken, polite and respectful young man.

[censored]. I think we must have been looking at 2 different people, because the girl I saw was pretty stunning. :wub:

If you saw Jack Watt's mother you'd understand why Jack's sisters are so good looking...she's a stunner herself

Thats exactly right DD. A winning culture is a winning culture, regardless of the level of skill.

I am not sure what the winning culture at Sandy (propped up by NQR MFC players) did for MFC overall whom I have felt had a questionable culture.

I did think that whilst watching today, it cant be good for players like Jetta, Cheney, Spencer etc etc who will be in week in and out the next, to be playing in sides where they are continually getting belted. Its no good for their development.

Agreed but that has more to do with MFC than the affiliate club. I think MFC is better focussed on young players than it was before.

Look at Collingwoods young players for example. Players like Beams are already and (and probably will be for years to come) miles ahead of the rest, because of the confidence they are receiving from winning games like that.

And that comes from the Club itself and the fact that they have their own VFL side. FWIW, Collingwood have had a terrific leadership group and have wonderful facilities and development program. I also think Malthoouse has coached them well when their recruiting has been less than impressive.

I'll buy three Demon Heartland memberships if he plays QB

I'll have three of his babies if he plays QB (mind you, if the kids get my genes get ready for mini Godfreys- slow plodders who lack skills but try really really hard :lol: ).

I'll have three of his babies if he plays QB (mind you, if the kids get my genes get ready for mini Godfreys- slow plodders who lack skills but try really really hard :lol: ).

You are on a roll today, Jaded. Very funny.

Id hope so, id like to see what he can do with some better delivery.... He often made good leads only for the ball to be kicked over his head...

I was sitting with some Port Melbourne seniors guys that I know and they all agreed that he moved very well and seemed alot stronger than they thought he would be with all the skinny talk.

Fine work Jaded. When is the mid year exams for year 12?

Fine work Jaded. When is the mid year exams for year 12?

They start the day after Queens Birthday. If Jack is doing any subjects that require a mid year then we probably won't see him VS the pies regardless of if he has already played for Melbourne. :(