QUEENSLAND DEMONS XMAS GET-TOGETHER

Demondeb

Hi all

For those not on the Qld Demons mail list ( and why not??) it has been decided to continue a new tradition and have a Xmas lunch for our supporters.

Last year was great although only a small group made it and this year we want to make it bigger. We have more than last year already but if you live in Qld and want to come along, please PM me for details.

It is in Ormeau which is halfway between Gold Coast and Brissie to be fair to all and it's a nice little pub called the Shearer's Arms. Good food and lots of it and we can discuss our year/ our draft picks etc etc and our hopes for a better 2009.

Hope to see you there.

Deb

Hi all

For those not on the Qld Demons mail list ( and why not??) it has been decided to continue a new tradition and have a Xmas lunch for our supporters.

Last year was great although only a small group made it and this year we want to make it bigger. We have more than last year already but if you live in Qld and want to come along, please PM me for details.

It is in Ormeau which is halfway between Gold Coast and Brissie to be fair to all and it's a nice little pub called the Shearer's Arms. Good food and lots of it and we can discuss our year/ our draft picks etc etc and our hopes for a better 2009.

Hope to see you there.

Deb

Hi Deb ... wishing you best of luck for your function. Have you ever considered having another function between Xmas and early in the New Year when there are lots of Victorians holidaying on the Gold Coast?

Could make for an interesting function and a fundraiser for your group.

Hi Deb ... wishing you best of luck for your function. Have you ever considered having another function between Xmas and early in the New Year when there are lots of Victorians holidaying on the Gold Coast?

Could make for an interesting function and a fundraiser for your group.

Thanks WJ, for the idea. Not sure I can do it this year but might just give it a whirl for next time.

For those that missed this post and would like to come - please feel free. No charge but everyone just buys their own lunch/drinks. Just need numbers so if you are in Qld or going to be visiting then, give me a PM and we would love o see you.

• 3 weeks later...

Just bumping this thread up for today's Queensland Demons function. Hope it's successful and I look forward to seeing a report in the near future.

Definitely going up there late December/early January and still happy to organise an informal get together to have a drink and discuss the Demons. After all, what else does one do in the middle of summer in a sunny climate?

Just bumping this thread up for today's Queensland Demons function. Hope it's successful and I look forward to seeing a report in the near future.

Definitely going up there late December/early January and still happy to organise an informal get together to have a drink and discuss the Demons. After all, what else does one do in the middle of summer in a sunny climate?

Thanks for the bump WJ - it should be a good day. We have almost doubled the number from last year so thats a good thing and we have one new girl coming along that noone - not even moi - has met yet.

As for your impending arrival - I am sure we can find an excuse for a drink so please let us know the dates and I will start organising something now.

Anyone reading this post who would like to meet WJ whilst he is up here, just PM me and I will keep you updated with the details.

deb, do u have to apply to be a member of qld demons if a member of mfc?

There is a small form to complete to become a member however no charge.

Advantages of membership ?

We get together occasionally to discuss our club and we sit together at Gabba and Carrara games and enjoy each other's company at the after match functions.

Deb will reply when she spots your post,

Cheers.

deb, do u have to apply to be a member of qld demons if a member of mfc?

Not as such but PM me your email and I will forward you a member ship form so we have your details on paper. Then I can send you a membership card and you will be a Qld Demon officially. MFC members are Qld Demons at no cost.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.