Anyone for cricket?

Whispering_Jack

Words fail me.

Our ineptitude on these barren tracks is beyond belief.

We look a completely different team, Smithy.

The saving grace is we're not going to revisit these type of wickets for quite a while.

We look a completely different team, Smithy.

The saving grace is we're not going to revisit these type of wickets for quite a while.

Understand that Macca and I also accept that the opposition are too good under these dust bowl conditions.

What I fail to understand is why we don't learn from these defeats, after all these guys are professionals and the best players in the land.

I'll exclude Maxwell from that comment as if he is a Test cricketer, my name is Billy Graham.

Words fail me.

Our ineptitude on these barren tracks is beyond belief.

Watch Maxwell and Jonstones shot selection.

Clear lack of coaching and ability to understand the game.

Unfortunately the skill in one department over rides the lack of application in others.

Understand that Macca and I also accept that the opposition are too good under these dust bowl conditions.

What I fail to understand is why we don't learn from these defeats, after all these guys are professionals and the best players in the land.

I'll exclude Maxwell from that comment as if he is a Test cricketer, my name is Billy Graham.

We've played poorly and the conditions whilst not in our favour, can't be the sole reason. A lack of concentration against good quality spinners stands out for a few of our blokes.

Credit to Pakistan - they've completely outplayed us. They've always been a capable opponent who often haven't performed up to expectations but in this series, they've been very very good - I like their leggie (Yasir Shar) ... he looks to have a bright future.

Misbah just hit the fastest 50 in the history of test cricket - 52 off 21 balls in 24 minutes.

Misbah just hit the fastest 50 in the history of test cricket - 52 off 21 balls in 24 minutes.

Who was bowling?

John Howard?

• Like 1

Now Misbah has equalled the record for the fastest hundred - he now shares the record with Viv Richards ... 100 off 56 balls.

It's all happening

Chasing 603 to win are the Aussies :mellow:

Fantastic to see Misbah's innings. I never thought we'd win this series but I don't think we should be taking too much out of it.

These conditions won't be faced very often. Although this is the case, we really, REALLY need to work on playing spin bowling. Steve Smith is the only player that looks relatively comfortable facing Babar, Shah and Hafeez.

Edited by Django

Fantastic to see Misbah's innings. I never thought we'd win this series but I don't think we should be taking too much out of it.

These conditions won't be faced very often. Although this is the case, we really, REALLY need to work on playing spin bowling. Steve Smith is the only player that looks relatively comfortable facing Babar, Shah and Hafeez.

My point exactly, we should be learning.

Once again look at the application from some of our so called top bats.

You cant be rated agood batsman unless you can somehow find a way to last more than an hour in these conditions.

Flat slow wicket.

I would really love to know if there a betting scam behind this tour.

This is more disgraceful than losing to NZ.

I would really love to know if there a betting scam behind this tour.

This is more disgraceful than losing to NZ.

Its only disgraceful losing to NZ because there are so many of the buggers over here stealing our dole to gloat.

Dont see many pakis walking around the streets of prahan gloating Biff.

Brendon Julian just gave it to Maxwell,,Clarke and others {coach}for thier lack of application and selection problems{again}

Beating a second rate and falling to pieces england has definitely covered the cracks that have been there for 6 years.

We are a joke.

Younis Khan scored 3 centuries in 3 innings, we finally get him out in the fourth (while trailing by 400 or something) and David Warner claps in his face when the LBW is given.

We bat Glenn Maxwell at 3 who shouldn't be batting in any side higher than 7 (get him out of the side, not a Test cricketer).

We lose 0-4 in India 18 months ago and in the intervening period we've learnt absolutely nothing. If there's no bounce in the pitch we can't bowl, neither pace nor spin. And in the same circumstances, where batting should be easy, we can't score at all because we don't know how to play spin.

It won't matter of course because we're about to reverse the roles and play India in Australia where it all goes in our favour instead. But we're still a joke.

• Like 1

Our bowling and fielding has been sub standard.

Credit to their spin bowlers who have been extraordinary.

As has been mentioned before, our batsmen don't seem to learn - not good enough.

We are a joke.

Younis Khan scored 3 centuries in 3 innings, we finally get him out in the fourth (while trailing by 400 or something) and David Warner claps in his face when the LBW is given.

We bat Glenn Maxwell at 3 who shouldn't be batting in any side higher than 7 (get him out of the side, not a Test cricketer).

We lose 0-4 in India 18 months ago and in the intervening period we've learnt absolutely nothing. If there's no bounce in the pitch we can't bowl, neither pace nor spin. And in the same circumstances, where batting should be easy, we can't score at all because we don't know how to play spin.

It won't matter of course because we're about to reverse the roles and play India in Australia where it all goes in our favour instead. But we're still a joke.

Got panned for saying similar things.

But those same cracks from 2/3/4 years ago are still there.

Selection and coaching wise,Dean Jones made some very good points about our coaching during this series.

The ability not to play a shot is clearly lacking and also not "even"tried by most.

This is appalling and is so noticeable within the team.

Johnson and Maxwell have played T20 shots and years ago good captains like Chappelli wouldve come out after play and said as much.

Our coach who got the pats on the back for "beating "england has had enough time to engender what constitutes fair and reasonable shot play among the team.

These tracks arent spinners wickets,They are just Flat tracks.

Nothing more nothing less.

Enjoy T20 paydays seems to be the call of the day.

... and this series was originally meant to be played over 3 tests ^_^ Comprehensively beaten and I'm not sure we can take anything out of the series other than Mitch Marsh showed a bit.

It's going to be interesting to see the make-up of the 11 for the first Test against India. Question marks surround the 2 seamers to support Johnson and ... the make up of the batting - who bats at no.3? Does Rogers stay as an opener? Marsh over Watson or maybe both play? I'd go with one of them only but we need to find a no.3. Not sure Doolan is the answer but he might be persevered with.

Anyway, you'll all be "pleased" to see that the t20 internationals are next - in 2 days time!!

Yep, that's right, we play South Africa on Wednesday night in the first of 3 x t20 games. Then it's 5 ODI's against the Proteas before India arrive for 4 Tests.

• Like 1

... and this series was originally meant to be played over 3 tests ^_^ Comprehensively beaten and I'm not sure we can take anything out of the series other than Mitch Marsh showed a bit.

It's going to be interesting to see the make-up of the 11 for the first Test against India. Question marks surround the 2 seamers to support Johnson and ... the make up of the batting - who bats at no.3? Does Rogers stay as an opener? Marsh over Watson or maybe both play? I'd go with one of them only but we need to find a no.3. Not sure Doolan is the answer but he might be persevered with.

Anyway, you'll all be "pleased" to see that the t20 internationals are next - in 2 days time!!

Yep, that's right, we play South Africa on Wednesday night in the first of 3 x t20 games. Then it's 5 ODI's against the Proteas before India arrive for 4 Tests.

Not pleased at all Macca, 20/20 is shite cricket and one of the reasons some of our guys have forgotten the basics.

We were comprehensively out played yet nothing went our way.

Fielding cost us dearly, still spewin' about Siddle dropping a sitter before Misbah had scored.

Not pleased at all Macca, 20/20 is shite cricket and one of the reasons some of our guys have forgotten the basics.

We were comprehensively out played yet nothing went our way.

Fielding cost us dearly, still spewin' about Siddle dropping a sitter before Misbah had scored.

I was being a little sarcastic, Smithy ... not sure there's too many t20 fans on this thread!

I'm just a little stunned that the national team is now going to play the shortest form of the game just 2 days after finishing a test match .. do Warner, Smith, Maxwell, Johnson and Marsh play in these games? ... ordinarily, they might be selected to play. Haddin too, if he was fit.

Edited by Macca

For mine Rogers stays. He and Warner at the top is working, and even in the UAE it worked to an extent.

Maxwell must go, not just from 3 but from the side. He is everything that is wrong with Australian Test cricket at the moment - doesn't have perseverance, no technique, gets selected based on limited overs form, thinks he's the bees knees without having any points on the board, and of course underperforms.

The Shield games to be played prior to the Brisbane Test might give us a stronger indication of who is in form but right now the spot should go to Hughes. I'm not convinced Doolan has what it takes. Watson's not a 3; ideally if he plays he bats at 6 to allow him to bowl.

I'm not sold on Marsh but he probably holds his spot for now. As for the bowlers, neither Starc nor Siddle impressed but Siddle at least kept a good line and length. I'd drop Starc for whoever's ready to replace him (Harris? Pattinson? Cummins?) but keep Siddle with Johnson. Remember, of course, that in Australia against India we'll thrive.

Once again look at the application from some of our so called top bats.

You cant be rated agood batsman unless you can somehow find a way to last more than an hour in these conditions.

Flat slow wicket.

I still sense the lack of something in the teams chemistry. the team that plays together stays together... this mob seem to get blown in the breeze away from home.

I've seen similar or less talented Aussie sides perform with real Aussie grit, even standing the barrage of the hostile WIndies 4 man pace attack bowling bodyline @ 150+klms an hour, one after the other.

this mob seem all lost in their heads. yet marsh & smith seem to have more rhythm & slow timing in the batting swing.... stroking the ball.

• Like 1

For mine Rogers stays. He and Warner at the top is working, and even in the UAE it worked to an extent.

Maxwell must go, not just from 3 but from the side. He is everything that is wrong with Australian Test cricket at the moment - doesn't have perseverance, no technique, gets selected based on limited overs form, thinks he's the bees knees without having any points on the board, and of course underperforms.

The Shield games to be played prior to the Brisbane Test might give us a stronger indication of who is in form but right now the spot should go to Hughes. I'm not convinced Doolan has what it takes. Watson's not a 3; ideally if he plays he bats at 6 to allow him to bowl.

I'm not sold on Marsh but he probably holds his spot for now. As for the bowlers, neither Starc nor Siddle impressed but Siddle at least kept a good line and length. I'd drop Starc for whoever's ready to replace him (Harris? Pattinson? Cummins?) but keep Siddle with Johnson. Remember, of course, that in Australia against India we'll thrive.

Their spinners wouldn't ordinarily be suited to our tracks but Ojha & Ashwin are both tallish spinners and might get a bit of bounce like Lyon does on our tracks and ... they've got a young batting line-up as opposed to the aging batting line-up that was here last time.

We should win but I'm not sure we'll have it all our own way like we did the last time they were here. A lot will depend on how they handle Johnson and if Johnson continues on his great form ... I'd ideally like to see Harris back and firing too. A 3-1 series win beckons though, if we're on our game.

Marsh deserves a go after his debut ... Maddinson or Silk might come in and bat at no.3 but it will probably be Hughes. I'm tipping there will be one surprise selection for the 1st test and also, Haddin will need to prove his fitness - I hope he comes up.

My possible eleven for Brisbane ...

Rogers

Warner

Maddinson or Hughes

Clarke

Smith

Marsh (Mitch)

Haddin

Johnson

Stark or Siddle

Harris

Lyon