Anyone for cricket?

Whispering_Jack

im so embarrassed,

I thought our lack of leadership and infighting within the team had something to do with performance,

wrong again. all the other posters were right

PAGE 86 TODAYS SUN

ricky oh ricky dropping katich after averaging 50+ ,your wrong also rick.it was the right thing to do and it has been proven that backing clarkes captaincy was a supreme idea to take our cricket through the last 4 years.

MASTERSTROKE. back Clarke and drop katich,its worked a treat

You should be because you got it wrong again.

Ponting issue was the termination of Katichs CA contract. Katich was already out of the Test team.

It wasn't a Clarke vs Katich issue but keep fantasising. It will hide the embarrassment.

You should be because you got it wrong again.

Ponting issue was the termination of Katichs CA contract. Katich was already out of the Test team.

It wasn't a Clarke vs Katich issue but keep fantasising. It will hide the embarrassment.

you just don't don't get it

fair enough your in love with PUP

maybe the growing list is all wrong

katich had a blue with PUP,next minute hes dropped

I know its fantasy ,but pup lives in that world ,so get used to it

and now ricky is wrong as well,i didn't think he would actually say what REALLY happened,but he covered the point well enough

dropping katich was a mistake. wally Edwards ha

the more you don't accept whats happened the more you will back puppy and its a failure

good luck with your medication and have a good year

Edited by jazza

you just don't don't get it

Irony never had a more obvious example.

If and I mean if you did actually understand what Ponting was saying he was saying a number of things about the state of Australian Cricket from the Board downwards.

And Clarke made an error of judgement dating Bingle. No issue there. It's no great error that much of the stupidity performed by a number of Australian cricketers over recent years.

What does that have to do with his tenor of captaincy? Pretty much s.f.a.

But that won't stop the goon squad dribbling over some false injustice.

Ponting has a lot of pertinent issues to say about Australian cricket.

Let's hope its gets more intelligent consideration than shown in some quarters

ponting has some concerns

dropping katich was a mistake .read his quote

haydon,clarke has to take responserbility

fleming,clarke has stamped this team and its no good. period

micky Arthur,thier is division within the team and Clarke/Watson don't talk and don't respect each other

as usual these ex players and coaches are wrong and you are on the ball all seeing and right

it will get intelligent when the board takes control and finds a leader

Edited by jazza

ponting has some concerns

dropping katich was a mistake .read his quote

haydon,clarke has to take responserbility

fleming,clarke has stamped this team and its no good period

micky Arthur,thier is division within the team and Clarke/Watson don't talk and don't respect each other

as usual these ex players and coaches are wrong and you are on the ball all seeing and right

it will get intelligent when the board takes control and finds a leader

it'll get smarter & better when the board remove their numbnuts from decision making processes. and get back to reality, instead of some pie in the sky dream of a super human race. they're cricket players & lads ACB, wake up!

they 'the cricket board', seem very like what happened to Melbournefc since around the time of the Norm Smith sacking. that all pervading, they know better than everyone attitude, that goes with narcissistic types.

• Like 1

ponting has some concernsdropping katich was a mistake .read his quotehaydon,clarke has to take responserbilityfleming,clarke has stamped this team and its no good. periodmicky Arthur,thier is division within the team and Clarke/Watson don't talk and don't respect each otheras usual these ex players and coaches are wrong and you are on the ball all seeing and right it will get intelligent when the board takes control and finds a leader

Ponting spoke of the withdrawal of the CA contract for Katich. Katich was dropped from the Test team during the Ashes series in 2010 on form. At the time it was choice between Hussey, Ponting and Katich as the senior players under the gun.

And asking Arthur how we deal with Australian cricket team is like asking Mark Neeld how Roos should re build the MFC. Arthur was definitely part of the problem and source of significant division in the team and the ACB have dealt with him. The process to do so was found to be wanting. The difference between Arthur being in charge and Boof Lehmann is stark and wide. And ask Shane Watson about Arthur......

And as for Shane Watson, he rivals Bernard Tomic as the biggest underperforming sook and prima donna in Australian sport. I can't think of another player who has been given so much opportunity to perform for this country at Test level and has delivered so little on and off the ground. Watson would do well to pull his head in and get his front pad out of the way and just make runs.

Change in Australian cricket needs to be undertaken from the Board down. And regardless of what happens in this series, Clarke is unlikely to go on regardless of the ashes outcome given his chronic back problem ( must all those pins you have put in that doll) While still Australia's premier batsmen, he was hindered significantly with it. In the absence of leadership alternatives in the player rankings, George Bailey is being groomed for the role.

And FWIW, you can actually spend some time and actually understand what is actually happening. Now remember small steps first....

your right about boof

he sorted out Watson in England

he made sure if watto was hit on the pads he asked for a referral to make sure he was out

a good coach and leader would have stepped on this after 2ndtest

yep boofs the man

First round of Shield games kicked off today.

Cameron White continued his great form with an 83, Michael Clarke got an 88, but the rest of the Test players/hopefuls were just average (Rogers 36, Wade 33, Warner 21, Smith 42). Tom Cooper is on 165* though.

As for bowling, Ashton Agar grabbed a couple of wickets on Day 1 against Victoria, which is good. Lyon now plays for NSW so his turn comes tomorrow against Tasmania, as does George Bailey's with the bat. Siddle also bowls more tomorrow, as does Hazlewood. Hilfenhaus took just the one wicket.

Cameron White continued his great form with an 83, Michael Clarke got an 88, but the rest of the Test players/hopefuls were just average (Rogers 36, Wade 33, Warner 21, Smith 42). Tom Cooper is on 165* though.

As for bowling, Ashton Agar grabbed a couple of wickets on Day 1 against Victoria, which is good. Lyon now plays for NSW so his turn comes tomorrow against Tasmania, as does George Bailey's with the bat. Siddle also bowls more tomorrow, as does Hazlewood. Hilfenhaus took just the one wicket.

Bailey is busy scoring billions of runs with the Australian ODI squad. 169 of 114 balls last night if you don't mind.

Bailey is busy scoring billions of runs with the Australian ODI squad. 156 of 114 balls last night if you don't mind.

Wonder if we'll have a serious look at Tom Cooper as a potential national selection? If he keeps scoring shield runs like this they would have to contemplate it.

What would the process be anyway, to get him into the Australian side and off Holland's list/payroll (hypothetical).

Farad Ahmed 5/58 so far.....cleaning up WA tail.

?? a chance for Brisbane Test!?

Impressive. 6/68 in the end. Doesn't help Lyon when he hasn't taken a wicket for NSW today, either. I'd still give Lyon the start though, he's done enough by now to earn his spot, Ahmed needs more than one innings.

Other performances today: Bollinger took a 6-for (sneaky chance for the third seamer's spot behind Harris and Siddle?), Cowan made just 24, Doolan 56, Khawaja made just 8, Shaun Marsh 42, Agar just the 1, Siddle just 1 wicket.

Meanwhile at tea in the WA Chairman's XI v England XI, WA is 1/221. England's bowling attack includes Jimmy Anderson, Chris Tremlett, Steve Finn and Boyd Rankin, the latter three of whom are competing for their third paceman's spot.

has shield cricket ever attracted so much interest?

I remember the terrible team of the packer years.it made shield cricketers who made 3 scores come under the selectors notice very quickly and when in dire positions also gave away many baggy greens to 2nd raters which have a lifeteam of dreams answered

has shield cricket ever attracted so much interest?

I remember the terrible team of the packer years.it made shield cricketers who made 3 scores come under the selectors notice very quickly and when in dire positions also gave away many baggy greens to 2nd raters which have a lifeteam of dreams answered

I think hope this is a good sign.

Ahmed has put his name up there but will have to back his performance with further wickets.

Lyon needs to take wickets often to survive the selectors. He does not seem to have their confidence and seems to be picked as the best option at the time.

I think Bailey was etched for No 6 in the Test side before the last ODI.

His powerful innings the other night makes him a certainty IMO.

If he bats competently in the Ashes series and plays right through I reckon he is odds to captain Australia post ashes.

Win or lose the Ashes I think Clarkes back is so bad he will retire as captain and player at the end of the series.

Edited by Rhino Richards
  • Like 1

I haven't seen Bailey's efforts in the ODI's but I've heard about them. Sounds like he's a shoo-in to bat at no.6 in Brisbane.

... re Clarke - that troublesome back injury is not going away in a hurry. It must be debilitating for the bloke and a constant frustration. I'm surprised it doesn't flare up during the Test matches - maybe it does and we just don't hear about it. We desperately need him to be healthy for this Ashes series so fingers crossed.

I'm assuming Pattinson, Starc and Cummins won't be available for the summer and is it true that Mitch Johnson could play in the opening Test? Nice to see Ahmed get some wickets but it could be assumed that Lyon will start off (at least for the first couple of Tests) Is Warner in the mix for the 1st Test? You'd reckon that Rogers, Watson, Clarke (if fit) and Smith will start.

Edited by Macca

IMO Test top 6 will be Rogers Warner Watson Smith Clarke Bailey with Haddin as keeper. Lyon will be the spinner and the fast bowlers will be Harris, Siddle and due to injury possibly Johnson (no fan of that). But with Starc, Pattinson, Cummins out its a possibility

IMO Test top 6 will be Rogers Warner Watson Smith Clarke Bailey with Haddin as keeper. Lyon will be the spinner and the fast bowlers will be Harris, Siddle and due to injury possibly Johnson (no fan of that). But with Starc, Pattinson, Cummins out its a possibility

Agreed, I think that'll be the side.

The third paceman is an issue - I don't rate Johnson with the red ball at all. His current form is white-ball stuff, which he's more suited to. Short spells, bursts of fire and bounce and pace. Major psychological issues with the English batsmen too.

Having said that, if not Johnson then who? Bollinger did just take a six-for, but I'd rather go with Johnson if Dougie's the only other option. Hazlewood's not taking enough wickets. Hasting's isn't good enough. Coulter-Nile is thereabouts but again, wouldn't put him much in front of Hastings. Ben Hilfenhaus is another option but he's had one good summer his entire career (two years ago v India's awful batsmen).

Bird, Starc, Pattinson and Cummins are the future of Australian fast bowling. Such an enormous pity (and problem) that they're all out for the summer.

Agree with your side

To have a chance of winning the first Test, we're probably going to need England to be off their game a bit unless ... the batting clicks and the bowling the same. If Harris and Clarke have big games, we've got a much better chance.

I wonder if Clarke might drop down to no.5 as you've suggested? Big ask for Smith but maybe Bailey could bat at no.4. Lyon deserves a decent go at it after his last performance (I hope they don't discard him again after only one Test)

I can see a vastly different line-up by the time we revisit England in 2015 (that'll come up quick!) It's obviously a team for "Right now" but because it's the biggest series, that stands to reason.

Edited by Macca

Agree with your side

To have a chance of winning the first Test, we're probably going to need England to be off their game a bit unless ... the batting clicks and the bowling the same. If Harris and Clarke have big games, we've got a much better chance.

I wonder if Clarke might drop down to no.5 as you've suggested? Big ask for Smith but maybe Bailey could bat at no.4. Lyon deserves a decent go at it after his last performance (I hope they don't discard him again after only one Test)

I can see a vastly different line-up by the time we revisit England in 2015 (that'll come up quick!) It's obviously a team for "Right now" but because it's the biggest series, that stands to reason.

Clarke should bat at 5, especially if his back is playing up. More rest.

I'd put Bailey at 4, with Smith at 6. Smith's more suited to 6, plays spin well enough. Bailey's got a good enough technique to bat at 4.

In order to win, we can't afford to regress from our platform from the winter. By that I mean, we have to keep Cook and Trott quiet, Root the same. To go the next step, we then have to work out how to get Bell out and how to play Anderson's swing.

first test in Brizzie

Australia 0/28

watto gets hit on pads and given not out

bowler asks for replay and 3rd ump reverses decision and gives him out

watto doesn't accept that and calls a review of the decision

Australia 1/28 and only 1 review left

and for the unbeleivers ponting this morning apologised about his criticism of you know who

Third quick is an issue - gulp it might be Mitch J - no no no Doug Bollinger....pleasee!

Macca- England 2015 - Clarke, Watson, Haddin, Rogers, Harris and Johnson retired. Lyon surpassed.

And Cummins.....will commence light training after breaking down again..

Titan - Anderson's swing may worry in Brisbane but not so much in other Tests. More worried about Broad Tremlett who hit the pitch harder.......and Swann.