• PODCAST LIVE @ 8:30pm      

Call: 03 9016 3666 or Skype: Demonland31
    Click Here for LIVE Chat
    If you still want to browse Demonland
    while listening to the Podcast
    choose pop up player below

TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Tickets for North Melbourne game

ucanchoose

Do we need to get a ticket, like an Essendon home game?

Or do we just scan our membership ticket.... I have no idea.....

I don't want to stuff this up, my wife won't be there this week to get me out of the [censored]

Do we need to get a ticket, like an Essendon home game?

Or do we just scan our membership ticket.... I have no idea.....

I don't want to stuff this up, my wife won't be there this week to get me out of the [censored]

I'm just going to scan my ticket on the day, no need for a reserved seat I wouldn't imagine.

The Etihad Stadium website is hopeless. I had to ring up Ticketmaster to organise our Axcess One Tickets through the reciprocal rights with the MCC. If your membership card reads "Admits to XX Home & Away Games" then you should be able to walk up and scan. Some memberships are just for home games. Might be worth a call to the club or Ticketmaster if you're unsure.

Edit: Oh I forgot, for the privilege of speaking to a computer over the phone I paid an extra $7.30. Thanks Ticketmaster -_-

Edited by Brettmcg

Won't it depend on your membership? If you're allowed into away games in Melbourne then you're set. Otherwise (and I'm guessing this is most people) you'll have to buy a ticket.

Of course, I really have no idea, as I'm the typical MCC supporter who doesn't give a toss about games that aren't at the 'G.

The Etihad Stadium website is hopeless. I had to ring up Ticketmaster to organise our Axcess One Tickets through the reciprocal rights with the MCC. If your membership card reads "Admits to XX Home & Away Games" then you should be able to walk up and scan. Some memberships are just for home games. Might be worth a call to the club or Ticketmaster if you're unsure.

My kids memberships have "admits to 11 Home games and 6 away games." Hopefully they're right on Saturday. Otherwise I'm going to have to dig a bit deeper. :(

Hi there,

can anyone tell me if there are any level one seats/general admission at Etihad on Sat?

Regards Darren

In years gone by, at non traditional big drawing crowd games you can request a level 1 seat when you get your ticket, I've done this the last few times against the roos and I think the doggies too. not sure how it would work if you have a membership though

In years gone by, at non traditional big drawing crowd games you can request a level 1 seat when you get your ticket, I've done this the last few times against the roos and I think the doggies too. not sure how it would work if you have a membership though

It's just the nose bleed section has no atmosphere at the dome and would go a long way to convincing my wife she needs a membership.....

Hey guys first time poster but long time reader.

I guess the question has not been answered if you have a 16 victorian games membership are we able to scan it and sit somewhere on level one or do we have to pay extra?

I know in the past i have just scanned my ticket and sat up on level 3 without thinking to much about it but I hope someone can tell me if there is a section on level one were there is GA with out memberships.

I guess the question has not been answered if you have a 16 victorian games membership are we able to scan it and sit somewhere on level one or do we have to pay extra?

you should have received an email when renewing your membership detailing what games you are bale to enter in with the membership (I am assuming ALL MCG games only)

Guest Balls_Grinter_14

Edit: Oh I forgot, for the privilege of speaking to a computer over the phone I paid an extra $7.30. Thanks Ticketmaster -_-

Out of interest., what was the cost of Access One tickets for MCC members. Minus the $7.30 of course? I am MCC member but haven't taken advantage of the Access One seats for amny years.

Out of interest., what was the cost of Access One tickets for MCC members. Minus the $7.30 of course? I am MCC member but haven't taken advantage of the Access One seats for amny years.

$32.00 per MCC Member and slightly more for a guest ticket. Every time I have bought seats in Axcess One using my MCC Membership I am put somewhere betwee Aisle 41 (left forward pocket Coventry End) and 47 (behind the goals Coventry End). Guess who's getting the better deal out of this arrangement? I'll give you a hint...it's not the MCC Members. Despite this I'll pay almost anything to watch us at the moment!

you should have received an email when renewing your membership detailing what games you are bale to enter in with the membership (I am assuming ALL MCG games only)

The 16-game memberships (H&A) entitle you to all MFC matches in Melbourne.

I know in the past i have just scanned my ticket and sat up on level 3 without thinking to much about it but I hope someone can tell me if there is a section on level one were there is GA with out memberships.

Hi Brettj34, welcome to Demonland ;) As far as I know, the only general admission areas are on level 3.

You might want to nab a reserved seat on level 1 by paying the difference (or something near to it). You should be able to do this on the day.

I was under the impression Etihad Stadium don't let you onto level 1 these days without a reserved seat, regardless of what the crowd's like, but another poster has suggested you can.

$32.00 per MCC Member and slightly more for a guest ticket. Every time I have bought seats in Axcess One using my MCC Membership I am put somewhere betwee Aisle 41 (left forward pocket Coventry End) and 47 (behind the goals Coventry End). Guess who's getting the better deal out of this arrangement? I'll give you a hint...it's not the MCC Members. Despite this I'll pay almost anything to watch us at the moment!

While you can buy into the MCC area at ES, Axcess One only puts aside particular bays for MCC members.

As you say, it's not the MCC members that are getting the best deal!

Fwiw, you can avoid Ticketmaster handling fees by booking at an outlet.

Guest Balls_Grinter_14

Thanks Brettmcg. Well $32.00 for the gauranteed seat aint too bad i guess. I agree though, every time I have gained access to Access One I am tucked up behind the goals or in that pocket. I would rather be there though than lining up out the front, missing the first 20 minutes. For memory the 'Premium seats' tickets at Shithad are about 35.00-39.00 clams. So it works for me.

Look forward to the game. Go Deeee's

Thanks Brettmcg. Well $32.00 for the gauranteed seat aint too bad i guess. I agree though, every time I have gained access to Access One I am tucked up behind the goals or in that pocket. I would rather be there though than lining up out the front, missing the first 20 minutes. For memory the 'Premium seats' tickets at Shithad are about 35.00-39.00 clams. So it works for me.

Look forward to the game. Go Deeee's

I was prepared to book 'Reserved Seats' for $46.50 but they were putting me on Level 1 also between Aisles 41 or 27 (behind the goals Lockett end), so I chose the lesser of two evils. Annoys me that Axcess One members from that horrible stadium can get into the MCC facilities for the same price and get much better seats and services. I think the MFC should investigate offering MCC/MFC memberships with access to good seating at Sh*tihad.

Guest Balls_Grinter_14

Annoys me that Axcess One members from that horrible stadium can get into the MCC facilities for the same price and get much better seats and services. I think the MFC should investigate offering MCC/MFC memberships with access to good seating at Sh*tihad.

Sorry? I was not aware that Access One members had access to MCC at all? what's the go there? There was no 20 yr waiting list for Access One membership. So why should they be allowed to get into the MCC ahead of anyone else. Love to know more Brettmcg

So I have one of those 16 games membership which entitles me to free entry, but seating on level 3 at Etihad is akin to watching a game of footy from Mars.

My question is, does anyone know how much it costs to upgrade these general entry tickets to level 1 tickets?

I would check but I'm at work and my membership cards are at home.

I think the MFC should investigate offering MCC/MFC memberships with access to good seating at Sh*tihad.

Not sure about the feasibility of it though...

I don't know how it'd all work, but it depends on how much the club had to pay.

Personally I'd never use the option of a game at Etihad. I have no desire to go to that stadium.

Not sure how many others there are like me, but I'd hate for the club to fork over money to reserve a seat for me that I'll never use.

Edited by Keyser Söze

Sorry? I was not aware that Access One members had access to MCC at all? what's the go there? There was no 20 yr waiting list for Access One membership. So why should they be allowed to get into the MCC ahead of anyone else. Love to know more Brettmcg

I had medallion club tickets that would get me access to AFL members area only, no MCC rights

Here is the text from the Etihad Stadium Axcess One advertisement page:

Axcess One

Axcess One Membership provides you entry for all AFL 'home and away' matches at Etihad Stadium and is an affordable and versatile Membership that enables you to enjoy events with your family, friends, clients and staff.

A SNAPSHOT OF THE BENEFITS

General Admission ticket for AFL NAB Cup matches palyed at Etihad Stadium for Rounds 1 and 2.

The right to pre book a ticket for Premium Level 2 seating to attend 2010 AFL Premiership Season home and away matches played at Etihad Stadium (excluding finals matches).*

Fully transferable Corporate memberships when registered under a business name. (minimum purchase of two memberships applies).

The availability of guest tickets to the 2010 AFL Premiership Season home and away matches held at Etihad Stadium.*

Convenient three week booking period for matches at Etihad Stadium – ease of access to your tickets for all the blockbusters!

Axcess One Members are permitted to purchase one ticket (per membership card) to unreserved seating in the MCC Members reserve at the MCG for the AFL Home & Away Season.

All for just $85.00 per month or $1,020 annually.

* Subject to Availability & booking fees apply.

Also:

Reciprocal Rights At The MCG

We are pleased to advise of the MCC Reciprocal Rights Arrangement, between Axcess One Premium and MCC Memberships. Axcess One Premium Members are permitted to purchase visitor tickets to unreserved seating in the MCC Members’ Reserve at the MCG for AFL Home & Away Premiership matches, designated cricket matches and some other events played at the MCG (all tickets subject to availability).

Edited by Brettmcg

Hi there,

aside from supporting my beloved Demons is it worthwhile having a membership, my wife wishes to know the advantages and I don't really have an answer for her, we live in Ballarat and love our footy but unsure of the benefits can someone tell me some pro's

Regards Darren

Hi there,

aside from supporting my beloved Demons is it worthwhile having a membership, my wife wishes to know the advantages and I don't really have an answer for her, we live in Ballarat and love our footy but unsure of the benefits can someone tell me some pro's

Regards Darren

It's always worthwhile having a membership, but I don't think I need to tell you that! What type all comes down to how often you attend matches. Maybe a Country Membership would be in order, the benefits of which are:

All Country/Interstate/International members receive the following:

- Entry to 5 Victorian-based home games

- Entry to 1 interstate game played in your state (interstate members only)***

- 2010 Members’ Scarf (which will be posted to you)

- Car stickers, lanyard, fixture magnet

- 2010 Season Guide (March) and Yearbook (December)

- Weekly email news updates, including Ins and Outs

- Free entry to Casey Scorpions home games

- 10% discount off all full priced items at the MFC Megastore

- Priority access to buy finals tickets when MFC is competing

- Voting rights (over 18s only)

To be eligible for a Country membership your address must be 120km from the CBD (AFL Condition of Sale), but looking on Google Maps this shouldn't be an issue. An individual membership costs $115 and a Family $245.

Not sure about the feasibility of it though...

I don't know how it'd all work, but it depends on how much the club had to pay.

Personally I'd never use the option of a game at Etihad. I have no desire to go to that stadium.

Not sure how many others there are like me, but I'd hate for the club to fork over money to reserve a seat for me that I'll never use.

They could fork out money based on the number of members who took up seats, rather than a flat rate per member they were offering the entitlement to.

So I have one of those 16 games membership which entitles me to free entry, but seating on level 3 at Etihad is akin to watching a game of footy from Mars.

My question is, does anyone know how much it costs to upgrade these general entry tickets to level 1 tickets?

I would check but I'm at work and my membership cards are at home.

Compared to the top deck at the 'G, ES isn't too bad at all.

The view's actually pretty good if you're near the front of level 3.

That said, I've only sat up there a couple of times, and certainly prefer level 1.