A Day at the Races

Toorak

19 minutes ago, Mr Steve said:

See that new Betting mob BetR "owned by Murdoch so I wont be going near them" Is offering 101 to 1 on any horse in the Melbourne Cup. You can only put ten on and have to bet before Derby day buy if you believe you have the winner. $10 would get you a thousand. No doubt you would have to turn your winnings over again before you can collect.

They're going to get any number of sign-ups with that offer. 

And if Rupert wants to give money away for a tenner, I'm in.  Even if it's just the one bet and then turnover the winnings

Then cash out and say goodbye!  Thanks Rupert!!

Just now, Dee Zephyr said:

The Paulele/Anamoe double was great value at $5…should have thrown in Sydney races getting abandoned half way through the card at $1.20 for a little extra value 😀

I got that double as well, DZ

Paulele just barged it's way through like a gun horse should.  Worth following on that run.  The Everest next? 

Or maybe the $2Million Manikato where the owners don't have to worry about a $600k cost to get a slot.  About $1.2Million for the winner of the Manikato (22nd Oct)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Macca said:

Paulele just barged it's way through like a gun horse should.  Worth following on that run.  The Everest next? 

Or maybe the $2Million Manikato where the owners don't have to worry about a $600k cost to get a slot.  About $1.2Million for the winner of the Manikato (22nd Oct)

Heard on the radio pre(Paulele) race The Everest was definitely on the cards if it won, interesting to see which way they head. Like you said it finished real strong on the inside.
Anamoe looked cooked at the bend for a little while there I thought, just gritted the teeth and got the job done. Some great racing still remains.

• Like 1

Golden Mile wins the Guineas ... another masterful ride by J-Mac.  James Cummings again! Too good!

I hope we get to see it past it's 3yo season.  Anamoe has raced on so why not!

Btw, Gator has tipped 6 of the 8 winners at Caulfield today ... freely available on racing.com, Sportsbet and Best Bets

• Like 1

The Thousand Guineas is to be run on Wednesday (back in the day it was a day off and at the Races!)

I like She's Licketysplit (3-1) but Boogie Dancer (3-1) has got very good form as well ... Tajneed at 11-1 represents excellent value

Up at Warwick Farm on Wednesday the Gloaming Stakes will be run (from the postponed meeting Saturday) ... Williamsburg has drawn wide but will come into gate 9 with all the scratchings (and it's a backmarker anyway) A serious chance at 3-1

Edited by Macca

2 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

Might be moving the Caulfield cup to Melbourne aquatic centre… said there is less water there. 😂

I've picked out a few roughies at Caulfield & Randwick.  Not sure anything is a good thing on the heavy tracks

Reckon Jacquinot can run well in the Everest ... drops down to 53kgs and is coming off a fast 1400m last start win (Golden Rose) 11.00/3.10 is good value.  Nature Strip the one to beat. Giga Kick? 

As for the Caulfield Cup, it's a wide open race so I'll take out a wide exotic bet! Benaud & Allegron big shows though.  Smokin' Romans in great form and should get into the finish.  Duais?

Polly Grey in the last race at Randwick is a big chance.  Loves the wet

Edited by Macca

On 10/8/2022 at 4:14 PM, Macca said:

They're going to get any number of sign-ups with that offer. 

And if Rupert wants to give money away for a tenner, I'm in.  Even if it's just the one bet and then turnover the winnings

Then cash out and say goodbye!  Thanks Rupert!!

I see they have now added a 101 to 1 bet on any team to win the flag next year. Max bet ten dollars. So $10 on the Dees for $1000. if they win. Might have to join just for the bonuses.  

• Thinking 1

10 hours ago, Mr Steve said:

I see they have now added a 101 to 1 bet on any team to win the flag next year. Max bet ten dollars. So $10 on the Dees for $1000. if they win. Might have to join just for the bonuses.  

Yeah Steve,  I joined up and they then gave me a deposit match straight off (100%) ... always up for a freebie!  Who isn't?

They are also offering 20-1 for Anamoe in the Cox Plate (max $10 bet)

Certainly very aggressive and they've got Matty Campbell & James Jordon on board

I'm quite happy with Laddies but happy to cash in on promotions elsewhere

• Like 1

Leaning towards Alegron in the Caulfield Cup ... with the James Cummings/Godolphin polish

Managed to get 14-1 which I regard as overs.  An exotic bet as well as the dividends could be very healthy

7 hours ago, Macca said:

Leaning towards Alegron in the Caulfield Cup ... with the James Cummings/Godolphin polish

Managed to get 14-1 which I regard as overs.  An exotic bet as well as the dividends could be very healthy

It does look decent and it’s the top tip, I think monfifelia at 20-1 is crazy, prob drop a bonus bet there if I get one.

Heavy 9 right now with a mostly sunny day coming. Hope it gets to a soft 7 by the time the cup runs. 

8 hours ago, Macca said:

Yeah Steve,  I joined up and they then gave me a deposit match straight off (100%) ... always up for a freebie!  Who isn't?

They are also offering 20-1 for Anamoe in the Cox Plate (max $10 bet)

Certainly very aggressive and they've got Matty Campbell & James Jordon on board

I'm quite happy with Laddies but happy to cash in on promotions elsewhere

Go to the AFL page for the 101 ten dollar grand final bet.  I'm with Ladbrokes but manly because it so easy to deposit at the local new-agency, hate using credit cards on betting sites. 

Edited by Mr Steve

Not sure what to do today, the wet tracks are going to make it even harder. Cannot believe how short Smoking Romans is in the cup.  Did like the Waller horse No Compromise but its unloved in the betting. Might wait and see how the track plays out in the first few races. 

1 hour ago, Mr Steve said:

Go to the AFL page for the 101 ten dollar grand final bet.  I'm with Ladbrokes but manly because it so easy to deposit at the local new-agency, hate using credit cards on betting sites. 

Gee just checked the BetR page they have five markets where you can have $101 odds, Max $10 but you can have a go at each market. So $50 for $5000 if you pick the winners. A few of those markets you could cut the chances down to 5 or 6 teams. Plus the $21 odds for the Cox plate. Not sure if you have to turn the winnings over again like some betting companies. 

2 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

It does look decent and it’s the top tip, I think monfifelia at 20-1 is crazy, prob drop a bonus bet there if I get one.

Heavy 9 right now with a mostly sunny day coming. Hope it gets to a soft 7 by the time the cup runs. 

Drawing wide (Benaud) might be the go too especially if the inside running is cut up

It's a lottery today regardless so we're sure to see a number of roughies salute in Melb & Syd

Good luck punters!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Macca said:

Drawing wide (Benaud) might be the go too especially if the inside running is cut up

It's a lottery today regardless so we're sure to see a number of roughies salute in Melb & Syd

Good luck punters!

Did you grab your free $25 bonus bet from Ladbrokes today. It's more fun losing their money. 

2 hours ago, Mr Steve said:

Did you grab your free $25 bonus bet from Ladbrokes today. It's more fun losing their money. 

No, not for me

They do offer matched deposits sometimes (50%) but only when I don't have a winning weekend!!

22 minutes ago, Macca said:

No, not for me

They do offer matched deposits sometimes (50%) but only when I don't have a winning weekend!!

If your with ladbrokes just put Free25 into the bonus claim section. it's for everyone. You have until 4pm today.

Edited by Mr Steve
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Steve said:

If your with ladbrokes just put Free25 into the bonus claim section. it's for everyone. You have until 4pm today.

Oh, thanks

Got it ... and with the 25 I've put an exotic bet on the Everest

Whilst I reckon Nature Strip will probably win (from barrier 12) the exotics can pay well if it doesn't win

If I win big I'll buy you a virtual beer!!

• Like 1

Asfoora looks a horse ... won the Caulfield Sprint like it was a track gallop!

Really unlucky in it's previous race at the Valley.  A definite Blackbooker