A Day at the Races

Toorak

5 hours ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Do we really need a new thread just to put a multi on tho? The good thing about this thread is it covers a lot about horse racing and other sports in general. When the Spring kicks in the sport multi will die down i reckon....once the footy finishes....

But hey ill go with whatever......A Night at the Opera?

Ha ha ... the Marx bros also starred in a film called 'Horse Feathers'

The sports multi might intrude on our best bets & trifecta combo if we do it here.  Where as on a separate thread it stands alone.

And I reckon we can fine tune a sports multi where we can give ourselves a decent chance at a collect.  If that happens we'll want to keep it going.

But if the sports multi idea stays here that's ok as well.  I'm all in on the idea and I reckon it can work Wadda but I'm just a bit concerned about too much going on in the one thread. 

We can't rule out having others joining in on a different concept like sports betting ... and some of those others may not have any interest in horse racing. 

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Macca said:

Ha ha ... the Marx bros also starred in a film called 'Horse Feathers'

The sports multi might intrude on our best bets & trifecta combo if we do it here.  Where as on a separate thread it stands alone.

And I reckon we can fine tune a sports multi where we can give ourselves a decent chance at a collect.  If that happens we'll want to keep it going.

But if the sports multi idea stays here that's ok as well.  I'm all in on the idea and I reckon it can work Wadda but I'm just a bit concerned about too much going on in the one thread. 

We can't rule out having others joining in on a different concept like sports betting ... and some of those others may not have any interest in horse racing. 

haha yes they did........

I hear ya......but i think its pretty unlikely.......but..how about ...Monkey Business

Whats with Oliver? Hes suddenly 3rd in line in the Brownlow race @ 13/1? Max out to 15s........Theyre practically paying out on Mitchell anyways....

My early observation on sport BBs is Hawthorn Geeelong...either side under 15.5....at the G and neither side will give up. Its really a finals match. Paying 2.55 (a good sign cause they usually 2.70)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

haha yes they did........

I hear ya......but i think its pretty unlikely.......but..how about ...Monkey Business

Whats with Oliver? Hes suddenly 3rd in line in the Brownlow race @ 13/1? Max out to 15s........Theyre practically paying out on Mitchell anyways....

My early observation on sport BBs is Hawthorn Geeelong...either side under 15.5....at the G and neither side will give up. Its really a finals match. Paying 2.55 (a good sign cause they usually 2.70)

I agree ... it's unlikely but you never know.  I know way more people who are into sports betting rather than the horses.  We'll want to keep the sports multi going - especially if we get an early collect!  The transparency of our picks will build a want to get it right just like it does in the best-bets and to a lesser extent,  the trifecta combo. 

So are you thinking a 6 pick yeah?  What if there's 4 of us or more?  BM has flagged his interest in sports betting and then there's the 3 of us that are in.  I'm happy to just have the 1 pick if it works out we've got too many. 

As for the thread name 'Monkey Business' ... it's got my vote Wadda.  Perfectly apt in many ways.  Luck plays a big part in sports multi's ... there are always upset results that you don't see coming but a lot of the picks are for the favoured team in a 2 horse race.  Pardon the pun!

I'm genuinely excited for the idea and concept.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Macca said:

I agree ... it's unlikely but you never know.  I know way more people who are into sports betting rather than the horses.  We'll want to keep the sports multi going - especially if we get an early collect!  The transparency of our picks will build a want to get it right just like it does in the best-bets and to a lesser extent,  the trifecta combo. 

So are you thinking a 6 pick yeah?  What if there's 4 of us or more?  BM has flagged his interest in sports betting and then there's the 3 of us that are in.  I'm happy to just have the 1 pick if it works out we've got too many. 

As for the thread name 'Monkey Business' ... it's got my vote Wadda.  Perfectly apt in many ways.  Luck plays a big part in sports multi's ... there are always upset results that you don't see coming but a lot of the picks are for the favoured team in a 2 horse race.  Pardon the pun!

I'm genuinely excited for the idea and concept.

Yep thats pretty much my thinking as well i guess now. I wasnt sure about Binman , but we can start off with 2 each this week and just see how it goes. Like i say, we can adapt as we go along. Theres 6 or 7 rounds of AFL/NRL to go. I want to do a pick 6 yes. I know you think its pretty hard and it is, but its not impossible and the returns are good. There is also no obligation to put it on, but ill post it up as such, like we do with the horse picks.

Anyways....lets just do one and see how it goes.

Ok, Monkey Business it is then !

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Ha Ha....Monkey Business. I like it, it’s a Yes from me too. Looking forward to reading the OP. @Wadda We Sing or @Macca

Macca can start the thread then....im not sure how, havent done one for years. Or we can do it next week, if your too busy etc.

Anyone can nominate their bets at anytime before 7pm on a Friday night i guess?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Yep thats pretty much my thinking as well i guess now. I wasnt sure about Binman , but we can start off with 2 each this week and just see how it goes. Like i say, we can adapt as we go along. Theres 6 or 7 rounds of AFL/NRL to go. I want to do a pick 6 yes. I know you think its pretty hard and it is, but its not impossible and the returns are good. There is also no obligation to put it on, but ill post it up as such, like we do with the horse picks.

Anyways....lets just do one and see how it goes.

Ok, Monkey Business it is then !

After the footy season there's the NFL,  MLB till late Oct,  the NHL & NBA as well as the various soccer competitions.  Also Rugby internationals.

As previously stated,  I don't mind the NBA as a betting sport as the good teams generally win at home against lesser opposition but to get some decent odds you've got to go half time/ full time or go-to-whoa (lead at the end of every quarter)

The NFL is also a reasonable option ... again,  half time/full time or margins with a 10 point buffer.  Or you can take the line which is the popular option.  Soccer & Ice Hockey are tricky but I like the 12 point margins in rugby union. 

I reckon the new thread could be quite popular as this one is ... this thread gets a lot of views - over 32,000 now which is a good number.

Good luck launching it Wadda ... I'll be there to support!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Macca can start the thread then....im not sure how, havent done one for years. Or we can do it next week, if your too busy etc.

Anyone can nominate their bets at anytime before 7pm on a Friday night i guess?

I've just nominated you to start the thread Wadda haha ... you've named it so it's your baby (so to speak!)

Edited by Macca
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

23 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Ha Ha....Monkey Business. I like it, it’s a Yes from me too. Looking forward to reading the OP. @Wadda We Sing or @Macca

Gold Mag which ran so impressively in defeating El Magnificence is running around in the 5th at Flemington on Saturday ... $2 favourite though!  Big field as well.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Macca said:

Gold Mag which ran so impressively in defeating El Magnificence is running around in the 5th at Flemington on Saturday ... $2 favourite though!  Big field as well.

Even shorter on TAB Macca. $1.85 wow.

Had a quick look at the Flemington card. In Race 2 Bandipur ($3.30) is down from Sydney and up against Invincible Al ($3.90) and Prezado ($2.40). 3 horses under $4 (early markets) in a ten horse field.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Even shorter on TAB Macca. $1.85 wow.

Had a quick look at the Flemington card. In Race 2 Bandipur ($3.30) is down from Sydney and up against Invincible Al ($3.90) and Prezado ($2.40). 3 horses under $4 (early markets) in a ten horse field.

There's a couple of feature races at the weekend - One each at Rosehill & Flemington.  Both over the 1200m,  small fields but both are decent betting races.  

Rosehill  Race 6  The Rosebud  1200m  Listed

Flemington  Race 7  Aurie's Star Hcp  1200m  Group 3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Monkey Business is also a Marx bros film. So Macca you can be Groucho, DZ can be Chiko and i will be Harpo.

I have to do it tomorrow, im doing other things tonight.

image.png.115fb2514b8b39c2a7e87f9f10ff498e.png

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Macca said:

image.png.115fb2514b8b39c2a7e87f9f10ff498e.png

Comedy gold. I’ll have to watch some of their movies again. Groucho’s one liners are up there with the funniest ever.

” I’ve had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn’t it.”

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Best Bet

Morphetville Race 4 Number 1

Mongolian Wolf $4.40

Has a habit of getting too far back lately and finishing off late. The Weir runner is well rated here after the claim and hopefully he’s close enough to run over the top of them. 

The latest on Santos, horse is doing really well in trackwork and he’s ready for a big spring. Aiming to resume in the San Domenico Stakes this month. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Best Bet

Morphetville Race 4 Number 1

Mongolian Wolf $4.40

Has a habit of getting too far back lately and finishing off late. The Weir runner is well rated here after the claim and hopefully he’s close enough to run over the top of them. 

The latest on Santos, horse is doing really well in trackwork and he’s ready for a big spring. Aiming to resume in the San Domenico Stakes this month. 

Best Bet:

Flemington Race 7 No. 2 Voodoo Lad   $3.80

Weir trained group winning horse, goes well on the softer tracks, win or place 9 times from 12 at this distance Oliver on board, will go pretty close....

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 1

Best Sport Bets:

Hawthorn v Geelong   either side under 15.5 pts $2.50

These two sides have a history of close finishes regardless of ladder positions. Both fighting for finals, should be a cracker.

Melbourne v Sydney   Melbourne 1-39   $2.06

The Dees just have to win, wont be a walk in the park. The danger is if Gawn doesnt play and we probably wont know till Sunday. I say take the risk, we are a better side than the one that lost this game last year. Keep Buddy quiet and were into the finals.

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 2

Best Bets:

Flemington Race 3 No 2 Ruban Bleu  $6.50

Morphetville Race 4 No 1 Mongolian Wolf $4.40

Flemington Race Race 7 No 2 Voodoo Lad  $3.80

A lot of value there this week folks, the 3 win multi gives us approx $108.00 for your dollar. Should be around 5/1 for the place multi.

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Best Sport Bets:

Hawthorn v Geelong   either side under 15.5 pts $2.50

These two sides have a history of close finishes regardless of ladder positions. Both fighting for finals, should be a cracker.

Melbourne v Sydney   Melbourne 1-39   $2.06

The Dees just have to win, wont be a walk in the park. The danger is if Gawn doesnt play and we probably wont know till Sunday. I say take the risk, we are a better side than the one that lost this game last year. Keep Buddy quiet and were into the finals.

Like 'em both Wadda - here are my 2 ...

Best Sports Bets:

New York Yankees  -1.5  ($1.95) vs Texas Rangers

Houston Astros  -1.5  ($1.95) vs Seattle Mariners

Click on the links for the match previews ... the Yankees game starts at 9.00am Saturday AEST whilst the Astros game starts at 10.00am Saturday AEST.  If you've got cable ESPN will have both games highlighted on 'Strike-Zone' (from 9am)

So it's over to @Dee Zephyr  and perhaps even  @binman  to complete the package!  An 8 leg multi?  I've landed 2 pick 7's and 1 pick 8 previously but it's been a while haha. 

Best of luck to all the punters on the weekend. 

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Macca said:

Like 'em both Wadda - here are my 2 ...

Best Sports Bets:

Click on the links for the match previews ... the Yankees game starts at 9.00am Saturday AEST whilst the Astros game starts at 10.00am Saturday AEST.  If you've got cable ESPN will have both games highlighted on 'Strike-Zone' (from 9am)

New York Yankees  -1.5  ($1.95) vs Texas Rangers

Houston Astros  -1.5  ($1.95) vs Seattle Mariners

Over to @Dee Zephyr  to complete the package!

Wow thats great Macca...I dont know anything about baseball but i do know the famous New York Yankees!!.....so tomorrow first thing huh? Ok better get em on tonight.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Wow thats great Macca...I dont know anything about baseball but i do know the famous New York Yankees!!.....so tomorrow first thing huh? Ok better get em on tonight.

I'm a Boston Red Sox fan so I feel slightly unclean picking the Yankess ... but hey,  when you're on the punt,  anything goes.  We might even have to barrack for the Pies in a bet - that's a tough one Wadda!

I'd rather do Sunday baseball games (AEST) but there's a delay on when the games are available to bet on.  Anyway,  the bet will either be still alive at about 1pm tomorrow or it won't be.  We can always multi up the residual picks if we're out early.  I've done that before with a bit of success.

By the way,  it's a really good idea and I hope we have a few collects out of it all.

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here goes fellas.

Best Bets: 

EPL-

Newcastle v Tottenham Saturday 11th @21:30

Selection- Tottenham Win $2.00

English Championship-

Norwich v West Bromwich Sunday 12th @00:00

Selection - Total Match Goals Over 2.5 $2.10

• Like 2