A Day at the Races

Toorak

9 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Nothing will ever beat WinXXX. Shes number 1...Suck it up Gun Runner.

Lol, the Great Gunrunner has run 3rd twice at Port Hedland Wadda, Winx still has a little catching up to do.?

How lucky are we?

Black Caviar,  now Winx !???

Edited by Demon77
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Nothing will ever beat WinXXX. Shes number 1...Suck it up Gun Runner.

Such is the racing calendar (Worldwide) they're never likely to meet.  Comparing times & track surfaces Winx would come out on top - would beat the other gun horse 'West Coast' as well. 

Anyway Wadda,  as it stands right now,  Winx will go to the No.1 position outright. 

An absolute Champion in every sense of the word. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Who Shot TheBarman wins the Sydney Cup!

It ran a terrific race at its last start in the Tancred Stakes so the form was there. 

Almandin never threatened. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Macca said:

Who Shot TheBarman wins the Sydney Cup!

It ran a terrific race at its last start in the Tancred Stakes so the form was there. 

Almandin never threatened. 

Almandin bombed in the Melbourne Cup last year. Looks like he cant get the 3200 anymore i guess. Weight will stop a train.

• Like 2

Alizee does it easily ... the 3yo filly beats all the mares. 

Might have a big big future with that turn of speed.  As it stands the horse is tremendous at Group level. 

• Like 2

Just now, Macca said:

Might have a big big future with that turn of speed.  As it stands the horse is tremendous at Group level. 

Yes, but where was the turn of foot last few starts? Strange.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Macca said:

PL Macca, simply PL. Great win though, but PL :(

Edited by Demon77
  • Like 2

Just now, Wadda We Sing said:

Yes, but where was the turn of foot last few starts? Strange.

I wish I knew ... I'd be very rich if so Wadda :ph34r:

1600m seems to be her limit but with maturity the horse might get the 2000m.  The jockey mentioned that Alizee needs a few runs to get going. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Macca said:

I wish I knew ... I'd be very rich if so Wadda :ph34r:

1600m seems to be her limit but with maturity the horse might get the 2000m.  The jockey mentioned that Alizee needs a few runs to get going. 

Would be good if the jockey had of mentioned that this morning.....douw!!

Just noticed WinXXX is in from 1.70 to 1.55 in the Cox Plate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Demon77 said:

Good luck with your tri coming up @Macca

Didn't have the winner but I think I might have had the next 4 runners.  Nothing ventured,  nothing gained D77. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Macca said:

Didn't have the winner but I think I might have had the next 4 runners.  Nothing ventured,  nothing gained D77. 

Tough day Macca all round, lucky I didn’t follow Saint Velorem, stayed in the barriers and missed the start by 7 lengths, that feels like a win.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Demon77 said:

Wow, D Moor rides the quaddie at Caulfield.

Had to throw a couple of bucks on Working From Home, seems that is what we are doing today.  

Always nice to pick up a late winner D77 ... well done!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Macca said:

Always nice to pick up a late winner D77 ... well done!

Yes, money back Macca.

In excess of 60k for the quaddie, I know a few that follow jockeys but not many that would follow D.Moor.  

• Like 2

Our 'Best Bet' strategy has taken a bit of a hammering of late ... we've dropped below a 50% win strike rate.  Have we switched off for a quarter?  ha ha

40: 19 - 8 - 1

If it's any consolation most I know have dipped out badly in last 3 or 4 weeks.  A lot of the favoured horses have run a place instead of winning.  JJ has gone a bit cold too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With Winx now occupying the top spot with regards to the best Racehorse Worldwide,  it's worth noting the 3 main rivals that she has surpassed. 

2 of her rivals ran in the 'Pegasus World Cup International Stakes' (1800m) held in January at Gulfstream Park (Florida) ... the race was worth $12Million ($16Million next year) and is regarded as the richest horse race held annually.  Her other main rival ran in the recent G1 Dubai 'Turf' over 1800m. 

n.b. 'The Everest' is vying for the honour of the richest horserace and that race is going to be worth $13Million this year.  It is the richest 'Turf' race worldwide.  While I'm here,  here's a link to the top 100 Group 1 races held worldwide (we fare very well on the list)

Anyway,  here's a look at Gun Runner,  West Coast,  Benbatl & Winx (today)

And our own Winx today ...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Macca said:

With Winx now occupying the top spot with regards to the best Racehorse Worldwide,  it's worth noting the 3 main rivals that she has surpassed. 

2 of her rivals ran in the 'Pegasus World Cup International Stakes' (1800m) held in January at Gulfstream Park (Florida) ... the race was worth $12Million ($16Million next year) and is regarded as the richest horse race held annually.  Her other main rival ran in the recent G1 Dubai 'Turf' over 1800m. 

n.b. 'The Everest' is vying for the honour of the richest horserace and that race is going to be worth $13Million this year.  It is the richest 'Turf' race worldwide.  While I'm here,  here's a link to the top 100 Group 1 races held worldwide (we fare very well on the list)

Anyway,  here's a look at Gun Runner,  West Coast,  Benbatl & Winx (today)

And our own Winx today ...

Thanks Macca.

Personally, I’d love to see a match race between Winx and one of her rivals. Never going to happen though.

Watching the American style of racing reminded me of a great story about the little champ “Seabiscuit” during the Great Depression.

I highly recommend the book to anyone that enjoys racing.

Seabiscuit- Three Men And A Racehorse 

We are lucky we have seen two of the finest thoroughbreds in Black Caviar and Winx. We are often reminded of Australia’s rich racing history with Phar Lap and Tulloch, the Seabiscuit story adds to the history of racing in general. 

Here’s a video of a match race. This is only a small part of the story and hopefully not a spoiler. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Demon77 said:

Thanks Macca.

Personally, I’d love to see a match race between Winx and one of her rivals. Never going to happen though.

Watching the American style of racing reminded me of a great story about the little champ “Seabiscuit” during the Great Depression.

I highly recommend the book to anyone that enjoys racing.

Seabiscuit- Three Men And A Racehorse 

We are lucky we have seen two of the finest thoroughbreds in Black Caviar and Winx. We are often reminded of Australia’s rich racing history with Phar Lap and Tulloch, the Seabiscuit story adds to the history of racing in general. 

Here’s a video of a match race. This is only a small part of the story and hopefully not a spoiler. 

Apart from more recent times where Black Caviar and now Winx have absolutely dominated,  we've often had 1,  2 or even 3 standout performers at any given time. 

If you pick any decade for instance you'd come up with any number of horses that would stand out from the rest.  At various times we've had Vain,  Kingston Town,  Makybe Diva,  Better Loosen Up,  Manikato,  Northerly and the list goes on and on. 

I like it that the World Authority recognises our racing and our horses too ... it's a little surprising considering that we rarely go chasing glory overseas but I suppose that just confirms the strength of our racing here. 

And more & more overseas horses are being brought here as well ... not the absolute best (yet) but after analysing where and when the Group 1 racing occurs,  our best chance of attracting the best is in February/March.  If the Tancred,  Queen Elizabeth Stakes and the Cox Plate were all held over that period with an increase in prizemoney (from already healthy numbers) then it's feasible. 

For instance,  the Dubai World Cup has identified late March as a window and that meeting does attract a lot of overseas representation. 

But I tend to think that things will largely remain the same ... however,  the 'Everest' race does change the landscape.  Interesting that the Pegasus World Cup held in January in the USA works off the same principle of selling 'slots' like the 'Everest'.  Maybe that is the future?

And that's a great video of Sea Biscuit - thanks for posting D77. 

• Like 2

Here are the replays of the 3 other Group 1 races from Saturday (Australian Oaks,  Sydney Cup & The Coolmore Legacy) ... there are 2 more Group 1 races coming up this Saturday at Randwick to finish the Autumn Carnival (before we venture off to Morphettville & Doomben for their big feature races!) ...

• Thanks 2

Here are the replays of the 3 other Group 1 races from Saturday (Australian Oaks,  Sydney Cup & The Coolmore Legacy) ... there are 2 more Group 1 races coming up this Saturday at Randwick to finish the Autumn Carnival (before we venture off to Morphettville & Doomben for their big feature races!) ...

G’day Macca.

Thanks for posting, this thread runs hot once a week unlike some of the other threads on the footy board, they will probably remain on fire for the next 8 days. Nice and calm over here, at least until I watch the Alizee race.:laugh:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Demon77 said:

G’day Macca.

Thanks for posting, this thread runs hot once a week unlike some of the other threads on the footy board, they will probably remain on fire for the next 8 days. Nice and calm over here, at least until I watch the Alizee race.:laugh:

Yep,  and the Hiyaam race and the Who Shot TheBarman race!  I should have stuck to my 3 - 5 - 5 Trifecta system.  Win bets and multi's are not for me but at least I'm sure of that now!  You live and learn D77.

Speaking of which,  why don't we change things up a bit and try and put together a Trifecta or a First4 in an upcoming feature race?  We could put the best bet idea on hold for a while and see if we have some luck in another area.  Just a thought. 

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

Yep,  and the Hiyaam race and the Who Shot TheBarman race!  I should have stuck to my 3 - 5 - 5 Trifecta system.  Win bets and multi's are not for me but at least I'm sure of that now!  You live and learn D77.

Speaking of which,  why don't we change things up a bit and try and put together a Trifecta or a First4 in an upcoming feature race?  We could put the best bet idea on hold for a while and see if we have some luck in another area.  Just a thought. 

Great suggestion Macca, I’m all for new suggestions and there’s definitely no harm in trying. 

It’s been difficult the last few weeks trying to find standouts, this way we can concentrate on a race or two and not having to worry about scouting far and wide.

• Like 2