Enough with wanting to pick up other clubs rejects

Parma

Well please enlighten me then master - you have still failed to enlighten me to why it would be a big loss if Rvio walks out??? Or do all you have to offer is insult and whining?

And how certian are you that he's been offered a contract by Geelong (HUN reports are always 100% spot on afterall)?? At no time have I said he wasn't a good ROLE player as 3rd tall fool - You've failed to see thats been my point - the MFC don't need a truckload of 3rd up defender with poor disposal...

Who cares anyway he's Max Gawn - you should PM me your postal address so I can mail you some tissues when the news is released

Geez I hate school holidays...

Well please enlighten me then master - you have still failed to enlighten me to why it would be a big loss if Rvio walks out??? Or do all you have to offer is insult and whining?

And how certian are you that he's been offered a contract by Geelong (HUN reports are always 100% spot on afterall)?? At no time have I said he wasn't a good ROLE player as 3rd tall fool - You've failed to see thats been my point - the MFC don't need a truckload of 3rd up defender with poor disposal...

Who cares anyway he's Max Gawn - you should PM me your postal address so I can mail you some tissues when the news is released

Rivers is much more than a 'third up defender with poor disposal'. He has experience and leadership, and on field he is tough at it and strong in the air (rare at the MFC) has fantastic composure under pressure which our back line sorely needs. Before he went forwards he was (on form) one of the best key backs in the comp and that is why people want him. You are massively underestimating Rivers and what he brings to the side.

Because of all that he will be a big loss and a massive hole in the side which I don't think we will be able to fill for some time, especially with the players on offer this year.

• Like 3

RolePlay-ers - v Real Talent?

This is a byproduct of the rotations X sports science. the "Roles" players play, is a tool thats grown from the running capacities, so 'part players' are now in 'Vogue', as a by product of the modern interchange bench.

Enter the 2+2 bench... running capacities drop, floods & presses are dismantled, & the running attacking game returns to power.

Skilled players & moreso, {real 'A' graders} will be back, like the Wayne Carey's & Tony Locketts, Ablett snr, & Peter Matera's of the footy world.

IMO we need to keep Drafting in our Class,,, & bring in the mature role players if we are to get ontop of our list managing.

The whole role player thing is a bit of a buzz word, phrase or whatever you like to call it. I remember hearing that great football genius Luke Darcy saying something like it's not the player it's the role.

Well let me say this, one thing that always holds true no matter what Luke or any others caught up in this role BS say, A grade players win games of football, and A grade players working as part of team environment win premierships.

When Adelaide needed to get back into the game it was Dangerfield and Walker that provided the spark and when Hawthorn needed to win it was Rioli, it wasn't a role, it was Cyril.

Sydney the ultimate role side, in my mind the ultimate team rely on Goodes, Jetta for the polish and some A grade mids in Kennedy, Bolton, O'Keefe and co.

...and "Dee" you are on the money about the changing face of the game, this is why Neeld and Misson have been working on the teams fitness and mobility, blind Freddie can see the AFL will not let this rugby maul thing go on, 2+2 or capped interchange will come in and the game will open up a lot more.

...and "Dee" you are on the money about the changing face of the game, this is why Neeld and Misson have been working on the teams fitness and mobility, blind Freddie can see the AFL will not let this rugby maul thing go on, 2+2 or capped interchange will come in and the game will open up a lot more.

Blind Freddie has enough on his plate with the tanking investigation. I don't think he needs to get roped into the rules committee as well.

Mate you can do your own groundwork, I'm not going back over all the re-signings of top players during the year for you.

Thanks. So what you're saying is would should have been able to sign an A grader that resigned with their existing club. And also you say that we couldn't sign them because we're Melbourne and we're crap.

Do you think maybe they resigned because they were more than happy at their existing club, I mean they didn't leave and go anywhere else either. So we're on par with the 17 clubs that didn't manage to sign them.

(It's Friday and I feel like an argument)

I think many people under estimate the power of the $$$

We, considering the shithouse 2012 season should be the most proactive club during october...

We have a young list with older players wanting out...No other club will be more cashed up than the MFC

I don't count GC or GW$ they write their own ticket.

We will be active...Our list will be radically different.

To say we are Melbourne, thus nobody will want to join the club is absolute Garbage.

Although it would have been easier if we had taken Luke Ball when he slipped under our nose.

But $$$ does talk...

• Like 1

I think many people under estimate the power of the $$$

We, considering the shithouse 2012 season should be the most proactive club during october...

We have a young list with older players wanting out...No other club will be more cashed up than the MFC

I don't count GC or GW$ they write their own ticket.

We will be active...Our list will be radically different.

To say we are Melbourne, thus nobody will want to join the club is absolute Garbage.

Although it would have been easier if we had taken Luke Ball when he slipped under our nose.

But $$$ does talk...

Hardly garbage, haven't you heard about how Caddy supposedly turned down an meeting with us and has requested to go to Collingwood? Obviously we could offer him more money but he is chasing success. How about Luke Ball? Why the hell do you think Rivers is leaving WYL? He isn't chasing money - we could offer him more than anyone. He is after some success, which has been stated by Neeld and I completely understand.

Everyone has different values and it seems that many hold success and other factors, rather than money, in high esteem.

• Like 2

Hardly garbage, haven't you heard about how Caddy supposedly turned down an meeting with us and has requested to go to Collingwood? Obviously we could offer him more money but he is chasing success. How about Luke Ball? Why the hell do you think Rivers is leaving WYL? He isn't chasing money - we could offer him more than anyone. He is after some success, which has been stated by Neeld and I completely understand.

Everyone has different values and it seems that many hold success and other factors, rather than money, in high esteem.

Mate, for the few that run...Fine. GO

But please we all know every man has his price....and we have Cash to spend.

Target the right people.

Who gives a F%^&k about Caddy, he is so far no more than a name with potential.

Mate, for the few that run...Fine. GO

But please we all know every man has his price....and we have Cash to spend.

Target the right people.

Who gives a F%^&k about Caddy, he is so far no more than a name with potential.

I totally agree about Caddy, I would have been really annoyed if we had used a pick to get him but it was just an example.

My point is that some people just can't be bought, and that success is more important to them. Hopefully we can find some players that respond to the cheque book but the reality is we have nothing else to offer.

Funny thing about Jared is that he's respected (mostly) at MFC and he's important at MFC.

I suspect no one begrudges him leaving but I doubt he's going to have respect, importance or success at the Cats.

Maybe some Finals but no flags I reckon.

• Like 1

Pure genius. The old "I know you are but what am I" with a modern twist... How do you do it?!

Haha funny...... pot calling the kettle black at all???

Anyway we were never going to agree on Rivo's value to the team - So let me ask you this....

Do you accept Rivers is gawn? Do you think Garland/Frawley/T Mac/Davis & Sellar will be able to cope without him?

I totally agree about Caddy, I would have been really annoyed if we had used a pick to get him but it was just an example.

My point is that some people just can't be bought, and that success is more important to them. Hopefully we can find some players that respond to the cheque book but the reality is we have nothing else to offer.

As i said mate, The ones who want to go....GO

This club is going to pick itself up off the canvas with the right attitude....We saw a glimpse of this last year with Mitch Clark.

If the MFC target the right people we will do fine....Good Cash deals with incentives.

There are many players who have been starved of opportunities...Seek them out

The Filth will be tight now the Cloke deal is done...Caddy can take his chance...

But as i said, we the MFC should be the most active club in the month of October...as our list is the most putrid.

• Like 1

As i said mate, The ones who want to go....GO

This club is going to pick itself up off the canvas with the right attitude....We saw a glimpse of this last year with Mitch Clark.

If the MFC target the right people we will do fine....Good Cash deals with incentives.

There are many players who have been starved of opportunities...Seek them out

The Filth will be tight now the Cloke deal is done...Caddy can take his chance...

But as i said, we the MFC should be the most active club in the month of October...as our list is the most putrid.

I don't think we will be as active as you think WYL, most of our work will be done in the drafts and add maybe 2 to 3 targeted players from FA and or trade. Maybe wrong but that's how I see it.

Its not up to Caddy where he goes - its up to the gold coast.

But anyway, I dont agree with this point. We might have to pay overs to get some talent but some will realise that we have a lot of draft picks that might come on and an a-grade might go from being one of many at one club to a leader and hero at MFC. And some good leadership of that calibre might help bring on some of our draft picks. Opportunities, salary cap pressure in other teams with more scope for longer contracts at MFC. Mayeb even history.

I don't think we will be as active as you think WYL, most of our work will be done in the drafts and add maybe 2 to 3 targeted players from FA and or trade. Maybe wrong but that's how I see it.

Given that all evidence suggests that we have nearly sounded out every availably free agent and made numerous approaches for trades already the evidence doesnt support that opinion.

Its not up to Caddy where he goes - its up to the gold coast.

But anyway, I dont agree with this point. We might have to pay overs to get some talent but some will realise that we have a lot of draft picks that might come on and an a-grade might go from being one of many at one club to a leader and hero at MFC. And some good leadership of that calibre might help bring on some of our draft picks. Opportunities, salary cap pressure in other teams with more scope for longer contracts at MFC. Mayeb even history.

I reckon the player has the leverage here tbh. Out of contract and desperate to come home. He can bend the club over a barrel and demand they trade him to a club such as Collingwood and threaten to walk to the draft otherwise. Of course GC have a higher pick than Collingwood but there is no way they'd use it that way.

Given that all evidence suggests that we have nearly sounded out every availably free agent and made numerous approaches for trades already the evidence doesnt support that opinion.

Rumours don't equate to evidence "Norm", as I said I may be wrong so lets wait and see.

How Bad is our list in comparison to other clubs??

We have no choice but to trade hard....If the club does not improve drastically next year...i have paid my last membership.

I refuse to support incompetence with more money?

Funny thing about Jared is that he's respected (mostly) at MFC and he's important at MFC.

I suspect no one begrudges him leaving but I doubt he's going to have respect, importance or success at the Cats.

Maybe some Finals but no flags I reckon.

Too True, but a fresh start can be invigorating, & for us as well.

How Bad is our list in comparison to other clubs??

We have no choice but to trade hard....If the club does not improve drastically next year...i have paid my last membership.

I refuse to support incompetance with more money?

Yeah we do, we can draft well including players from State leagues in the PSD. More draft picks (from our FA) will give us better trading options for the 2 - 3 players we have targeted. It's not going to be scatter gun but by being smart I still think we will turnover something like 10 players which will be a substantial list change.

Then with ongoing development of Grimes, Trengove, Jones, Watts, Blease, McDonald, Frawley, Garland, Silvia, Clark and co. with another full Misson pre season and I think your membership will be safe.