Collingwood v Casey Scorpions

KC from Casey

Cant believe i have to say this but my comment was meant to be a sarcastic rebuke against people who seem to enjoy seeing the failing development of our young high draft picks such as cook (as well as gysberts and others)

I personally am one who is flying the flag for cook specifically in opposition of those calling for his immediate delisting...the club recruited him as a rake knowing that he would need time to bulk up and while its a new fd in charge now i think it would be a waste to deny him that time now.

Sorry to sidetrack the thread, back to the main point

Petropolous was named in the best again, does he roam up the ground or stay inside 50 and as much info on tynan as possible would be appreciated. think that kid could be as good of a pick up from the 50s a T Mc.

Cheers for all info KC, they should have you on the mfc.com payroll

Cant believe i have to say this but my comment was meant to be a sarcastic rebuke against people who seem to enjoy seeing the failing development of our young high draft picks such as cook (as well as gysberts and others)

I personally am one who is flying the flag for cook specifically in opposition of those calling for his immediate delisting...the club recruited him as a rake knowing that he would need time to bulk up and while its a new fd in charge now i think it would be a waste to deny him that time now.

Sorry to sidetrack the thread, back to the main point

Petropolous was named in the best again, does he roam up the ground or stay inside 50 and as much info on tynan as possible would be appreciated. think that kid could be as good of a pick up from the 50s a T Mc.

Cheers for all info KC, they should have you on the mfc.com payroll

Rolly Cook's big problem is that almost all the people in the FD who had the hots for him when recruited are no longer around.

I get the feeling he would not get recruited at 12 by the current FD.

Even as a rake that was going to take some time he has produced very little at Casey.

The Current FD may have very little affection for him, not their choice and he looks like taking every week of the next two years to come good.

The current FD will not survive if the Dees do not improve substantially in the next 18 months so Cook will give them little in that time.

They may feel that he is expendable as he will give them little in the time they have to put their case for continuing past 2014.

Rolly Cook's big problem is that almost all the people in the FD who had the hots for him when recruited are no longer around.

I get the feeling he would not get recruited at 12 by the current FD.

Even as a rake that was going to take some time he has produced very little at Casey.

The Current FD may have very little affection for him, not their choice and he looks like taking every week of the next two years to come good.

The current FD will not survive if the Dees do not improve substantially in the next 18 months so Cook will give them little in that time.

They may feel that he is expendable as he will give them little in the time they have to put their case for continuing past 2014.

Still there are plenty of others who would face the chop before Cook.

love how we say things like "The Current FD may have very little affection for him" Like you or anyone else know what the football department think of players.... all just speculation and guessing from the outside.

Lets focus our attention on people like Dunn, Bate and co who have been around for years giving us nothing. Not a skinny 20yo KPP.....

Still there are plenty of others who would face the chop before Cook.

May be Neita3000

I was just putting a case as to why he may be unloved by the current FD.

I will be surprised if he is not offered another contract.

I think the length of the offer will be interesting.

Of course he may be pis--d off with the MFC and looking at alternatives as well

love how we say things like "The Current FD may have very little affection for him" Like you or anyone else know what the football department think of players.... all just speculation and guessing from the outside.

Lets focus our attention on people like Dunn, Bate and co who have been around for years giving us nothing. Not a skinny 20yo KPP.....

So we cannot discuss both Don24?

I was just making an observation on a possible scenario.

Like you I have no idea what they think of him.

He does seem to be slipping out of the frame at Casey, listed as an interchange player the last two weeks

but it is interesting to discuss the possibilities don't you think?

May be Neita3000

I was just putting a case as to why he may be unloved by the current FD.

I will be surprised if he is not offered another contract.

I think the length of the offer will be interesting.

Of course he may be pis--d off with the MFC and looking at alternatives as well

See this is just speculation though.

Neeld has been consistent in his line all year that he will not give games out to players, and doesn't believe that it would benefit their development. Not sure where this assumption has mutated into being unloved by the current FD.

If he was recruited as a project then he will take a few years. The current FD will know that just the same as the old FD.

Chris Dawes took a fair amount of time to get a game at the Pies if I recall, it wasn't for building up bulk, but still, he had to wait until he commanded a place.

I think I heard Maxwell(or some other CFC "person") talking about their VFL team and said that what a great future the Club had because of their upcoming players who had had two years in the VFL to develop. There doesnt seem the predeliction of some of those here who want to move young underdeveloped players into the Seniors. I bet Watts wouldn't have played against Collingwood in his first game in the Seniors if Neeld had been around then. Imagine Cook, Evans and Williams with another season in the VFL under their belts

See this is just speculation though.

Neeld has been consistent in his line all year that he will not give games out to players, and doesn't believe that it would benefit their development. Not sure where this assumption has mutated into being unloved by the current FD.

If he was recruited as a project then he will take a few years. The current FD will know that just the same as the old FD.

Chris Dawes took a fair amount of time to get a game at the Pies if I recall, it wasn't for building up bulk, but still, he had to wait until he commanded a place.

Yes Oucher it is I never put it out as anything else.

I wrote "I was just putting a case as to why he may be unloved by the current FD."

99.9% of what is written on Demonland is speculation

Without speculation there would be nothing on Demonland.

Are you suggesting we only comment on things we know to be 100% correct?

If so it will not take me long to read the threads in the future.

Great work KC. How did you rate Moloney's game? Interested that he wasn't in the best. Body language ok?

Also interested in Fitzpatrick. Goal kicking aside, has he shown enough to consider him as a KPF in the future?

Firstly and no disrespect to the players named in the bests, it was a very even team performance and I wouldn't necessarily agree with a couple of the players included. IMO Moloney was good enough to get in the best six (as was Viney).

Fitzpatrick had a bad day with his kicking for goal and missed quite a few shots in the blustery conditions. I'm a believer in coaches doing more than just getting teams fit and developing tactics and strategies. There's too much talk around of players being dumped because their not fit enough, fast enough or strong enough but I'd like to see our football department work on developing player skills in the off season. If we can get Fitzpatrick's kicking for goal right as well as work on his weight and strength we might have a player.

Firstly and no disrespect to the players named in the bests, it was a very even team performance and I wouldn't necessarily agree with a couple of the players included. IMO Moloney was good enough to get in the best six (as was Viney).

Fitzpatrick had a bad day with his kicking for goal and missed quite a few shots in the blustery conditions. I'm a believer in coaches doing more than just getting teams fit and developing tactics and strategies. There's too much talk around of players being dumped because their not fit enough, fast enough or strong enough but I'd like to see our football department work on developing player skills in the off season. If we can get Fitzpatrick's kicking for goal right as well as work on his weight and strength we might have a player.

Thanks. Keep up the good work.