Ultimate Footy - Norm Smith League

Old Man Rivers

Very excited to receive an absolute belting this week, just hoping I can start to field a halfway decent forward line towards the end of the season so that I can make finals!

Scarlett, Eth and Mad_Melbourne ... you have trade offers on the table waiting.

Tomorrow (22nd July) is deadline day!

Scarlett, Eth and Mad_Melbourne ... you have trade offers on the table waiting.

Tomorrow (22nd July) is deadline day!

It was my understanding that the cut off was Sunday night, 1 minute before midnight, re 22nd July @11.59pm

Very excited to receive an absolute belting this week, just hoping I can start to field a halfway decent forward line towards the end of the season so that I can make finals!

So was I but got over the line.Interesting round to play you next week. Hope we have a great match similar to the one I have just had with Robbo.Sweetest win , I have ever had- it was like winning with a kick after the siren.

Another Huge round in Ultimate Footy

Dane Swan - 49 disposals if you dont mind, launched me over the line against Whacko Jako

Very excited to have Kieren Jack & Jack Darling joining the line up this week for the run home.

JCB V Robbo was a massive game. Great job JCB getting over line, that result has definately helped keep my slim finals hopes alive.

Scarlett taking out Dappa Dan also very important in the final shaping of the ladder.

Well done to all other winners, lots of twists & turns still to come in the last 2 home & away rounds.

Edited by Old Man Rivers

The deal on right now is an interesting one as I understand completely why Ablett is worth quite a few players but 5?

This trade would make DD a very strong team.

A very strong team.

I am thinking RR got a great deal for Selwood...

The deal on right now is an interesting one as I understand completely why Ablett is worth quite a few players but 5?

A very strong team.

I naturally agree - it is not just buying or trying to buy a premiership , it is trying to create a position for next year. Rules and regulations have to be implemented to stop this happening or at least We should be able to place our views.If Dappa can get this through, it is good by fellow finalists for year 2012. Come on coaches, wake up.

A very strong team.

Compared to that trade, definitely. But things were always going to get a bit crazy on deadline night.

Is it fair this trade? That's the question. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets voted down.

I naturally agree - it is not just buying or trying to buy a premiership , it is trying to create a position for next year. Rules and regulations have to be implemented to stop this happening or at least We should be able to place our views.If Dappa can get this through, it is good by fellow finalists for year 2012. Come on coaches, wake up.

I have just voted against it. THis trade shouldn't go through IMO.

In fact it is heading toward farcical, really.

This is the kind of trade that JCB should be up in arms about.

With this in mind I think we should wait to arrange the draft order and weigh it on who has the 'highest' keepers from the teams that miss the finals - not on who finishes last.

So scarlett can trade away these players for number 2 but if he pairs Ablett with a Swallow at 16 he will have a score of 18 and be lower in the draft order. For example Eth might finish higher on the ladder but have Cloke (prob around 30) and Boyd (10) as his keepers and have a score of 40 and be 'higher' in the draft order.

Please discuss this as an option, as I don't want to veto trades between two people trying to do the best for their future, but I want there to be some desire to keep competing.

Alternatively, we can have a 'draft order determined by how teams have played when mathematically unable to make finals' (this is a favourite of Bill Simmons at Grantland). But I know this is another change mid-season but it is one that rewards teams competing till the end. Essentially the team with the best record 'post-mathematical chance to make finals' gets the top pick and so-on.

And discuss that too...

Heads up for the two boys in this trade - you don't want to have this vetoed during the week when you can't have a chance to change it.

I would alter it if you want to get it through...

Or you can roll the dice.

I am ambivalent at the moment because the rules we agreed to encourages this, but this just looks very jarring on paper.

I say we implement a 'best team after mathematical chance is gone' gets first pick rule retroactively.

It rewards people are keep fighting it out while still giving everyone who missed the finals a top 10 pick.

In fact it is heading toward farcical, really.

This is the kind of trade that JCB should be up in arms about.

With this in mind I think we should wait to arrange the draft order and weigh it on who has the 'highest' keepers from the teams that miss the finals - not on who finishes last.

So scarlett can trade away these players for number 2 but if he pairs Ablett with a Swallow at 16 he will have a score of 18 and be lower in the draft order. For example Eth might finish higher on the ladder but have Cloke (prob around 30) and Boyd (10) as his keepers and have a score of 40 and be 'higher' in the draft order.

Please discuss this as an option, as I don't want to veto trades between two people trying to do the best for their future, but I want there to be some desire to keep competing.

Alternatively, we can have a 'draft order determined by how teams have played when mathematically unable to make finals' (this is a favourite of Bill Simmons at Grantland). But I know this is another change mid-season but it is one that rewards teams competing till the end. Essentially the team with the best record 'post-mathematical chance to make finals' gets the top pick and so-on.

And discuss that too...

I can't say I agree with this as I have been trying all season but have simply been crap. Haven't been trying to tank at all, fielding teams in all games.

I would think given my struggles I would figure at the pointy end of the draft as it were.

* Edit ... or perhaps I've misunderstood what you mean in your proposal Rpfc?

Two proposals.

1st one adds up two keepers UF rating and gives the highest accumulated number the number one pick. Isn't perfect but gives the non-finals team with the 'worst' two keepers the highest pick. And the second 'worst' keepers the second pick and so on. Let me know what you think.

2nd one rewards competitiveness post mathematical chance to make finals. Understand the desire not to change this so late but it is such a good idea for people to keep fighting and still get a top 10 pick.

I say we implement a 'best team after mathematical chance is gone' gets first pick rule retroactively.

It rewards people are keep fighting it out while still giving everyone who missed the finals a top 10 pick.

Agree with this entirely RPFC - Encourages all to keep fighting to the death

You won't make the finals, but if you want the No. 1 Draft pick you keep improving all season long.

Thumbs up for option 2 from OMR.

Edited by Old Man Rivers

Two proposals.

1st one adds up two keepers UF rating and gives the highest accumulated number the number one pick. Isn't perfect but gives the non-finals team with the 'worst' two keepers the highest pick. And the second 'worst' keepers the second pick and so on. Let me know what you think.

2nd one rewards competitiveness post mathematical chance to make finals. Understand the desire not to change this so late but it is such a good idea for people to keep fighting and still get a top 10 pick.

I quite like the first one. Seems reasonably fair.

Number 2 I agree a bit unfair to make that change at this late stage given the strategies some of us outside the 8 have followed.

All I know is that I'm sitting third from bottom despite trying to win every week. Sure I have a couple of decent keepers but I'd expect a bit of a leg up at the draft for 2013.

Edited by Range Rover

I vetoed.

I am sorry, I had a look at DD's team and he will go from having 4 players in the top 100 to 8 after this draft.

My team has 3. I would stand no chance and while I realise you are just doing what you think is best to WIN the game.

So am I.

I like the first one - though we'd add up all four keepers wouldn't we?

Maybe, but the kids are no world beaters no matter who you have. I don't want an Ablett and Swan with a Scully and the 500th player on UF.

The two keepers define a team and everyone will try to get the highest they can.

This is so, it is just a complete joke,if this trade goes through, it is like gainng five of the best ( inthe top 50) for a top 3 player.Actually outrages in my opinion.If this gets through, it will be bastarising the league. Isn'tvDappa the brother of Jack Attack, our overseer.?

UF league page lists the trade as officially vetoed.

I like the first one - though we'd add up all four keepers wouldn't we?

Can't we wait till after the season and sought out some rules etc,that will make us all happy, but we cannot let this last trade go through -,for all of our sakes.