NFL

Dappa Dan

4 hours ago, Macca said:

Hey Gorg do the 49ers play next Sunday oz time as well?

Thinking of getting a few mates together at the local in Kew ... and anyone here might want to roll up for the double-header

Skinny Dog?

Hoping for another Sunday game bad.

4 minutes ago, layzie said:

Skinny Dog?

Hoping for another Sunday game bad.

Yes, the old Greyhound, layz

Terrific pub (no pokies) and I've never seen a hint of trouble.  Earthy with a few areas to mix (including a rooftop bar now) Famous for their Parma's although I've never had one

I'll let everyone here know if it's on (depends on the match-ups)

And a great win to the Jags.  Chargers just stopped as if shot!

Leaderboard Post Season Tipping Comp

4 - Go the Biff, Clintosaurus

3 - Dr. Gonzo, Macca

2 - Gorgoroth, DemonDave, JV7, DeeSpencer

1 - Dee Zephyr

0 - layzie

7 hours ago, Macca said:

Yes, the old Greyhound, layz

Terrific pub (no pokies) and I've never seen a hint of trouble.  Earthy with a few areas to mix (including a rooftop bar now) Famous for their Parma's although I've never had one

I'll let everyone here know if it's on (depends on the match-ups)

And a great win to the Jags.  Chargers just stopped as if shot!

Yeah I read about the new rooftop bar today actually. Definitely an old fav, last time I was there was for our Alice game against Port.

How bout the Jags and T-Lawrence!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, layzie said:

Yeah I read about the new rooftop bar today actually. Definitely an old fav, last time I was there was for our Alice game against Port.

How bout the Jags and T-Lawrence!

Yeah I meet up at the Skinny Dog with 4 or 5 Demon mates for our interstate games

Always a good day and we end up catching up with some Kew locals who are Demons as well

And an amazing win by the Jags

9 hours ago, Macca said:

Yeah I meet up at the Skinny Dog with 4 or 5 Demon mates for our interstate games

Always a good day and we end up catching up with some Kew locals who are Demons as well

And an amazing win by the Jags

Plenty of Demon locals in Kew that's for sure. Was there a lot when I was living in Kew for footy and UFC events, and also Parmageddon. 

Bills and Dolphins: How they got that spot I'll never know. Can't overturn without clear evidence though.

Schedule for next week (probable)

Sunday 8.30am Jags @ Chiefs

Sunday 12.15pm Giants @ Eagles

Monday 7.00am Cinci @ Buffalo

Monday 10.30am Cowboys/Tampa @ San Francisco

Leaderboard Post Season Tipping Comp

8 - Clintosaurus,  Go the Biff,  Dr. Gonzo

7 - DeeSpencer

6 - Gorgoroth

5 - DemonDave,  JV7,  Macca

4 - Dee Zephyr

3 - layzie

Dallas @ Tampa the final game

Been some good tipping and margins in the first week!  A 4/5 parlay would have paid off for a couple here (that's including the margin brackets) 

Dear diary,

What a day of National Football League playoffs. Back to the old grind tomorrow but taking this Mon off was a real treat. 

The Bills got the job done but there are concerns. I won't rule them out though because they do make big plays when it counts. We'll see how they go against the Bengals.

Speaking of the Bengals, did we mention the Bengals? What a game! The Ravens gave everything they had in their tank and ran, socked and teamed. How about Huntley's effort on the enzone, inches from breaking the plane then fumble and returned for a 98 yard house call by Sam Hubbard. A two TD turnaround! Bengals advance and I don't know about you guys but I'm loving watching them at the moment. Burrow as accurate as they come and a great roster top to bottom. Can they be there on SB Sunday again? Yes is the answer to that question.

The New York Football Giants are back at the pointy end and let's be honest every one of us is terrified (not really) because we know that this is a franchise that you don't rule out in play-offs. I never thought the Vikings would win the Superbowl and the reason being that I just didn't, I didn't tell this to you all out of respect though. Jefferson and Kirk Cousins flim flam man go home.

Bucs and Cowboys tomorrow which I will not get to see live but here's hoping the man with the plan TB12 has one more vintage performance in him.

There's an old saying that you don't know what's there until it's there. Or something like that.

Game times have been announced and if you look really closely at me right now you can literally see the steam coming from my ears as TB/DAL @ SF is going to be Monday midday. Gonna needa lawyer to get me out of this one.

Edited by layzie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Question for you guys: Biggest winner and biggest loser out of Wildcard weekend so far? 

Biggest winner for me is the Giants. Nothing to lose, their young QB Jones and playoff starved Barkley stepped up to the plate big time!

Biggest loser is the Chargers. Because, yeah..

4 minutes ago, layzie said:

Question for you guys: Biggest winner and biggest loser out of Wildcard weekend so far? 

Biggest winner for me is the Giants. Nothing to lose, their young QB Jones and playoff starved Barkley stepped up to the plate big time!

Biggest loser is the Chargers. Because, yeah..

49ers did well once they got their game going ... vs Tampa or Dallas next up isn't daunting

Jags did well but @ KC next is a task. 

Giants @ Eagles next Sunday lunchtime could be a ripper!

10 minutes ago, Macca said:

49ers did well once they got their game going ... vs Tampa or Dallas next up isn't daunting

Jags did well but @ KC next is a task. 

Giants @ Eagles next Sunday lunchtime could be a ripper!

Yeah Giants and Eagles could well be the popcorn match on Sun.