• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Cameron Schwab ustream

Cam Schwab

You are Spot On DC. pictures have NEVER looks Sharper or more Clearer, and we rarely get Mud anymore like the good old days.

If somebody cannot see the difference between two Teams Jumpers on a HD Flat Screen (soon to Be 3 D) then they are Blind & it is not the fault of the Football club Jumpers.

As i said. Clash Jumpers are NOT worn in September, which i would have thought is the most important Part.

No the AFL make all their coin during the 22 H & A rounds make no mistake and they will maximize Ground revenues for this reason B)

You want my thoughts ( which you probably don't ) I think it is not too far off.

It may be ten years but guess what finishing first or second will bring in the future!!!!

You get to wear your normal jumper throughout the finals and the others have to wear white where there is a clash!!!

Now remember I am only the messenger.

Edited by old dee

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee I am realy glad I raised this subject!

There are a lot of you out there with missonary zeal when the white jumper gets mentioned.

Must watch who's car I step in front of in the future.

Actually like to be around when we salute next time.

You have Rolled over & accepted the AFL spin Old Dee.

Others including myself will never do that (Mate i hated that Light Blue Jumper we wore in the '80's) Red Yolk with Dark Blue......red Socks is all i ask.

I had to watch Liam Jurrah Take Mark of The Year in that Crappy white thing!! In 10-15 years People will look at that photo and say "Who did he play for" or "What Jumper is that??" F@#$k That.

This Club deserves Better Treatment B)

Red & Light Blue will mean we are deemed to Clash old dee, Just you wait.

Thanks for the update, i only care about Melbourne so news on our enemies i usually gather a little later!!

I guess we will know next year!

I know it is very important to you and a lot of others

but I have got used to it and as long as we win I will endure it.

You want my thoughts ( which you probably don't ) I think it is not too far off.

It may be ten years but guess what finishing first or second will bring in the future!!!!

You get to wear your normal jumper throughout the finals and the others have to wear white where there is a clash!!!

Now remember I am only the messenger.

You could be right.....BUT

Crowds will taper off Old Dee that is all i am going to say if that happens. Remember the AFL Loves MONEY....

Edited by why you little

I guess we will know next year!

I know it is very important to you and a lot of others

but I have got used to it and as long as we win I will endure it.

But old Dee how can you get used to it when they are not our colours???

You must have been there at the western oval in '87. Did you have any problem working out that R Flower had taken that Hanger in the Goal Square...??? I didn't!!!

You No the AFL make all their coin during the 22 H & A rounds make no mistake and they will maximize Ground revenues for this reason B)

No disrespect WYL but I have a problem believing the AFL could be that cynical or conniving. I like to bash Dimwit and the AFL as much as anyone but if there is truth in that I'd be really disillusioned. Call me naive

But old Dee how can you get used to it when they are not our colours???

You must have been there at the western oval in '87. Did you have any problem working out that R Flower had taken that Hanger in the Goal Square...??? I didn't!!!

Sorry I missed that one, Western oval was not big on my list of grounds to go to.

Guest ThemOldRedlegs

Sorry I missed that one, Western oval was not big on my list of grounds to go to.

Well i feel sorry for you. That was one of the best days in our clubs history!!

I loved the Wwestern oval. I used to make $5.00 as a kid crshing cans and putting them into garbage bags!

Ps; this thread is way off topic. Take it to the thread i bumped.

You could be right.....BUT

Crowds will taper off Old Dee that is all i am going to say if that happens. Remember the AFL Loves MONEY....

I do not think so but I could be wrong I can remember the occasions when I was wrong( just a joke there ).

Would you stay away from a preliminary final because the dees were wearing their white jumper?

Let me know I will take your seat.

Perhaps I am just cynical but I do not believe peole would stay away because of the white jumper.

Do I detect a little hesitation there Old Dee?

We'll swing you around yet (despite your venerable years)

Daisycutter lets get this straight I like everyone else would much prefer to play every game in our red and blue jumper.

I do not want to play in the white jumper!

I just think we are spitting into the wind.

No disrespect WYL but I have a problem believing the AFL could be that cynical or conniving. I like to bash Dimwit and the AFL as much as anyone but if there is truth in that I'd be really disillusioned. Call me naive

Just look at the Figures during the year...8 Games, 8 Loads of Home Ground Crowds...Visitor numbers are minimal in comparison.

The Finals actually cost Money to both clubs & the AFL quite often- I notice with interest that Etihad is not being used this year. Hmmmm it does cost a lot that joint.

Its just understanding how marketing works DC Have a close look at the Fixture for this year-it is all weighted to make Money and give exposure, now that isn't always bad-The Players are now well paid for putting on a great show for 6 months, BUT i consider the clash Jumper Shite going too far,

and you can be sure when the next Broadcast rights are settled it will get even more Greedy. With over a Billion spent the Networks shall DEMAND the utmost Returns.

I loved the Wwestern oval. I used to make $5.00 as a kid crshing cans and putting them into garbage bags!

Don't feel sorry for me I have had my share of good days and expect to have a lot more

even if they are in a white jumper ( sorry could not help myself )

Guest ThemOldRedlegs

I do not think so but I could be wrong I can remember the occasions when I was wrong( just a joke there ).

Would you stay away from a preliminary final because the dees were wearing their white jumper?

Perhaps I am just cynical but I do not believe peole would stay away because of the white jumper.

I wouldn't give a stuff what we were wearing, but I do want to see us redesign the jumper so it resembles a traditional MFC jumper. That I can live with.

The current Batman looking angry one is crap! Not as bad as some other clubs, but anything with a modern logo on it makes me sick!

I would go to the Football for a while, but if we were continually wearing that White thing my interest would slowly wane, no doubt.

I Barrack for the Red & Blue. Period. It costs me a lot of coin to get to the 'G and if i am denied my colours well i might go and see a film instead. B)

Daisycutter lets get this straight I like everyone else would much prefer to play every game in our red and blue jumper.

I do not want to play in the white jumper!

I just think we are spitting into the wind.

Hmmmm, you need more working on than I thought ;) (just kidding you)

I would go to the Football for a while, but if we were continually wearing that White thing my interest would slowly wane, no doubt.

I Barrack for the Red & Blue. Period. It costs me a lot of coin to get to the 'G and if i am denied my colours well i might go and see a film instead. B)

I cannot remember but how many times did we wear it this year?

I think the only games I went to were Carlton at the "G" and the Brisbane game.

There were obviously others I just do not remember them.

Probably indicates that I have got used to it and the AFL has seduced one!

Indeed!

The coaches Boxes on the Western Oval Wing were just a trip in themselves, i miss those suburban grounds so much.

The Jokes in the crowd are no where near as funny as they used to be.

The end was when the Goal umpires were de-robed & de Hatted and put in a Baseball Kit!

The coaches Boxes on the Western Oval Wing were just a trip in themselves, i miss those suburban grounds so much.

The end was when the Goal umpires were de-robed & de Hatted and put in a Baseball Kit!

We are far too politically correct now.

While I do miss some of those grounds I do not miss windy hill and people pissing in bottles because you could not leave your spot.

Everyone complains about visits to Collingwood I think Windy hill was the pits, easily the worst ground and supporters!

I definitely don't miss those striped dressing gowns they wore on the bench - UGH

We are far too politically correct now.

While I do miss some of those grounds I do not miss windy hill and people pissing in bottles because you could not leave your spot.

Everyone complains about visits to Collingwood I think Windy hill was the pits, easily the worst ground and supporters!

Windy Hill was far worse than Vic Park i agree, that outer Flank concrete area was Toxic.