Luke Tapscott

hoopla

Just noticed that Luke Tapscott has not been named for either Casey team this week.

Has anyone heard anything about an injury or illness.He'll certainly need to play the two remaining games with Casey to qualify for the experience of participation in the VFL finals.I trust he hasn't suffered any major setbacks.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaaah, [censored].

i agree with your sentiments. but i'm really excited to see him next year.

Tapscott, Blease, Gysberts and even Strauss are 4 top 20 picks who next year will have a chance to come in and make an impact.

Always good to have young players pushing for spots, and these guys are all very talented.

One positive is that Blease and Tapscott will be bargain dreamteam pick ups next year

Tapscott, Blease, Gysberts and even Strauss are 4 top 20 picks who next year will have a chance to come in and make an impact.

Always good to have young players pushing for spots, and these guys are all very talented.

One positive is that Blease and Tapscott will be bargain dreamteam pick ups next year

I reckon Strauss is coming from a looooooong way back.

The others I am reasonably excited about.

Oh yeah. It's just my own greediness... I'm likely to be out of the country for some of next season. Wanted to see him debut in the red and blue.

Prioritising. Demonland style.

Didn't want to say it. But yes...

I agree. however us demonlanders have written off too many youngsters too early for me not to have learnt my lesson.

If i recall... in their second seasons at the club...

Bail= certain delisting

Garland= hopeless certain delisting

Dunn= has no position, lacks skills and smarts and is 192cm so certain failture

Bartram= will never recover from a season long injury

Frawley= gets rag dolled too much. His kicking is pathetic

Sylvia= doesn't have the right mind-set to ever be a great player

Should i go on...

Its important to remember this is Strauss' second season only. Another pre-season could do him the world of good.

He might end up a dud, but still too early

Its important to remember this is Strauss' second season only. Another pre-season could do him the world of good.

Fair call ....

But just to check - has he had his contract extended past this year?

( and good hear that Tapscott's injury is not serious)

Sure.

I think it's important to acknowledge that the dissatisfaction emanating from here is only in its embryonic stage. Like it says above, he's coming from a loooong way back. It's not like he said he'll never make it.

And believe me, I learned my lesson the hard way. There's only one player I ever wrote off. And he's now the second best ruckman in the league.

Well it was nice, until Tapscott came off second best.

still if nothing else we no he's not shy of a bit of man-o-man stuff.

Guest DeesPower

I agree on tapscott and Gysberts. Not sure about Strauss - he lacksintensityfor mine. Bleeze is having shocker at Visy - gets the ball ok butsprays it everywhere including a shot strIght in front that went out of bounds. I think he has also lost a yard in pacesince drafting due to serious injury.

Atthis rate I think he mightend up another Brock McLean.

I agree on tapscott and Gysberts. Not sure about Strauss - he lacksintensityfor mine. Bleeze is having shocker at Visy - gets the ball ok butsprays it everywhere including a shot strIght in front that went out of bounds. I think he has also lost a yard in pacesince drafting due to serious injury.

in what way?

Statements like this make you sound like you have no idea what you're talking about.

Very, very different players at vastly different stages of their careers.

I can't see any parallels between the 2.

Sure.

I think it's important to acknowledge that the dissatisfaction emanating from here is only in its embryonic stage. Like it says above, he's coming from a loooong way back. It's not like he said he'll never make it.

And believe me, I learned my lesson the hard way. There's only one player I ever wrote off. And he's now the second best ruckman in the league.

I saw Dean Bailey at a function recently and asked him to pass on my apologies to same ruckman!!!

Did you happen to notice it was a bit windy today?

Guest DeesPower

in what way?

Statements like this make you sound like you have no idea what you're talking about.

Very, very different players at vastly different stages of their careers.

I can't see any parallels between the 2.

I didn't mean they were similar players. What I meant was that McLean ended up as unfulfilled potential, as I'm afraid Bleeze might, but in his case I think he has been cruelly struck down by injury which has robbed him of his elite potential - his pace and his skill.

I hope I'm wrong, but at the moment that's what it looks like to me watching him at Casey