Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Scully and Trengove on footy show

The Great One 99

Scared me a little that Jack said about the club being a great place to start his career... maybe he was just like a bunny in headlights on the show. But he kind of gave me the impression that he'll be gone in a few years.

Did anyone else get this feeling?

I thought this at the start but i think i am looking into things too much remember he did sign for three years rather than the standard two that means something in three years time i would suspect we will be playing finals and our window should be wide open surely the chance to play with his mate Tappscot is also a good incentive to stay. Stress less.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night's Footy Show was one of the best in the past couple of years IMO.

No coincidence that Billy Brownless was nowhere to be seen, and Shane Crawford had a reduced role.

Yeah I agree. Have hated the show for years, but there seemed to be a little less of the lowest common denominator, smutty locker room rubbish and more talk about footy. Long may it continue, but I fully expect it to return to normal service soon.

I get the feeling from meeting Scully and seeing him face the media he is a pretty shy kid. He is very humble and i am certain he can't wait too get into the real stuff and get his first season out of the way. He will be a great asset for us, has never had a drop of alcohol and is one of the most commited young kids too come through the draft by no means has he takin the number 1 draft selection for granted. IMO he will be a great roll model and leader of one of the greatest clubs in the world our timing could not have been better to get this kid.

Scared me a little that Jack said about the club being a great place to start his career... maybe he was just like a bunny in headlights on the show. But he kind of gave me the impression that he'll be gone in a few years.

No, although right now it feels like the twighlight zone. How you watch that and then deduce that Trengove is leaving is beyond me. Think about how many great players swap clubs. Ver, very few, relax.

No, although right now it feels like the twighlight zone. How you watch that and then deduce that Trengove is leaving is beyond me. Think about how many great players swap clubs. Ver, very few, relax.

Yeah I agree. Have hated the show for years, but there seemed to be a little less of the lowest common denominator, smutty locker room rubbish and more talk about footy. Long may it continue, but I fully expect it to return to normal service soon.

I felt the same last night and was sure it had something to do with he show being a little demon-centric (great for a change!)

But maybe the new competition has forced them to lift their game..? We can only hope.

I get the feeling from meeting Scully and seeing him face the media he is a pretty shy kid. He is very humble and i am certain he can't wait too get into the real stuff and get his first season out of the way. He will be a great asset for us, has never had a drop of alcohol and is one of the most commited young kids too come through the draft by no means has he takin the number 1 draft selection for granted. IMO he will be a great roll model and leader of one of the greatest clubs in the world our timing could not have been better to get this kid.

I agree, I get the feeling he just hates the whole media side of things, he just wants to play footy and obviously is dedicated to being the best player he can possibly be.. as for Trenners, I also have an inkling he is already thinking about home, at the info night Schwarz asked him if he was happy about moving to Melbourne (city) his answer was an unconvincing 'yes and no'.. maybe he was just being honest but usually they tow the company line and say how awesome everything is etc Anyway it's not worth sparing a thought over for 3 years, and even then it's all about what you get for him. Carlton's big trade cost them Kennedy and Masten and I reckon they will end up losing that one

I cannot process that people are even giving a moment's passing thought to the possibility of a kid who hasn't played a game for us yet might one day leave the Club.

Get a grip.

I agree, Are we that sensitive as a supporter base that we are worried about a young player leaving before he's even played a senior game?

I can't wait for the first bounce on the 27th! Maybe then we can get the focus back on the game.

I agree, Are we that sensitive as a supporter base that we are worried about a young player leaving before he's even played a senior game?

I can't wait for the first bounce on the 27th! Maybe then we can get the focus back on the game.

well there is something to it, people aren't saying it for no reason. As I said, not a worry for 3 years but I don't see why people aren't allowed to discuss it now

well there is something to it, people aren't saying it for no reason. As I said, not a worry for 3 years but I don't see why people aren't allowed to discuss it now

But there's nothing to discuss. Firstly, he's signed on for 3 years, which should have been enough to placate the nervous Nellies round here, and secondly, he comes from country SA. His home was nowhere near Adelaide, which lessons the liklihodd of him ever wanting to leave for an Adelaide team.

Other than Thompson when is the last time that a quality player returned to SA ? Even the laughable Dockers manage to keep hold of Pavlich.

Try not to fret.

But there's nothing to discuss. Firstly, he's signed on for 3 years, which should have been enough to placate the nervous Nellies round here, and secondly, he comes from country SA. His home was nowhere near Adelaide, which lessons the liklihodd of him ever wanting to leave for an Adelaide team.

Other than Thompson when is the last time that a quality player returned to SA ? Even the laughable Dockers manage to keep hold of Pavlich.

Try not to fret.

except he's a lifelong Crows supporter

I know if it was me drafted at #2 and sent to play for the Crows, coming off two spoons, I'd be thinking about how I can get home and put on the red and blue

just sayin' is all

I know if it was me drafted at #2 and sent to play for the Crows, coming off two spoons, I'd be thinking about how I can get home and put on the red and blue

just sayin' is all

If I was sent to the Crows with a bunch of other blokes my age, along with my best mate(Tapscott) and after 3 years we'd built a strong competitive team I'd be going nowhere. Leaving lets down your teammates and the club. To be a true AFL champion it's best to be a one club player. Espcially one you personally help lift off the bottom and take to the top. Relax, from all reports this young team is very committed to success as a group.

Edited by Roost It

just sayin' is all

There are 2 players on our list who are lifelong Melbourne supporters. Are we assuming they are all waiting for their chance to run off to the team they cheered for as a kid. It's just not even a little bit realistic.

The 'go home factor' is one of the greatest myths of the AFL.

Try not to fret.

Maybe its the fact that we dont have any superstars?! Yes, he hasn't played a game yet but is showing signs that he could definitely become one! If we had a huge number of stars or even a few for that matter - we wouldnt be talking about this very subject!?

I cannot process that people are even giving a moment's passing thought to the possibility of a kid who hasn't played a game for us yet might one day leave the Club.

Get a grip.

Hahaha I can rest assured that he isn't going anywhere for the next 3 years, doesn't stop me worrying about him leaving in 3 years. Why? As a Melbourne supporter I have been conditioned to disapointment lately. In my mind, Jack Watts wont cut it as a C grader! Expect the worst that way if anything good actually happens, a pleasant surprise awaits.

Anyone remember draft night? The top 10 standing on stage? Scully and trenners both looked very shy and a little uncomfortable. It's funny thinking of a footballer as shy or possibly intoverted.. kind of goes against what the stereoptypical football player is.

Hahaha I can rest assured that he isn't going anywhere for the next 3 years, doesn't stop me worrying about him leaving in 3 years. Why? As a Melbourne supporter I have been conditioned to disapointment lately. In my mind, Jack Watts wont cut it as a C grader! Expect the worst that way if anything good actually happens, a pleasant surprise awaits.

Anyone remember draft night? The top 10 standing on stage? Scully and trenners both looked very shy and a little uncomfortable. It's funny thinking of a footballer as shy or possibly intoverted.. kind of goes against what the stereoptypical football player is.

That's quite funny - because I can't see how anyone can judge after 3 senior games, if a player will be able to "cut it" or not?!

There are 2 players on our list who are lifelong Melbourne supporters. Are we assuming they are all waiting for their chance to run off to the team they cheered for as a kid. It's just not even a little bit realistic.

no we aren't assuming that, because of the others there are only a few 'im going to be a gun who writes his own ticket' players and none who have come across publicly on a number of occasions as perhaps not seeming 100% committed to the club!

Tell Chris Judd it's a myth!

no we aren't assuming that, because of the others there are only a few 'im going to be a gun who writes his own ticket' players and none who have come across publicly on a number of occasions as perhaps not seeming 100% committed to the club!

Tell Chris Judd it's a myth!

THIS is a myth and utter rubbish.

I've never read anything on this forum more stupid than claims Trengove is not committed to MFC.

If we had a huge number of stars or even a few for that matter - we wouldnt be talking about this very subject!?

Learn to deal with things in isolation. Isolated, this discussion (3 years out) is a complete and utter waste of time.

And if we had a team of superstars the nervous Nellies would still find something that caused great angst.

Yeh I caught that. Not impressed.

Freudian slip? We have heard that the old cud-chewer, Neil Craig has been in his ear before we drafted Trengove. Wonder what was said.

I agree with other posters that it's all a bit paranoid, but the kid needs to learn quickly what not to say in front of the public.

Edited by Barry Dawson

For what its worth, i thought the footy show was entertaining last night. each to their own.

Scully was great last night, obviously nervous, but him standing inbetween Browny and Hall was great fun.

That was funny. As if those two logs could catch up with Scully to bring their size to bear :) Must be intimidating for him though.

How can you say that after the Scott Thompson episode?