• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

What to do after we win our 4th?

MadAsHell

FB: Frawley, Warnock, Bennell

HB: McNamara, Rivers, Cheney

C: Green, Moloney, Davey

HF: Sylvia, Bate, Petterd

FF: Watts, Jurrah, Jetta

Foll: Spencer, Morton, McDonald

INT: Bail, Grimes, Jones, Martin

*If we win round 18 v Richmond Jamar, McLean, Robertson & Bruce should be put in cotton wool for 2010, any minor surgery they need should be taken.

*Wheatley & Whelan (in their final seasons) aren't part of the future so should only play round 22 for a farewell match, possibly in for Bennell & McNamara in that match.

*This way we are giving further experience to our young players and the team shouldn't need to tank as there'd be an increased chance of us loosing rounds 19 & 20.

*Will make pick 1 and Tom Scully a lock to be at Melbourne in 2010!

Thoughts?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Digga
FB: Frawley, Warnock, Bennell

HB: McNamara, Rivers, Cheney

C: Green, Moloney, Davey

HF: Sylvia, Bate, Petterd

FF: Watts, Jurrah, Jetta

Foll: Spencer, Morton, McDonald

INT: Bail, Grimes, Jones, Martin

*If we win round 18 v Richmond Jamar, McLean, Robertson & Bruce should be put in cotton wool for 2010, any minor surgery they need should be taken.

*Wheatley & Whelan (in their final seasons) aren't part of the future so should only play round 22 for a farewell match, possibly in for Bennell & McNamara in that match.

*This way we are giving further experience to our young players and the team shouldn't need to tank as there'd be an increased chance of us loosing rounds 19 & 20.

*Will make pick 1 and Tom Scully a lock to be at Melbourne in 2010!

Thoughts?

Robbo should be wrapped in cloth and mummified. Last season

The Sydney game could well be a win at Manuka.

Agree! In a way it could almost be the worst scenario possible if Melbourne win that one. hehe.

Why do we need to change our team? It is fine as it is.

Dropping Robbo, McLean, Jamar and Bruce is dropping good players who deserve to play, especially Jamar.

I wouldn't give Spencer the ruck load if we wanted to win or lose.

Its not dropping them, its tanking

B Bennell Frawley McNamara

HB Buckley Rivers Cheney

C Morton Grimes Valenti

HF Maric Watts Jetta

F Wonaeamirri Jurrah Petterd

R Spencer MacDonald © Bail

In Martin Bate Dunn Bell

Play the kids and give Dunn & Bell a chance to prove themselves

Hughes and McKenzie also options. Shame Blease and Strauss aren't available.

This may be a naive question from someone that's only joined the board, but.....

Why do we have to have all these threads along this similar theme? I'm really reconsidering my participation on the board, because frankly I'm bored stupid by all this "we can't win games because we want draft picks" attitude being shoved down my throat.

For someone who's been a Melbourne supporter all my life, not to mention a member for 26 consecutive years since I was twelve years old, I'm really starting to understand why there are some Melbourne supporters at the games that annoy the crap out of me - they must be the ones posting their negative rubbish here.

I'll tell you what I'll be doing if Melbourne wins - cheer like mad and be proud of the red and the blue, like I've done all my life.

This may be a naive question from someone that's only joined the board, but.....

Why do we have to have all these threads along this similar theme? I'm really reconsidering my participation on the board, because frankly I'm bored stupid by all this "we can't win games because we want draft picks" attitude being shoved down my throat.

For someone who's been a Melbourne supporter all my life, not to mention a member for 26 consecutive years since I was twelve years old, I'm really starting to understand why there are some Melbourne supporters at the games that annoy the crap out of me - they must be the ones posting their negative rubbish here.

I'll tell you what I'll be doing if Melbourne wins - cheer like mad and be proud of the red and the blue, like I've done all my life.

Onya Kat, stay on the board though! Its a place where differing opinions exist... it would be hell boring if everyone had the same opinions :)

Good on ya Kat. I aim to be like you. I joined when I was 12 and now still going on my 4th consecutive year aiming for my whole life to be a member. I will get there cause I`m fully committed like you. Aiming for at least 50 years. Melbournepassion defines passion. Passion defines Melbournepassion

Good on ya Kat. I aim to be like you. I joined when I was 12 and now still going on my 4th consecutive year aiming for my whole life to be a member. I will get there cause I`m fully committed like you. Aiming for at least 50 years. Melbournepassion defines passion. Passion defines Melbournepassion

Good on you Kat and Melbourne Passion.

I'm also a newby to this forum.

However, I have been a Demon supporter for 50+ years.

I haven't lived in Oz since 1994, but I have always kept up my membership and will go to any lengths to see us on TV - when it's on !

I got pasted on another thread on here, for saying the same as you guys.

These "wise guys" who think their "cunning plan" will secure Scully and thereby the flag, in a couple of years, are like Baldrick in Black Adder - or perhaps even Black Adder himself? His "cunning plans" always go astray - just as all these "tank,tank,tank" plans could well do.

I would like to ask some of them, what they would think, if by chance (a big chance admittedly) we beat the [censored] this weekend ?

(which really, is not as silly as it sounds - if some of the walking wounded, are still not there).

Will these same "tank at all cost" people be calling for Bailey to be fired; for the commitee to resign on mass and for Jimmy to make his standing down, permanent ???

I won't.

But I will be very upset - only because it will not be on TV in Thailand!!

Go DEES!!!!!!

Whilst I respect that your opinion may differ with other's on this site, I think the arguments offered by those advocating "list management (tanking if you will)" have been logical ones. There's no need for this kind of talk

Whilst I respect that your opinion may differ with other's on this site, I think the arguments offered by those advocating "list management (tanking if you will)" have been logical ones. There's no need for this kind of talk

That's your opinion okay - I respect that.

But, there have been several posts that have gone well beyond suggesting "list management".

I don't have a problem with some player taking a rest because of real fitness issues which could turn nasty, if they play.

Nor, do I see anything wrong with trying several of the younger guys.

That makes sense at this time of year, when the finals are not on the radar.

But, there seems to be a train of thought going through several posts, that we should go out of our way to lose.

And if we don't lose, we're a stupid club.

I don't want that, because I think it is dangerous, for reasons I have explained elsewhere.

Others don't don't see the dangers and that's their opinion.

But I think all of us want the same thing :

A Premieship winning team, for now and all time. It is no longer acceptable to say "we did our best", when that doesn't happen.

The difference is how we get there!

Go Dees!!

That's your opinion okay - I respect that.

But, there have been several posts that have gone well beyond suggesting "list management".

I don't have a problem with some player taking a rest because of real fitness issues which could turn nasty, if they play.

Nor, do I see anything wrong with trying several of the younger guys.

That makes sense at this time of year, when the finals are not on the radar.

But, there seems to be a train of thought going through several posts, that we should go out of our way to lose.

And if we don't lose, we're a stupid club.

I don't want that, because I think it is dangerous, for reasons I have explained elsewhere.

Others don't don't see the dangers and that's their opinion.

But I think all of us want the same thing :

A Premieship winning team, for now and all time. It is no longer acceptable to say "we did our best", when that doesn't happen.

The difference is how we get there!

Go Dees!!

I could never blame a supporter for wanting to win, no matter how much I disagree due to the ramifications. But I have a couple of questions for you and others of your ilk.

Is a flag the be all and all for you ?

How would you feel if you never saw a flag in your lifetime ? (and I accept that you might have, but that doesn't change the question).

Edited by Hannabal

we will 6 games this season, those who are hoping for PP are dreaming.

Here Here!

I too agree so much, but for only another 2 months of pain, i would rather to see a decade of success and premierships. I hate it when we loose, but what is best for the MFC future 150 years? More than 12 premierships I hope, even if i'm here or not!

I could never blame a supporter for wanting to win, no matter how much I disagree due to the ramifications. But I have a couple of questions for you and others of your ilk.

Is a flag the be all and all for you ?

How would you feel if you never saw a flag in your lifetime ? (and I accept that you might have, but that doesn't change the question).

A couple of interesting questions Hannabal- thanks.

In answer to your first question : No, a flag is not the be all and end all, of what I would like to see.

A strong club, in every way, would make me happy. And one of the best ways to show that, is to win premierships.

I know you can look at Collingwood and say, they are strong and have only won one single flag in nearly 50 years.

But, that's Collingwood NOT Melbourne.

As for your second question, I have seen 4 flags in my lifetime. I started life as a (wavering) Tiger supporter. After a couple of years of "suffering", I deftly slithered down Brunton Avenue to the MCG and have kept the faith, ever since.

There is something about this club, which just keeps me here - even though I now live outside Australia.

If I don't see another flag in the years I have left (which I hope are many), I guess I'll feel a little sad.

But will it stop me following Melbourne?

NO - Go Dees

Well said 45. One must remember we're all supporting the same team, we all have enthusiasm for them to achieve the ultimate goal-a premiership. Some might want it a little more than others for whatever reason. Edited by High Tower

I think you should start a new thread because your off topic.

it is a difficult subject... I think Gary Lyon summed it up perfectly tonight on Footy Classified... He was wrapt when heard Melbourne were winning on the radio, however afterward when he thought about it, he wasn't sure if was the best thing... His head told him one thing, while his heart told him another...

I was at the game Sunday, I've been to every game in Melbourne this season, and I'll go to every remaining game in Melbourne... But when we won, I didn't enjoy it as much as I should of. I did enjoy the win, but there was just this empty feeling sitting in my guts, not sure whether what I had just witnessed was a good thing. I couldn't help the feeling, I can't say I was happy it was there, I was actually frustrated that I couldn't enjoy the win properly. But that's how I felt. From a personal point of view, even if I don't want to, I'm going to enjoy our 4th or 5th wins even less than our win yesterday.

I don't want us to finish bottom, and it's not even all about getting Tom Scully, I really hope we do win one more, but only one more. There's a big difference between getting Pick 2, and getting Picks 1 and 3. There's an opportunity to add two superstars to the Melbourne footy club. We've been bad for so long, I feel like we're entitled to this priority pick.

I ask you all this. Remember when we beat the Bulldogs at the Dome in 2007, a game I remember and really enjoyed the win the Dees got that night. If we had lost that game, we would have either Daniel Rich or Nick Naitanui wearing the red and blue, along with Jack Watts... Was that win really worth it?