Time to Decide

drdrake

Bartram- try to trade, or keep as depth

Martin- without a doubt a keeper

Bell- try to trade, or keep as depth (either him or Bartram stay, not both)

Bate- keep

P.Johnson- trade/delist

Jamar- keep (best tap ruckman we have)

Miller- keep

Petterd- Gold Coast 2011

Dunn- try to trade, or keep as depth (I think Dunn presents good trade value)

Newton- delist

Wheatley- retire/delist

Buckley- delist

Valenti- ??

Zomer- delist

Hughes- keep him on the rookie list for another year

Meesen- he is contracted for another year, so he stays to try and prove himself.

Our ruck situation is pathetic!

I think delisting Buckley is a mistake, which surprises me cause i think we usually think the same way when reading your responses lol.

Buckley showed alot of potential last year and has been unable to give a crack this year, so very harsh.

A fully fit and mature Buckley will surprise you, Im sure.

So remember me Jaded next year, hopefully he can get on the park with Wona.

To me the players in trouble are those who are fit and cant get a game or are in and out and have had plenty of chances

Dunn, Bell, Newton etc

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deletions - Wheatley, Whelan, Robertson, Bell, McDonald, and Dunn.

IN: Picks 1, 2, 19, 36, PSD 1, and Valenti.

IF Prendergast says in October that he will go for Scully and another mid in November, then we should look to trade an inside mid with value to get our hands on a tall fwd prospect.

Bartram - good bye, rubbish disposal, no awareness

Martin - has potential, keep

Bell - was looking ok last year till injured, now has lost it, maybe give another year.

Bate - trade - way too inconsistent which says a lot in our team!

P.Johnson - keep, our best ruckman and we have no other options

Jamar - keep him too

Miller - keep

Petterd - probably get rid of too, is very hard to decide on our forwards as our midfield couldnt hit the side of a barn.

Dunn - play on the wing, keep.

Newton - get rid of - cannot kick, too slow.

Wheatley - pretty much done already

Buckley - let him go too, got a few players already like him in garland, warnock etc.

Valenti - is a good vfl player, not up to the afl though

Zomer - havent really seen enough of him.

Hughes - let go

Meesen - let go

Whilst I am clearing out the club I will list a few more:

Bruce - let go of, dont know if you would get anything in a trade for him. Cant kick over 40 anymore and even then its up and under. Dont know if he has op but he seems like he has.

McDonald - took Rickie Van Den Bergs title of worst captain in the AFL. Too slow, would not be in out best 22 if all players fit.

Robertson - let go, is just collecting pay cheques now.

I think I have let go of about 20 which cannot be done in one year. We will get some picks this year but it wont be enough, then with the gc and sydney taking about the next 5 years our problem will be that we will have a good top level of players, as good as probably any team, but our bottom half of the team will be very average so any type of injury will just kill us. At best I think we will get up to a finals quality team but not a premiership team. Then we will need to bottom again and I will back here saying the same things about the latest crop.

Call me a pessimist but I think I am more of a realist which really does kill me to say as I wish nothing more than a great MFC

Bell - was looking ok last year till injured, now has lost it, maybe give another year.

Bate - trade - way too inconsistent which says a lot in our team!

P.Johnson - keep, our best ruckman and we have no other options

Jamar - keep him too

Miller - keep

Petterd - probably get rid of too, is very hard to decide on our forwards as our midfield couldnt hit the side of a barn.

Dunn - play on the wing, keep.

Newton - get rid of - cannot kick, too slow.

Buckley - let him go too, got a few players already like him in garland, warnock etc.

Hughes - let go

Meesen - let go

Call me a pessimist but I think I am more of a realist which really does kill me to say as I wish nothing more than a great MFC

IMO As the dees get better bate will also, his already shown good signs i just think his the type of player that requires a decent disposal rate to him.

As for buckley i really rate this kid, and as for comapring him to warnock and garland is just silly, way different players buckley is more like an andrew rains type player providing run.

And Valenti, alot of people are calling for him to be delisted, imo its probably fair to think that due to the dees not giving him much chance to prove him self wich i think is a real shame because he looks a real talent. I hope he stays and plays atleast more than half the games to come, thats if he ever gets in!

Bell - was looking ok last year till injured, now has lost it, maybe give another year. Bate - trade - way too inconsistent which says a lot in our team!

P.Johnson - keep, our best ruckman and we have no other optionsJamar - keep him too

Miller - keep

Dunn - play on the wing, keep.Newton - get rid of - cannot kick, too slow.

Hughes - let go

Meesen - let go

Whilst I am clearing out the club I will list a few more:

Bruce - let go of, dont know if you would get anything in a trade for him. Cant kick over 40 anymore and even then its up and under. Dont know if he has op but he seems like he has. McDonald - took Rickie Van Den Bergs title of worst captain in the AFL. Too slow, would not be in out best 22 if all players fit. Robertson - let go, is just collecting pay cheques now.

I think I have let go of about 20 which cannot be done in one year. We will get some picks this year but it wont be enough, then with the gc and sydney taking about the next 5 years our problem will be that we will have a good top level of players, as good as probably any team, but our bottom half of the team will be very average so any type of injury will just kill us. At best I think we will get up to a finals quality team but not a premiership team. Then we will need to bottom again and I will back here saying the same things about the latest crop.

I won't call you a pessimist, I would call you a troll.

School holidays, folks.

The bolded parts back up my assertion that you have no idea about our list so your opinion is pointless to comment on.

Go back to bigfooty.

Petterd would be one I would be keeping. Good disposal, has pace just being played out of position.

Bate is another who is being crucified by not being played in correct position. He has a big body that can influence contested ball at the stoppages.

I am surprised at Wheatley being listed. I'm a fan and think he is alright, just not being used to full effect. A long precise kick out of defence are his strengths, yet we have an elite forward crumber doing this at the moment...go figure.

Re: Martin - can anyone enlighten me on another athlete turned footballer who corrected his kicking and became a regular senior footballer? If MFC does retain, I would play Martin forward and tell him to make a contest at every opportunity.

Very concerned for Jones.

The players that should go are the players that have been around a while and have gone backwards.

The easy ones are McDonald, Whelan and Robertson all should retire.

The harder ones should be Newton (unreliable joke), Wheatley (time is up), Bell(brain dead),Johnson(does far too much stupid [censored] and can't ruck), Dunn(can't get a game)

Ins picks 1,2,19,35, 51, 67, PSD1 and Spencer.

Keep Miller, Rivers, Jones and Petterd for the Gold Coast.

The players that should go are the players that have been around a while and have gone backwards.

The easy ones are McDonald, Whelan and Robertson all should retire.

The harder ones should be Newton (unreliable joke), Wheatley (time is up), Bell(brain dead),Johnson(does far too much stupid [censored] and can't ruck), Dunn(can't get a game)

Ins picks 1,2,19,35, 51, 67, PSD1 and Spencer.

Keep Miller, Rivers, Jones and Petterd for the Gold Coast.

What do you think GC will seriously give for any one of those at best lineball players in a bottom ranked club? You must take them for wet eared patsies

What would you do with Buckley and McNamara then?

Contracts might mean we have to keep others. :( (Someone has to answer for Newton's 09/10 contract!)

Just pay him out.

What the club should do is instead of the Debt Demolition they should have a Demolition Newton's Contract. We got 3 mil for the debt demolition I would think you could at least for 5 mil for demolition Newton I know I would put in double the amount that I put in last time. No Newton and our debt covered that would be awesome.

What do you think GC will seriously give for any one of those at best lineball players in a bottom ranked club? You must take them for wet eared patsies

What would you do with Buckley and McNamara then?

If they are anything like Fremantle and Brisbane then YES.

They have already stated that they are after Petterd. Jones is still young. Miller is from there and Rivers was a rising star. Trust me the Gold Coast are going to stink for at least the first 3 to 5 years. No one playing well and or at a good team will go there these are the best players they will likely get. They will be a mixture of young kids, has beens and never was just like us really.

If they are anything like Fremantle and Brisbane then YES.

They have already stated that they are after Petterd. Jones is still young. Miller is from there and Rivers was a rising star. Trust me the Gold Coast are going to stink for at least the first 3 to 5 years. No one playing well and or at a good team will go there these are the best players they will likely get. They will be a mixture of young kids, has beens and never was just like us really.

Where have they stated they are after Petterd and what would they offer a bloke that cant cut a game in a bottom club.

Isaac Weetra is actually still young do you think they would go for him.

The only reason they would take Miller is to repatriate him in a family reunion documentary. You got to do better than that.

Rivers won the Rising Star in 2004 and since then has had 2 years or so of OP and lacks pace, flaky kick and does not body strength for KPPs.

Why oh why would they want to be like MFC? :wacko:

Nathan Jones

Jack Watts

Brock McLean

Brad Miller

James Frawley

Cale Morton

Colin Sylvia

Jack Grimes

Brad Green

Addam Maric

Colin Garland

Brent Moloney

Kyle Cheney

John Meesen

Jared Rivers

Michael Newton

Tom McNamara

Cameron Bruce?

Austin Wonaeamirri

Stefan Martin

Aaron Davey

Matthew Warnock

Neville Jetta

Mark Jamar

Rohan Bail

Jamie Bennell

Sam Blease

James Strauss

Liam Jurrah

Shane Valenti?

Simon Buckley?

Clint Bartram?

Matthew Bate? - offers

Lynden Dunn? - offers

Ricky Petterd? - offers

Rookies:

Jake Spencer - elevate

Jordie McKenzie - elevate

Rhys Healey - Rookie

-------------------------

We need to make 7 or 8 senior spots available

Paul Johnson - off

Daniel Bell - off

James McDonald - off

Russell Robertson - off

Paul Wheatley - off

Matthew Whelan? - off

----------------------

Trent Zomer - off

Danny Hughes - off

Where have they stated they are after Petterd and what would they offer a bloke that cant cut a game in a bottom club.

Isaac Weetra is actually still young do you think they would go for him.

The only reason they would take Miller is to repatriate him in a family reunion documentary. You got to do better than that.

Rivers won the Rising Star in 2004 and since then has had 2 years or so of OP and lacks pace, flaky kick and does not body strength for KPPs.

Why oh why would they want to be like MFC? :wacko:

It was in the paper when the got the licence that they were after him. I don't think that will change it's just that we will get less for him than we we would of hoped for.

Jones isn't a great player but he is a million times better than Weetra and they said they were going for youth.

Rivers and Miller are 2 experienced KPP players which they will definately lack.

It's not a matter of wanting to be like us they will have no choice. They will not get the players they want even with there big salary cap. They will not be a good team for a long time if anything when they come into the AFL they will be worse. It will be at least 5 years before they do anything.

I won't call you a pessimist, I would call you a troll.

School holidays, folks.

The bolded parts back up my assertion that you have no idea about our list so your opinion is pointless to comment on.

Go back to bigfooty.

Surely telling me that my opinion is pointless is an opinion in itself?

So you would be happy that we make no changes and just continue along as we have been? Probably. That is the biggest problem with the club at the moment and for as long as I can remember, accepting mediocrity. Harder decisions need to continue being made.

Your bold areas are why my opinion carries no weight with you? Tell me why they are wrong.

It was in the paper when the got the licence that they were after him. I don't think that will change it's just that we will get less for him than we we would of hoped for.

Jones isn't a great player but he is a million times better than Weetra and they said they were going for youth.

Rivers and Miller are 2 experienced KPP players which they will definately lack.

It's not a matter of wanting to be like us they will have no choice. They will not get the players they want even with there big salary cap. They will not be a good team for a long time if anything when they come into the AFL they will be worse. It will be at least 5 years before they do anything.

We need 3 or 4 tough in/unders to compliment the new mid talent we all hope to draft. We need depth as well as class.

We need 3 or 4 tough in/unders to compliment the new mid talent we all hope to draft. We need depth as well as class.

I always thought in an unders are what we already have enough of, moloney jones mclean valenti, sylvia can get the hard in and under ball.

Forget the senior guys, they're going to be retiring soon anyway. These are the players that we need to make a decision on whether to keep them for the long term or not:

Bartram

Martin

Bell

Bate

P.Johnson

Jamar

Miller

Petterd

Dunn

Newton

Wheatley

Buckley

Valenti

Zomer

Hughes

Meesen

I'm sure I've missed a couple

Martin?! You're Australia's next Jerry Seinfeld. That's hilarious.

Why would they be so keen to scoop our NQR players??? There are 15 other Clubs that surely would offer better talent but no you're convinced they will chase ours. Get the picture.

Did the Brisbane Times suggest that GC were chasing Qld born players who cant kick?

I always thought in an unders are what we already have enough of, moloney jones mclean valenti, sylvia can get the hard in and under ball.

Yes, thats what I said. We need to keep Jones IMO, & McLean, Moloney. At least @ this stage. We just need to add class with say (Trengove & Scully), or similar.

Martin?! You're Australia's next Jerry Seinfeld. That's hilarious.

What's even funnier is Martin's kicking. boom tish

Seriously though folks, I'm not saying that he should be delisted (and it's kinda amusing that I need to qualify that post), however although Martin has a great deal of potential he'll never be a good footballer untill he learns the art of kicking. We can not afford to have a list full of these types, if he was in the minority then it wouldn't be a problem, we could afford to carry him, but as it stands the majority of the team has poor kicking skills compared to the better teams.

What's even funnier is Martin's kicking. boom tish

Seriously though folks, I'm not saying that he should be delisted (and it's kinda amusing that I need to qualify that post), however although Martin has a great deal of potential he'll never be a good footballer untill he learns the art of kicking. We can not afford to have a list full of these types, if he was in the minority then it wouldn't be a problem, we could afford to carry him, but as it stands the majority of the team has poor kicking skills compared to the better teams.

[censored] off the others who can't kick and keep Martin. Martin is a developing player I don't know why they play him all over the ground I think it hurts his development not playing in one position. He should play CHB all year and drop Rivers.

Why would they be so keen to scoop our NQR players??? There are 15 other Clubs that surely would offer better talent but no you're convinced they will chase ours. Get the picture.

Did the Brisbane Times suggest that GC were chasing Qld born players who cant kick?

I thought I explained this no club will give away players that they think will benefit their teams they will only give away their ordinary players and we have more than most.

It was the hearld sun actually and no they are only going to recruit players who kick it with pinpoint accuracy. Give me a break every team has poor kicks we just have more than most.

I thought I explained this no club will give away players that they think will benefit their teams they will only give away their ordinary players and we have more than most.

It was the hearld sun actually and no they are only going to recruit players who kick it with pinpoint accuracy. Give me a break every team has poor kicks we just have more than most.

When you "explain" make sure you actually answer the question asked.

I dont care about other Clubs giving away players. I am asking why would GC chase MFC outcasts given MFC have more ordinary footballers because we are a truly bottom ranked club. These players are not good enough and most of these players futures belong in interstate, country or suburban leagues

If its the Herald Sun, then more fool you. Caveat emptor! If the Hun says that GC are only pinpointing players who kick it with pinpoint accuracy then why would they chase a player or players with poor disposal skills? Begs a questions doesn't it