Who is No 1?

Dee tention

Who is going to be No 1? The obvious states Watts. Rich and NikNat are West Australians, so go home factor too risky. Would'nt rate NikNat in the top 5 anyway too be honest.

How about Tyrone Vickery? 200cm and still growing. Looks like a fierce competitor and gathers, handballs and tackles like a midfielder. Vickery would eat NikNat for breakfast and also Kreuzer. No disrespect! Can play Ruck or Full forward. A bit like a Paul Salmon but better I think. Very mobile and good kick. Think Dean Cox is good? I think Vickery will be the most dominant big man in the comp. I will wait and see. But I just hope he is a Dee! Who needs Warnock when you can have Vickery. Could you imagine him at Carlton. Crazy! Thats who I would want. Not Warnock!

What do we need to land him?

It's obvious we will not use Pick 1. Or will we? I don't think so. At the latest we need Pick 6. Hoping the Power and Dons skip on him. Who has Pick 6. Carlton! They want Warnock. So this is what I have come up with.

Melbourne - Pick 3 and 6

Carlton - Warnock and either Green/Sylvia/Bate or possibly M.Warnock (Rate him and would prefer not too. Is 25 though. So possible!) Warnock and Warnock.

Fremantle - Pick 1 (Gives them the choice of Rich or NikNat) and possible improved 3rd round pick if required.

What do we hope! Watts falls at 3 and Vickery is still available at 6. Essendon too trade pick 5 for Kerr would be helpful.

Or simply Vickery No. 1!

Watts ahead of Vickery, howver, i really want vickery as well- he wont slip to 17 or 19- hence WHY WE NEED ANOTHER TOP 20 DRAFT PICK. Doesn't matter if we have to give up a player and a late pick or help out a club in another deal.. Jones, Bate, Green, Bruce, Wheatley, Bell, Jamar, Bartram, Dunn can be players we could 'bite the bullet' with.

surely 2 delisting in bode and weetra aren't the only players the club are considering culling

I know for a fact- The dees have had informal talks with Vickery and he really hopes he ends up with us. Drafting Watts with pick 1 will depend on if we can get a ruckman during the trade period.

I pose the question, how many ruckmen drafted in the top 10, have become A-grade footballers?

You can make an early assessment of Naitanui as he is currently playing senior football in the WAFL. Although I haven't seen him play, history says that Vickery would be 3-5 years away from being a dominant AFL player, if he ever reaches that stage.

We have the no. 1 pick. Use it wisely...............

The good thing about Tyrone is that he can be used as a forward also with good effect.

Played as a forward/ruck in the un18 final and dominated up forward.

He has very good attributes to be anything.

Will be interesting to see his draft camp results.

I pose the question, how many ruckmen drafted in the top 10, have become A-grade footballers?

You can make an early assessment of Naitanui as he is currently playing senior football in the WAFL. Although I haven't seen him play, history says that Vickery would be 3-5 years away from being a dominant AFL player, if he ever reaches that stage.

We have the no. 1 pick. Use it wisely...............

jeff white was a-grade, and i think david hale should be considered A-grade after he kicked 8 against geelong. kruezer will end up A-grade...and many experts expect leuenberger to make it also but i agree...picking up a ruckman is risky business with a top pick...but so is picking up watts who really hasn't shown much recent form, and to be honest, i didn't like what i saw in the championships. he has good footskills though which is good.

Yes. He is 200cm. And I guess at 17 or 18 years of age he would be still growing. But thats only a guess! :wacko:

Watts is a sole Forward player where as Vickery is Ruck/Forward. By this I mean he could be just as effective or even better Forward than Watts and still play Ruck. Have a look at him on You tube and make your own judgement.

And Noyro! I am not Tyrone in disguise. Or am I? :lol:

All I hear is Watts No 1. What a crock! Give me Tyrone "T-Rex" Vickery anyday. People are just so narrowed minded. I would rather have pick 5 or 6. We would have a better chance of getting me! :lol:

From what i have seen take Vickery he played a brilliant game against W.a smashed niknat tackled hard hits targets hand and foot and also marks very well and judges the flight of the ball. Also Jack Watts does not want to play afl or he can't because he will be expelled. So take Vickery.

Watts is a sole Forward player where as Vickery is Ruck/Forward. By this I mean he could be just as effective or even better Forward than Watts and still play Ruck.

These days, ruckmen don't rest in the forward line. So you are either a ruckman or a forward.

In the case of David Hale, they've decided that he's a forward, with Petrie playing as the ruckman. Vickery sounds like Brad Ottens, and it's taken him 9 seasons to finally establish himself.

These days, ruckmen don't rest in the forward line. So you are either a ruckman or a forward.

In the case of David Hale, they've decided that he's a forward, with Petrie playing as the ruckman. Vickery sounds like Brad Ottens, and it's taken him 9 seasons to finally establish himself.

What a crock! Answer this one then! What position did Paul Salmon play during his brilliant career? I will answer it for you. Ruck and Full Forward. The Bombers especially used him to expose teams to great effect. He was a weapon at that height. Hard match up for any defender. Mark my words! Vickery will be a Paul Salmon but with a lot lot more. Pick 1 for me. That's easy. Watts does'nt have the power for me to be No.1. He's a 60W light bulb at best. He will get brighter. But not the worth of pick No.1.

What a crock! Answer this one then! What position did Paul Salmon play during his brilliant career? I will answer it for you. Ruck and Full Forward. The Bombers especially used him to expose teams to great effect. He was a weapon at that height. Hard match up for any defender. Mark my words! Vickery will be a Paul Salmon but with a lot lot more. Pick 1 for me. That's easy. Watts does'nt have the power for me to be No.1. He's a 60W light bulb at best. He will get brighter. But not the worth of pick No.1.

Mate, read the post before you reply. The very first thing he says is THESE DAYS

Salmon played 20 years ago. The game has changed drastically in the last FIVE years.

BIG difference, sorry but your analogy is irrelevant.

I'm sure Vickery will be very good as will Watts.

But i seriously doubt you know enough about either of these boys to back up the claims you're making... unless you've got a crystal ball hidden in your school bag...

Mate, read the post before you reply. The very first thing he says is THESE DAYS

Salmon played 20 years ago. The game has changed drastically in the last FIVE years.

BIG difference, sorry but your analogy is irrelevant.

I'm sure Vickery will be very good as will Watts.

But i seriously doubt you know enough about either of these boys to back up the claims you're making... unless you've got a crystal ball hidden in your school bag...

I have read the post mate! THESE DAYS your gonna get caught with your pants down! So what if it was 20 years ago! THESE DAYS mean [censored]! Whats wrong with having a player that can play either position. He does'nt have to rest in the forward line to play there or that be his only position. The game changes all the time. And it is turning to [censored] too be honest. Bring back the 90's.