Hawthorn vs that other Red, WHITE & Blue AFL club

Tigers Dayz

I think Bullies are gawn. They had no answers to Franklin and Roughhead. No answers to Hawthorn midfield. West was missed. No answers to a slightly different Hawthorn tactic early of manning up. In fact they were physically smashed all over the field. Man on man Hawks showed greater strength all over the field.

I think Eade was out coached again, but in his defence his cattle aren't physically stong enough for finals.

Footscray don't look like the same side of 5-6 weeks ago. I think finals pace has come up to their level. This leaves them with no advantage.

I still can't believe they put Akermanis on Rioli in a stopping roll for a qtr and-a-half.

A finals shot is why they brought him to the club. I expected him to have a free hand early mid to forward to try to crack the game and take pressure off Brad Johnson

Akka may well be gawn after this year.

It's why I worry over a "precision" type game plan.

Not to mention the fact the Dogs purposely took the foot off the peddle a few weeks ago, their slick ball moving strategy is very one paced. And it was shown last night that as soon as they played a team ready to run hard and go 1 on 1, that it's a technique that is very difficult to break lines, and very hard to maintain when under pressure.

How many times did Dogs' players handball to someone under the pump?

Looking very much like a two horse Finals race

It's why I worry over a "precision" type game plan.

Not to mention the fact the Dogs purposely took the foot off the peddle a few weeks ago, their slick ball moving strategy is very one paced. And it was shown last night that as soon as they played a team ready to run hard and go 1 on 1, that it's a technique that is very difficult to break lines, and very hard to maintain when under pressure.

How many times did Dogs' players handball to someone under the pump?

Looking very much like a two horse Finals race

It doesn't matter what game plan you have when your forward line is Franklin, Rioli, Williams, Roughead and your midfield is excellent.

I think the Dogs made a severe tactical error by announcing that they were virtually finished for the home and away season once they were locked in to the top 3. No coincidence that, as the certainty over their position on the ladder firmed, their form went down the gurgler. What's worse is you would think that they'd been preparing for this final for 6-8 weeks now, and came with a whole bunch of crap match-ups and a game plan that didn't work. They're gone. Might not beat their opponent next week.

Guest demonsrule
I think the Dogs made a severe tactical error by announcing that they were virtually finished for the home and away season once they were locked in to the top 3. No coincidence that, as the certainty over their position on the ladder firmed, their form went down the gurgler. What's worse is you would think that they'd been preparing for this final for 6-8 weeks now, and came with a whole bunch of crap match-ups and a game plan that didn't work. They're gone. Might not beat their opponent next week.

went and saw this game last night and the hawks were great no such luck for the doggies!

Apparently Brad Sewell was battling to keep his spot on the list a few years back.

Once I heard this I thought of Colin Sylvia.

As much as he frustrates me I think we just have to persist. His potential is too great to chuck in the towel. Players his age can develop into something more. I am sure this is one of the things Bails and CC discussed yesterday. Expect one more delisting next week I reckon and a short list of trades.

I just hope Colin is kept and we stay right behind him, where I think we should be.

The Pups were well and truly shown up last night. The Sqawkers were a level above them. The poor ol Scragers were left to look very awkward .. Defintely a Dog dag evening !! I cant see them regrouping into much more than they have accomplished this year. This is finals now.. its different.