Tough decisions need to be made!

Beamer

With GC17 getting so many picks in next years draft. I think we should stock up whilst we can.

We have made room on Neitz, Yze, White, Holland, Weetra, Bode all gone and a few to follow. We now need to trade to get more picks. Ive created a list of who I think should go.

Bartram - Skills are poor. Such a nothing player. Top 50 at least.

Bell - Inconsistent and can get destroyed easily. Top 35.

Green - Excellent player. Wouldnt hesitate if were offered a pick within Top 20.

Dunn - Done some good shut down jobs but the boys so one dimensional its not funny. Top 40.

Lets do the business Melbourne.

almost agree with you- but greeny might be better if we held onto him

with you about dunn- sure hes not bad but now what we're looking for, same too with bartram

and how do you know that bode and weetra have been delisted???

Am i alone by wanting us to pursue a trade for Frawley?

He just has not showed me anything. Martin, Garland etc have showed way more than him in nearly just as much opportunity.

Frawley, Clint Bart, Dunn, Newton All trade able in my eyes

Bell seems to be a favorite of Bailey

No your not mate.

I was just about to mension him. Hes an alright player and will develop into a decent defender but for the moment he just isnt good enough with our growing list of key defenders.

Ship him out should a decent offer come along.

With GC17 getting so many picks in next years draft. I think we should stock up whilst we can.

We have made room on Neitz, Yze, White, Holland, Weetra, Bode all gone and a few to follow. We now need to trade to get more picks. Ive created a list of who I think should go.

Green - Excellent player. Wouldnt hesitate if were offered a pick within Top 20.

Dunn - Done some good shut down jobs but the boys so one dimensional its not funny. Top 40.

The GC17 team will get draft picks in 2010, not 2009. Next year they will continue to be able to list Queensland U/18's and the draft will be untouched. If we finish last with less than 16.5 points then we will get the first 2 picks.

And how exactly will that impact on the player morale and long term loyalty of the numerous players in our 18 - 23 year bracket?

See i think thats the problem. They are too comfortable... playing with all their mates. I dunno maybe if they see one or two or a few getting traded they will know that this is a business and not a holiday.

I see what your getting at but yeah

See i think thats the problem. They are too comfortable... playing with all their mates. I dunno maybe if they see one or two or a few getting traded they will know that this is a business and not a holiday.

I see what your getting at but yeah

If we were to follow the suggestion of Grimesy we'd be actively seeking to trade a second year key position player who's still at least two years away from growing into his body.

You actively look to trade your own players for one of six reasons:

1) Off-field concerns;

2) You're overstocked in one area and lacking in another (team balance). Think Croad to Freo and Hodge to Hawthorn through the draft;

3) A player wants to go home;

4) An opposition team rates your player more highly than you do;

5) You're sweetening a deal;

6) Motivation becomes an issue after many years at a club (think Schwass to Sydney).

Where would a deal for Frawley fit? Potentially #5 and possibly #2 but not for at least 1-2 years. How many clubs have actively traded a first round key position tall who has only been on their list for 2 years. Austin Lucy, after 1 year with Essendon is as close as I can recall.

Bailey has spent the year talking up our under 23's as our future. Putting Frawley's name on the trade table would be very dangerous.

I am most definitely happy that you are not involved in our club's recruiting.

Dunn: Turned 21 3 months ago. Came to the club as a forward, first Daniher and now Bailey have worked on his endurance and played him in the midfield. I can see him becoming a player who is hard to match up on as he is quite good overhead - needs to work on drifting forward from a midfield role to capitalise. KEEP

Bartram: Turned 20 in February. Has pace (rather important in the modern game), nice atack on the ball and seems to run to the right spots. Needs to improve disposal. KEEP

Frawley: Does not turn 20 for another 3 weeks. Is still developing but what else would you expect of a 19 year old key position player. Fair Dinkum! I am quite happy to see more depth - Garland, Warnock, Martin, Rivers - in defensive positions than we've had since, well, since I been following the Dees and I am 37. KEEP

Bell: Will be 25 early next season. Has pace and chases/tackles well. Has been down this season but I'd back him to work through it and get back to his best footy. Will be under pressure from the likes of Pettard and Grimes. KEEP

Bode: Just turned 21. Neat tidy fotballer but is he AFL or VFL/SANFL standard? The later for mine. DELIST/TRADE

Weetra: 20 in February. Haven't seen much of him apart from a nice roving goal from a marking contest but seems in the back of the queue with players like Maric and Wonaemirri going past him. Probable DELIST/TRADE

As pointed out elsewhere, GC receive the priority picks in the 2010.

How do players who have poor skills or get destroyed easily have trade value? Another poster said elsewhere they either make it here or nowhere. Why would other Clubs chase them? :wacko:

I am most definitely happy that you are not involved in our club's recruiting.

Bode: Just turned 21. Neat tidy fotballer but is he AFL or VFL/SANFL standard? The later for mine. DELIST/TRADE

Weetra: 20 in February. Haven't seen much of him apart from a nice roving goal from a marking contest but seems in the back of the queue with players like Maric and Wonaemirri going past him. Probable DELIST/TRADE

You chronically overvalue the players you desire to keep and if you can work a trade for Bode and Weetra, you should definitely and I mean definitely be in our recruiting team at the trade table. Both players are finished in the AFL.

Seriously posters need to keep Goodvibes's six rules of trading before letting reality slip.

Am i alone by wanting us to pursue a trade for Frawley?

He just has not showed me anything. Martin, Garland etc have showed way more than him in nearly just as much opportunity.

Frawley, Clint Bart, Dunn, Newton All trade able in my eyes

Bell seems to be a favorite of Bailey

Hasn't Frawley just been signed up?!

As pointed out elsewhere, GC receive the priority picks in the 2010.

How do players who have poor skills or get destroyed easily have trade value? Another poster said elsewhere they either make it here or nowhere. Why would other Clubs chase them? :wacko:

Apologies. I stand corrected.

I think these players have trade value. I just dont think Melbourne need them.

Simple- the place obviosuly needs a wakeup call

for blokes like bartram, dunn, jones to think that because in their first seasons they played a lot of footy, that doesn mean they are that great

we need to be aggressive, and as mentioned..do what hawthorn did and trade Brad Green if he'd being a [censored] re contracts- if he was with the club and wanting to play for Melbourne he'd almost take anything. I want him at the club next year, but perhaps we need to bite the bullet with a few players

So you dont think the MFC would get a pick inside 50 for Clint Bartram. Same with Frawley?

I will ask again why would any club bother to chase a player like Bartram with NQR skills that a chronically underperforming club thinks wont make it. And if we a re trawling down to pick 50 why would either party bother?

And why would you trade Frawley who could be of good value to MFC in the future in 2008 when there is no way you would get any upside for him?

Re-read Goodvibes post.

Green rumored to be on the move..

Top 35 4 Bell is pushing it IMO!!

Bode, Weetra, Carroll ALL GONE, thats the word today in a few places..

Bell, Frawley, Bartram, Green reported to be immediate trade bait, In Greens case, its his decison, unless we offer a higher $$ amount soon..

No one seems to address our surplus of inside midfielders.

There is not enough room in our team for all of Jones, McDonald, McLean, Moloney, Valenti. All inside players, all one paced.

Jones and McLean have the most value but I'd hate to get rid of either. Maybe Moloney would be worth a second round pick?

No one seems to address our surplus of inside midfielders.

There is not enough room in our team for all of Jones, McDonald, McLean, Moloney, Valenti. All inside players, all one paced.

Jones and McLean have the most value but I'd hate to get rid of either. Maybe Moloney would be worth a second round pick?

I'm not convinced that we have a surplus of inside mids:

McLean - Our best Mid, inside or out - Definite keep

Jones - Still young and supports McLean well, 2nd best mid - Keep

McDonald - Was our best insider up until this season - Will have a reduced role next year in the backlien and retire

Moloney - Not convinced he is an insider, more of a predator type waiting for the ball to be fed to him

Valenti - I was really hoping he'd come on strong but I have my doubts

Grimes - He might be our next big thing in the midfield but I'm just happy for him to play some consistent footy next year