• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Training Session 9th

CARN THE DEES!

On Wednesday the 9th I headed down to Trinity Grammar with my family (which included my sister who i had to put up with her taking photo's of nathan carrols crutch) to watch the boys in red and blue train. This was a very special and rare moment for me as I live in NSW and not only are unable to see the boys train more often but recieve little to no info on how Melbourne and most of the AFL teams are going. So when we pulled up to the Trinity Grammar oval at 10:30 (training started at 10) I felt at home.

The boys were in the middle of what appeared to be a handball game when i arrived and everyone was very vocal and then after this they branched into a standard midfield break into the forward line with Neitz Robbo Garland and maybe someone else i cant remember. I was then at this point asked to help collect the balls being kicked at the goals (a moment of shear ecastsy) and most of the kicking at goal was accurate. After a while some pressure was appiled to the midfield situation which caused more mistakes but overall a good performance. The next session was a practicing being in a conjested area (flooding etc) where players wearing a yellow singlet had to keep posession of the ball this seemed to work most of the time but with the occasional intercept. After all the football work we then moved onto running excercises which involved running over laid down ladders and then steping over those mini hurdle things (not sure on actual term) and then they ran up and did some skipping ran back down and dodged between poles and then repeat. After that everyone streched and headed off.

All in all a solid training session some key points i took out of it:

Players not particpating: Bartram, Whelan, Wheatly, Carrol- icing himself later

Carrol still has a terrible hair cut

Everyone seems to have increased in size (more muscle) no one was scrawny

The training was very football oriented

Dean Bailey wasnt there (well i couldnt see him) but Chris Connoley did attend as well as his son

Everyone was vocal

Neitz is a top bloke spoke to him after training and he asked me how my christmas and new years was!! Politest of those i spoke to (especially Carrol who after being asked how u been said nothing)

Dunn appears to be a midfielder- when i asked him for an autograph he was talking to Paul Williams who said: laughingly "Maybe i should have put more midfield questions in there" obvisously refering to some sort of test and Dunn replyed "If you looked at the results the forwards got most wrong"...Which to me sounds like he is in the midfield.

I have taken photos but I don't have them at the moment will post them when i get them

Thanx CTD. Did McLean, Davey and Sylvia complete the session?

Davey completed the whole session from what i saw and Mclean did wonder over to the players not participating but then returned but Sylvia didnt compelte the entire session but partcipate in most he stopped near the end. But Moloney did complete the entire session.

Davey completed the whole session from what i saw and Mclean did wonder over to the players not participating but then returned but Sylvia didnt compelte the entire session but partcipate in most he stopped near the end. But Moloney did complete the entire session.

Moloneys back....cant wait

Dean Bailey wasnt there (well i couldnt see him) but Chris Connoley did attend as well as his son

Bailey took the training session.

Btw, how many of those balls did you mark ?

Bartram not training is a worry, does anyone know what's actually wrong with him?

You probably already know this, in fact it may have been you that mentioned it originally, but apparently a few weeks ago Chris Connelly went on SEN and was asked about Barts. He mentioned that his ankle injury is going to be Tingay-like in the way they manage it.

Would it be presumptuous to suggest it's related to this? Happy to be corrected, but I've always made the assumption that this is why we've not been hearing much about the kid.

You probably already know this, in fact it may have been you that mentioned it originally, but apparently a few weeks ago Chris Connelly went on SEN and was asked about Barts. He mentioned that his ankle injury is going to be Tingay-like in the way they manage it.

Would it be presumptuous to suggest it's related to this? Happy to be corrected, but I've always made the assumption that this is why we've not been hearing much about the kid.

it almost makes me cry. I think Barts could be an awsome player but this may just screw up his career. Very dissopointing news...i hadnt heard this before too

No, I didn't see that post. That's a concern because they never knew what the problem was with Tingay, even when he went up to Sydney the doctors were still trying to work out what happened when his girlfriend pushed him through the glass door.

Doesn't look good :(

Bailey took the training session.

Btw, how many of those balls did you mark ?

Did he? I couldnt see him but i believe you because my attention to detail is terriable

Umm well i think with the compination of nerves excitement and overwhlement i managed to mark.....1 :wacko:

but i did manage to jar my finger which went black for a while.

Umm well i think with the compination of nerves excitement and overwhlement i managed to mark.....1 :wacko:

but i did manage to jar my finger which went black for a while.

Mate, I think you'll find that H very rarely asks a question he doesn't already know the answer to.

Mate, I think you'll find that H very rarely asks a question he doesn't already know the answer to.

[/quote/]

Yeh i figured but i to answered anyway to my humility

To Carn the Dees, I was the old bloke standing next to you while you were trying to mark the footy.

Like you I also took some photos but dont know how to make them appear where I want them to.

To my old eyes the training this year appears to be more football centered.

In the ruck will determine where we finish this year, Meeson looks a big lickely lad.

Jones looks a gun,with his hairstyle[or lack of] he would look at home in a geelong jumper,but Im glad he is in ours.

Millar oh Millar whats to be done with you, he played better before being reported. It seems to have taken something out of him.

To post pictures, you can either upload your photos onto a free site like photobucket.com and then click on the 'insert image' button in the 'add reply' screen. You then have to put in the URL of the photo you want to post.

Alternatively, you can save the photos on your computer and attach them.

Directly under the writing area, there is section called Attachments. Click on the 'browse' button, select the photo and click 'upload'.

Sorry if that doesn't make much sense, but I don't know how else to explain it. :wacko:

To Carn the Dees, I was the old bloke standing next to you while you were trying to mark the footy.

Like you I also took some photos but dont know how to make them appear where I want them to.

To my old eyes the training this year appears to be more football centered.

In the ruck will determine where we finish this year, Meeson looks a big lickely lad.

Jones looks a gun,with his hairstyle[or lack of] he would look at home in a geelong jumper,but Im glad he is in ours.

Millar oh Millar whats to be done with you, he played better before being reported. It seems to have taken something out of him.

Hi 849dennisj haha nice to hear from you again yeh all the boys where looking very fit but jones seems to have improved the most also Weetra seems to have gained muscle and is looking very fit as well.

Thanks Jaded hopefully i can figure it out now :lol:

How to post a pic

click on browse and locate the pic and you're off and running :lol: :lol: :lol:

edit: don't forget to click on upload

haha thanks mate only problem is that thing isnt working for me so im trying uploading it 2 photo bucket

haha thanks mate only problem is that thing isnt working for me so im trying uploading it 2 photo bucket

There's a size limit to attachments, which is why it's better to embed the pictures using the first method.

If you have anymore issues, PM me the link to where you've uploaded the photos and I'll embed them for you.

There's a size limit to attachments, which is why it's better to embed the pictures using the first method.

If you have anymore issues, PM me the link to where you've uploaded the photos and I'll embed them for you.

Thanks Jaded I should be right the photo's are taking a long time downloading now is all but after that i should be happy as larry :lol: