The Soccer thread

45HG

No doubt we (Chelsea) will be going all out to fight the ban, and hopefully we can possibly get the ban reduced to at least one transfer window. But whatever happens, I just hope FIFA investigate other clubs and stick a similar ban on them as well because there is without a doubt other clubs doing the same thing.

I think we can cope with the squad we have. We have some good, quality depth in the squad, although an aging squad. This could also be a blessing in disguise and give some of our youngsters a chance to break into the first team as well, such as players like Kakuta, Di Santo, Sinclair, Mancienne and Hutchinson.

They're appealing (Chelsea that is). Was the ban 3 transfer windows...or 2?

In other news Lucas Neill is reportedly leaving for Spain......Madrid I believe (SEN - this morning). Probably for the warmer weather....

GG, any news of this (re: Neill) over there?

In all seriousness the sooner they form a super league and ban the ownership of clubs by billionaire oil shieks the better the game will be.

It's gone beyond they joke and I look forward to the day we are back 1 div so we can actually compete on a fairly level field, the EPL has gone backwards in the last 5 years I reckon.

Guest Graham Gaunt
They're appealing (Chelsea that is). Was the ban 3 transfer windows...or 2?

In other news Lucas Neill is reportedly leaving for Spain......Madrid I believe (SEN - this morning). Probably for the warmer weather....

GG, any news of this (re: Neill) over there?

None mate - dunno what Lucas was thinking when he knocked back the deal the Hammers offered him. He may be a real prat after all........

As for news its all about Adebayor, he's a dog FACT!

Should get six weeks for both incidents - any less will be a joke.

UEFA CL starts tonight. Chelsea Porto without the drog. UEFA have overturned Eduardo's diving ban astonishingly. The whole comp is rigged and corrupt top to bottom.

FACT!!!!

GG

Quite sure Neill is a prat.

Whilst on him, it seems he's destined to join fellow Australian Tim Cahill at Everton to fill in the void left by Lescott.

Rumours about a big signing for Victory also...

Guest Graham Gaunt
Quite sure Neill is a prat.

Whilst on him, it seems he's destined to join fellow Australian Tim Cahill at Everton to fill in the void left by Lescott.

Rumours about a big signing for Victory also...

Yep spot on - reported this morning - Medical for the free agent today at Goodison Park.

On the balance of play it was at least even in the first half and at 1 nil if that penalty was paid then who knows.

But credit where it's due, from there we stopped and chelsea were too good

I don't understand why we play the whinger over crouch. That should have been a penalty, but no wonder it wasn't.

when u say the whinger im guessing u mean Keane...

and we play him because he is more flexible than crouch and not one dimensional!

keane may be abit out of form but its because he has been played out of position and defoe is selfish as u will get

crouch has twice hit the bar of keane crosses this year btw

that being said i woud like to see a sub at half time every game almost

so Pav crouch defoe and keane can all play together at some time

We are stuffed without Modric. We needs him, he is what we build our team around. Once King went off with ANOTHER INJURY the game changed.

Lennon, Jenas and Defoe were poor. Crouch did well when he came on and created a chance which bloody Palacios should have buried.

i think the real problem is huddlestone... i would rather see bentley or dos santos

modric will be back... we played 2 of the best opposition yes it was sad to lose but we could have easily lost with our best side in.

And I'm sorry, but you cannot reasonably expect me to believe that playing Defoe and Keane is more flexible than playing Crouch and Defoe.

A stat like Crouch hitting the bar off two Keane crosses is also largely irrelevant, Crouch could get his head on most crosses and this only further underlines why I think Crouch should be in instead of Keane - that crosses like that can be made!

We're too small up front which means we attack the same way each time - that's pretty one dimensional.

Furthermore, Keane should spend more time worrying about playing the game and less time falling over and whinging for fouls. Can't believe we made him captain straight after coming back.

And I'm sorry, but you cannot reasonably expect me to believe that playing Defoe and Keane is more flexible than playing Crouch and Defoe.

A stat like Crouch hitting the bar off two Keane crosses is also largely irrelevant, Crouch could get his head on most crosses and this only further underlines why I think Crouch should be in instead of Keane - that crosses like that can be made!

We're too small up front which means we attack the same way each time - that's pretty one dimensional.

Furthermore, Keane should spend more time worrying about playing the game and less time falling over and whinging for fouls. Can't believe we made him captain straight after coming back.

cleary u dont have clue..

and have sour grapes about keano leaving