Demonstone's YACK (Yet Another Cryptic Kerfuffle)

Timothy Reddan-A'Blew has successfully identified 'Lovett or leave et' and therefore gets to choose which Lovett that refers to.

Demonstone gets the nod for Little Red Truck being Van Rooyen - Rooyen being 'red' in Afrikaans, where the name (or that spelling of it in particular) is mostly from.

Leaving only the much loved Daniher era stalwart who remarkably only played in one finals win.

* Rolling attack of the French!      

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Little Goffy said:

Timothy Reddan-A'Blew has successfully identified 'Lovett or leave et' and therefore gets to choose which Lovett that refers to.

Demonstone gets the nod for Little Red Truck being Van Rooyen - Rooyen being 'red' in Afrikaans, where the name (or that spelling of it in particular) is mostly from.

Leaving only the much loved Daniher era stalwart who remarkably only played in one finals win.

I can't split that gunn pair so I'm going with Brenn!

Thanks for the 'red'ucation, too!

And now the pain continues into another day...

• Like 1

When Clausewitz stated that "It is in the nature of the French to attack", he was referring to a very different spirit than the ennui that had them labelled 'cheese eating surrender monkeys' a century later.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Little Goffy said:

Expecting the answer before game time, LG!

1 hour ago, Little Goffy said:

Well, I'm embarrased now.

Wheel Elan.

Oh.

You mean when half the French attack?

🙂

Edited by Timothy Reddan-A'Blew

@Little Goffy and @Timothy Reddan-A'Blew Is the answer to Rolling attack of the French!  in the banter of the last few posts. 

If so, it went over my head! 

If not, @Little Goffy it seems you have stumped the Master himself @Demonstone.  Well done! 

15 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

@Little Goffy and @Timothy Reddan-A'Blew Is the answer to Rolling attack of the French!  in the banter of the last few posts. 

If so, it went over my head! 

If not, @Little Goffy it seems you have stumped the Master himself @Demonstone.  Well done! 

Whelan

'Wheel' = Rolling

elan = French for momentum

the attack component stumped me

I was trying to jam Lever in as the answer, as in

Le (the) ver(?)

Edited by Engorged Onion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Engorged Onion said:

Whelan

'Wheel' = Rolling

elan = French for momentum

the attack component stumped me

I was trying to jam Lever in as the answer, as in

Le (the) ver(?)

Thanks!

I completely missed the clues/answer

But I take some solace in that Mr D did also.🙃

Edited by Lucifers Hero

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

EPILOGUE by Whispering Jack

I sit huddled in near darkness, the only light coming through flickering embers in a damp fireplace, the room in total silence after the thunderstorm died. I wonder if they bothered to restart the game.  No point really. It was over before it started. The team’s five star generals in defence and midfield ruled out of the fray, a few others missing in action against superior enemy firepower and too few left to fly the flag for the field marshal defiantly leading his outnumbered army int

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons

PODCAST: Rd 24 vs Collingwood

The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 26th August @ 7:30pm. Join Binman & I as we analyse the Demons loss at the MCG against the Magpies in the Round 24. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIVE: ht

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 16

VOTES: Rd 24 vs Collingwood

Captain Max Gawn leads Vice Captain Jack Viney and Trent Rivers in the Demonland Player of the Year. The injured pair of Steven May & Christian Petracca round out the Top 5. Your votes please. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 25

POSTGAME: Rd 24 vs Collingwood

The Dees played insipid, error riddled & uninspiring footy all night and in a lightning delayed match they eventually succumbed to Collingwood by 46 points at the MCG in the final game of the year. Thank God this season is finally over. Bring on 2025. 

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 208

GAMEDAY: Rd 24 vs Collingwood

It's Game Day and in just a few hours age-old rivals Melbourne and Collingwood, with a history steeped in blood, sweat and unforgettable clashes, will run out onto the hallowed turf of the MCG, to ignite the stadium one last time in season 2024. Let the memory of this season burn.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 759

LAST DANCE by The Oracle

Forget the wishful thinking from Magpie fans who think their team can perform yet another miracle and somehow snatch a place in the 2024 finals series when their team takes on the Demons at the MCG on Friday night. It ain’t gunna happen. They can whistle Dixie through their non-existent front teeth but the fact of the matter is that both teams have run their race. The game is a dead rubber — for each of them, this will be the last dance of the season.  And given the history between the two

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 2

RED FACED by Whispering Jack

The wind and the hot unseasonable temperatures together with lights turned on mid game at People First Stadium conspired to leave many Suns players and supporters red faced and gasping for air as the Demons proved a number of points on their way to a nine goal triumph on Saturday afternoon in the Carrara sunshine. Melbourne is the only non-Queensland team to taste victory at this venue in 2024. This surely leaves a number of journalists and media mavens red faced after they rushed to pass

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports 3

CRASH LANDING by KC from Casey

The Gold Coast is putting on a fabulous extravaganza this weekend in the form of the Pacific Airshow. Residents in this part of the world have been treated to a magnificent aerial pageant with a jet-powered spectacle of acrobatics and the excitement of sky diving in the skies over Surfers Paradise.  Meanwhile, the AFL matches at nearby Carrara have been relegated to the status of a mere sideshow to the dare-devilry in the air although it should be said that the Casey Demons managed to get i

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

PREGAME: Rd 24 vs Collingwood

The Demons take on the Magpies in a dead rubber in their last match of the 2024 Premiership Season with pride on the line. Who comes in and who goes out?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 176
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!