POSTGAME: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

Would love to us play with a bit more run and flair, I know opening up the game hasn’t worked well this season but our stagnant ball movement is so frustrating to watch, especially in the 4th where we just looked terrified to take the game on at all. The only time we’ve really looked fluent this season is in the practice game against Carlton and rd 1 vs the Dogs apart from that it’s been a struggle…that said i still enjoy getting to the G and supporting the boys it’s not always going to be rosy, I think everyone is trying hard it just isn’t coming together much at the moment 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Max may have described Oliver's game as 'selfless' but some facts from The Age:

“...he had a dirty night, unable to break the hard tag of Will Phillips. His tally of 14 possessions was his equal second-lowest from 176 games. Seven were turnovers... Wherever Oliver went, Phillips followed. By his side at every stoppage, and in his head... Oliver gave away five frees."

iirc he also gave away at least one 50m.  Had one tackle.

That is not a 'selfless' performance nor is it team oriented play.  By now Oliver should have learnt how to shake a tag or at least match his opponent in effort ie tackles.  Phillips had eight.

Was it just an off night for Oliver.  Methinks, not.

Oliver isn’t fit. He doesn’t have the power to break away like he used to. Why do so many people refuse to use context when analysing players and our team. He’s a freak footballer who’s underdone. Next season he will be fine. Leave him be. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

“...he had a dirty night, unable to break the hard tag of Will Phillips. His tally of 14 possessions was his equal second-lowest from 176 games. Seven were turnovers... Wherever Oliver went, Phillips followed. By his side at every stoppage, and in his head... Oliver gave away five frees."

That is not a 'selfless' performance nor is it team oriented play.  By now Oliver should have learnt how to shake a tag or at least match his opponent in effort ie tackles.  Phillips had eight.

Oliver isn’t fit. He doesn’t have the power to break away like he used to. Why do so many people refuse to use context when analysing players and our team. He’s a freak footballer who’s underdone. Next season he will be fine. Leave him be. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, von said:

2 minutes ago, von said:

I heard you the first time 🙃

Edit:

And the third time 😉

1 minute ago, von said:

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, von said:

Surely a huge component... he's been giving us sublime football since he debuted. One down year where everything isn't going to plan and the knives are out. If, big if mind you, he can get to a better head space and return to full fitness over pre-season, I expect to see clayton of old. Would be madness to trade unless he's off field issues become untenable.

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Was it just an off night for Oliver.  Methinks, 

Edited by von
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, von said:

We heard you first time Von! 😂🤩😉😉

• Haha 1

We have a player who is the best contested ball player I have ever seen and who was instrumental in our 21 flag.

He is my favourite player.

He is struggling atm.

He has had no pre season, injuries, personal issues and plenty of mates in the team also in poor form.

Yes his disposal is not great atm and until last night was still at least getting a lot of the ball.

He had a hard tag yesterday, where he was constantly infringed and once even thrown to the ground without the ball again without a free and yet is constantly being harshly treated by the umpires. He handballs away in a split second and is then pinged for throwing or htb.

The club has not come out and had a go in the media about this to support him, which most other clubs do and would. That could help. It is disappointing.

He will come good again, but it might not be his best until next year, when he can have a proper pre season and get over his injuries and other issues.

We need to support him and get off his back.

He has given us plenty and maybe we should give a bit back.

Go Clarry and Go Dees.

• Like 15
  • Clap 1

3 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

I heard you the first time 🙃

Edit:

And the third time 😉

Not my fault the page/internet is playing up. 

7 hours ago, ElDiablo14 said:

Please be honest with me WCW, I can take any criticism.

I have said before that I consider myself a bit cynical and negative, and I can be perceived as "bagging" the club.

If anything I bag the coach because, in all honesty, I lost any faith in him and I am far from the only one here on DL or in the social media.

I applaud your fortitude to maintain a positive spin on things even during the dark days, but I think everyone lives and feels the sport in different ways.

I care for this club to maximise what it has in terms of talent and potential, feels very frustrating the way they have performed in the last 5 weeks.

I only ask to not be disingenuous as I don't keep talking about the coach every day and in every topic, I only do it when the topic is being discussed. I just spent two weeks overseas and pretty much I did not engage at all in DL.

I only try to voice my preference for the club to be brave and make some real changes for next season, I know I am being silly because guarantee you no-one from the club reads DL and if they do, they won't listen to ED14 and his uneducated takes.

I will be back to the G next year, despite some people asking me to abandon the club. I believe this club deserves best, as I have come to know the history and the significance for the sport that this ancient club has. The only thing I can do as an individual is to go to the G and pay my membership to provide some economic and passionate support, small as it can be.

🔴🔵 Always, ElDiablo.

Ya think?!

It’s not a perception, it’s an unmitigated fact.

You. Bag. The. Club.

You. Bag. Goody.

What you’ve said above is all well and good but that’s not indicative of your usual bash-fest.

Your tone (above) is also not a representation of your usual posts which are oftentimes annoyingly cavalier. Example…

15 hours ago, ElDiablo14 said:

With your favourite Skip Simon G. Toot toot! 💨💨

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, of course, and I know I’ll have this thrown at me yet again, but please know that it’s the posting of people like you that will drive people away from Demonland. If that sits well with you… fine, keep it up.

• Like 1
  • Clap 4

22 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

And some should live in reality and look at facts.

We live in a post fact world. Would you like facts interpreted the way you see them or the way someone else sees them?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Ya think?!

It’s not a perception, it’s an unmitigated fact.

You. Bag. The. Club.

You. Bag. Goody.

What you’ve said above is all well and good but that’s not indicative of your usual bash-fest.

Your tone (above) is also not a representation of your usual posts which are oftentimes annoyingly cavalier. Example…

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, of course, and I know I’ll have this thrown at me yet again, but please know that it’s the posting of people like you that will drive people away from Demonland. If that sits well with you… fine, keep it up.

So people should only post what you want to read it is a forumto express one's opinion life isn't always full of roses.

• Like 3
  • Clap 2

7 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Clearly we had a good list in 21 but it obviously wasn't as great as we thought it was. 

It’s was good enough to land a Premiership. I’d call that a great list.. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, von said:

We live in a post fact world. Would you like facts interpreted the way you see them or the way someone else sees them?

I can see with my own eyes and it ain't all roses like some want it to be.

1 minute ago, demon3165 said:

So people should only post what you want to read it is a forumto express one's opinion life isn't always full of roses.

Nope, but a little restraint with how you say thing and how often you say things may help. 

Too many Keyboard warriors who would never talk in this way saying the same thing over and over again in person. If they did they be very lonely as no one would want to be in their presence. 

• Like 2
  • Clap 2

45 minutes ago, PaulRB said:

Atomised view from the Age.

Footy is a team sport, Clarry finding himself (again) with the heavy tag from Phillips went and sit on Ugle-Hagen (spelling off) which resulted in Jack Viney having more latitude to create, which he did. Hence Goodwin seeing this as selfless, which it was. 

Media analysis is so shallow, click bait and  cult of personality driven that it offers little useful observations… 

31 minutes ago, von said:

I'm a big fan of Oliver.  Not sure why folks get so defensive when a poster describes what has happened in a game.

And I'm proud of being a positive poster who has given a lot to DL.

But I can't be bothered defending myself just because someone doesn't like what I quoted.

It is now at the stage that no-one can say/report something that isn't positive without a mini pile on.

Just when I was beginning to go 'back into the water' ... will now reinstate my self imposed DL ban and stick to responding to PM's.

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 5
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, demon3165 said:

Just like they said about the dogs to.

Different scenario than the dogs. Top of the ladder at seasons end with a well deserved Premiership. 10 wins in the trot post Premiership… 

🤔🤔🤔🤔

etc 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Demonsterative said:

Different scenario than the dogs. Top of the ladder at seasons end with a well deserved Premiership. 10 wins in the trot post Premiership… 

🤔🤔🤔🤔

etc 

And? Your point is one flag in 57 years, so let's compare us and the great sides of Brisbane, Geelong, Hawk's  and Richmond will we.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

I'm a big fan of Oliver.  Not sure why folks get so defensive when a poster describes what has happened in a game.

And I'm proud of being a positive poster who has given a lot to DL.

But I can't be bothered defending myself just because someone has a different view.

It is now at the stage that no-one can say/report something that isn't positive without a mini pile on.

Just when I was beginning to go 'back into the water' ... will now reinstate my self imposed DL ban

It goes the other way as well when people post something that's not positive the usual minions come out to pile on.

• Like 2

Just now, demon3165 said:

And? Your point is one flag in 57 years, so let's compare us and the great sides of Brisbane, Geelong, Hawk's  and Richmond will we.

No comparison 3165. Better teams and better run clubs than us. My point was our list was great in 2021. 

• Like 1