A Day at the Races

Toorak

5 minutes ago, Macca said:

Ha ha!  Well it's good to see that my relentless promotion of overseas racing is having an effect Wadda ?  

Yes i think it must be Macca!

All in Brawl just went down to a bolter.....(sound familiar) Ran well tho.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Yes i think it must be Macca!

All in Brawl just went down to a bolter.....(sound familiar) Ran well tho.

On debut as well was the winner - Mig Energy.  Very impressive ... another one to watch hey Wadda - The Black Book is filling up fast!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Macca said:

On debut as well was the winner - Mig Energy.  Very impressive ... another one to watch hey Wadda - The Black Book is filling up fast!

Certainly is.

• Like 2

All set fellas,  $30 after a multiplier for our bests.

Here is my longshot bet of the weekend and it should be more than $41. 

Sydney vs Collingwood - Draw. I’m on ??

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

Wow, Spin is going around at Kembla Grange in a Maiden now. $1.12 lol, ran 2nd to Santos in the Autumn. 

Edit: Wins comfortably. 

Edited by Dee Zephyr
  • Shocked 2

14 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Wow, Spin is going around at Kembla Grange in a Maiden now. $1.12 lol, ran 2nd to Santos in the Autumn. 

Edit: Wins comfortably. 

I know another team that goes around tomorrow at 1.03....and it BETTER win comfortably, or i will be comfortably numb!

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Spin won but the jockey had to go to work on the horse. 

The 3rd race at the Valley has some likely types running around and is probably the best race on the card ... I've avoided the race as there are probably 6 or 7 genuine chances ?

• Like 2

Just now, Wadda We Sing said:

I know another team that goes around tomorrow at 1.03....and it BETTER win comfortably, or i will be comfortably numb!

$1.03?? I got ripped off, I only got $1.02 on TAB.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Macca said:

Spin won but the jockey had to go to work on the horse. 

The 3rd race at the Valley has some likely types running around and is probably the best race on the card ... I've avoided the race as there are probably 6 or 7 genuine chances ?

You’re right Macca in regards to Spin. I thought around the 300 it looked in a tiny bit of strife when the jock asked the horse to respond.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

You beauty!!!

Zac is a good jockey.. Well done Macca.

2 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Nice way to bring up your second win Streets Of Avalon. Loved the fist pump by Zac Spain passing the post.

Looked the winner a fair way from home ... had a bit on at $4.80 so playing with house money for the rest of the afternoon.  A BM70 seemed unders for Streets of Avalon.  Well placed by the connections. 

Fingers crossed for Smartedge & Kementari

• Like 2

Terrific race it turned out to be. I thought Kementari was held up at a crucial stage and it enabled Pierata to gain a winning break. 

Kementari certainly put in some big strides the last 100-200. 

• Like 2

Pierata had the ideal run with Kementari held up a tad ... there's not a lot between the 2 although Kementari would probably turn the tables next time.  I wouldn't say it was a good thing beaten although that argument does have merit.

They might both get a run in the Everest with 3 spots up for grabs ... by my reckoning they ran in the low 01:08's so the time was slick enough.  Lanciato ran an eye-catching run.

The 1400m & 1600m Group 1's in the Spring are something to look forward to with these 2 along with Shoals,  Alizee,  Santa Ana Lane et al competing.

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Macca said:

Pierata had the ideal run with Kementari held up a tad ... there's not a lot between the 2 although Kementari would probably turn the tables next time.  I wouldn't say it was a good thing beaten although that argument does have merit.

They might both get a run in the Everest with 3 spots up for grabs ... by my reckoning they ran in the low 01:08's so the time was slick enough.  Lanciato ran an eye-catching run.

The 1400m & 1600m Group 1's in the Spring are something to look forward to with these 2 along with Shoals,  Alizee,  Santa Ana Lane et al competing.

Sorry but totally missed all the action today. Did roof insulation......i live in an old miners cottage and its freezing, so been waiting for a mate to come over and help me.....was up there for hours....even discovered an old wooden shingle roof from early last century under the corrugated sheets! ....but i digress.....i take it Kementari didnt win.....

I did however pick the 3 games today all under 15.5pts in a multi so happy with that!

The kangas got up Macca as you said.....and i think Adelaide winning will help the Dees.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Sorry but totally missed all the action today. Did roof insulation......i live in an old miners cottage and its freezing, so been waiting for a mate to come over and help me.....was up there for hours....even discovered an old wooden shingle roof from early last century under the corrugated sheets! ....but i digress.....i take it Kementari didnt win.....

I did however pick the 3 games today all under 15.5pts in a multi so happy with that!

The kangas got up Macca as you said.....and i think Adelaide winning will help the Dees.

Well done on your multi Wadda ... I broke even very early on but only had 1 more collect with bets already laid on.  Got a number of winners from the experts tips (Gator,  Hutchy,  JJ & Brad Davidson) but no trifecta's.  But I had a feeling things were going to go that way. 

And after re-viewing the Missile Stakes a few times I reckon Kementari was a good thing beaten.  In any event it won't have lost any of its admirers.

I've gone again with Self Sense in a multi with a couple of Rugby League line bets ... there's talk of taking Self Sense to the UK for the lucrative jumps season in early 2019 and why not? ... the horse is in great form over the flat or the jumps.

The Grand National Hurdle is on at 2.20pm tomorrow

Anyway,  for those who haven't seen the race,  here's the replay of the Missile Stakes ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Macca said:

Well done on your multi Wadda ... I broke even very early on but only had 1 more collect with bets already laid on.  Got a number of winners from the experts tips (Gator,  Hutchy,  JJ & Brad Davidson) but no trifecta's.  But I had a feeling things were going to go that way. 

And after re-viewing the Missile Stakes a few times I reckon Kementari was a good thing beaten.  In any event it won't have lost any of its admirers.

I've gone again with Self Sense in a multi with a couple of Rugby League line bets ... there's talk of taking Self Sense to the UK for the lucrative jumps season in early 2019 and why not? ... the horse is in great form over the flat or the jumps.

The Grand National Hurdle is on at 2.20pm tomorrow

Anyway,  for those who haven't seen the race,  here's the replay of the Missile Stakes ...

Thats the first time ive seen it.....well that was definitely a blistering run from Kementari.......totally held up. Pfft!

Where did DZs horse finish? Did it get a place??

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Thats the first time ive seen it.....well that was definitely a blistering run from Kementari.......totally held up. Pfft!

Where did DZs horse finish? Did it get a place??

Smartedge flew home and finished 3rd ... all our 3 picks could have easily saluted. 

Best Bet strike rate (new season)  3: 1-1-1

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Macca said:

Smartedge flew home and finished 3rd ... all our 3 picks could have easily saluted. 

Best Bet strike rate (new season)  3: 1-1-1

Yes....good one Macca, new season indeed!! How did we finish the old season by the way>?....just wondering....

I took both you guys horses for a place, but Kementari was only paying 1.15, so i put it in for a win....should have gone the other way...

I had it anchoring a few footy multis, oh well..

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Yes....good one Macca, new season indeed!! How did we finish the old season by the way>?....just wondering....

I took both you guys horses for a place, but Kementari was only paying 1.15, so i put it in for a win....should have gone the other way...

I had it anchoring a few footy multis, oh well..

I haven't kept track Wadda but at a guess I reckon we might have ended up at 65: 30 - 11 - 7

If I ever get the time I'll get the exact configuration of numbers but those figures wouldn't be far off the mark ... we started off all guns blazing then kept getting 1 winner only and occasionally 2 winners with the odd placing here and there.

My strategy is to back each horse for the win or at least include any of our picks in a trifecta ... for instance,  today I had my biggest wager on 'Streets of Avalon',  another small wager on 'Smartedge' and included Kementari in a trifecta.  As well as multi them up with another small wager. 

All up,  I doubled my total outlay with our best bets with only the 1 winner out of the 4 total bets. I should have got the trifecta in the Kementari race but used a somewhat poor strategy. 

Anyway,  I'll try and make a habit of posting up our win & trifecta records along with a few replays and videos on a Monday or a Tuesday.  Along with of course the link to the Australian Group & Listed Races

The Spring Carnival really swings into gear quite early these days ... In 2 weeks time (Aug 18th) we'll see a total of 10 Group races across Randwick & Caulfield where Winx is the star attraction in her own event - The Group 1 Winx Stakes (formerly the Warwick Stakes)  The race is now worth $500k.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Macca said:

I haven't kept track Wadda but at a guess I reckon we might have ended up at 65: 30 - 11 - 7

If I ever get the time I'll get the exact configuration of numbers but those figures wouldn't be far off the mark

Turns out I was miles off the mark @Wadda We Sing 

Last season's best bet record ... 82: 28 - 16 - 6

Best Bet Record (2018/19) ... 3: 1 - 1 - 1

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Macca said:

Turns out I was miles off the mark @Wadda We Sing 

Last season's best bet record ... 82: 28 - 16 - 6

Best Bet Record (2018/19) ... 3: 1 - 1 - 1

wOW......seems we started off with a bang, then the downward J Curve really kicked in.....winter, late autumn im guessing. Still its all good practice for you know when!!

• Like 2

Just now, Wadda We Sing said:

wOW......seems we started off with a bang, then the downward J Curve really kicked in.....winter, late autumn im guessing. Still its all good practice for you know when!!

Was thinking the same thing Wadda ... our record post late April started plummeting.  Much prefer having my hard-earned on proven Group performers (or suchlike) but I've purposely looked for some value runners backed up by the form experts in the off-season.  

With dividends around the $4 - $5 mark we only need 1 winner to make a profit (if we back them all to win)  Even including any of the tips in a 2 - 5 - 5 trifecta only costs $10 for 45% of the dividend (if you like another horse in a best-bet race)

Races like the Missile Stakes are different - we're more inclined to use our own knowledge & judgement in trying to find the winner in such a race.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Macca said:

Was thinking the same thing Wadda ... our record post late April started plummeting.  Much prefer having my hard-earned on proven Group performers (or suchlike) but I've purposely looked for some value runners backed up by the form experts in the off-season.  

With dividends around the $4 - $5 mark we only need 1 winner to make a profit (if we back them all to win)  Even including any of the tips in a 2 - 5 - 5 trifecta only costs $10 for 45% of the dividend (if you like another horse in a best-bet race)

Races like the Missile Stakes are different - we're more inclined to use our own knowledge & judgement in trying to find the winner in such a race.

Yep, i agree. If you can find a couple of value runners and put them together it will pay for weeks of punting! maybe more......Having said that tho, in the spring quite often a fav can be paying upwards of $4.00....which is why its so attractive to punt at that time.

Ive got a heap of long distant bets hinging on the some runners in featured races such as Ace High and getting odds in the high double figures......if only 1 or 2 of those come off then its well worth the wait.

• Like 2