Lynden Dunn

Pata

The love for him is exaggerated in this thread for precisely the opposite reason. I don't think me, or any of his supporters in this thread, think he's in even the best 200 players in the comp, but the way you and half of this board carry on, he wouldn't get a kick for Lalor's under 15's.

Why are you posting in a Lynden Dunn thread at the moment? Didn't you hear that Roos has signed and his thread is going off at the moment??!!!

[censored], what am I doing in this thread?!

• Like 1

Why are you posting in a Lynden Dunn thread at the moment? Didn't you hear that Roos has signed and his thread is going off at the moment??!!!

[censored], what am I doing in this thread?!

Demonlanders have become accustomed to negativity! (probably just needs to get his daily dose)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

As per usual he starts the year off as ordinary and then plays a couple games that I would consider as 'par' towards the end and people wish to keep him.

He adds absolutely zero value to our team other than the occasional comical moment. Has been tried in every spot on the ground and has never been close to cementing one. Please move him on.

Well done Lynden, you proved me wrong Friday night as I thought you did a good job and made me eat my words.

Hoping you keep doing this and make me look like a complete fool.

Good lad

• Like 6

Well done Lynden, you proved me wrong Friday night as I thought you did a good job and made me eat my words.

Hoping you keep doing this and make me look like a complete fool.

Good lad

I think your hopes may come true. I think Dunn may finally start to repay our investment what since 2005? I think with Roos giving him a simple and constant role he will finally work it all out.

• Like 1

Looked competent down back. Love his long, fast kicks of the footy. That one to Jones down the wing for Jones 9 pointer was a beautiful thing.

In years gone by there's been much chagrin with regards to Dunnys mongrel and niggle on the opposition but it's never been an issue for me. His jumper punching has been a by product of frustration over time and at last, like many other team mates, he has some real direction in the role he plays for the team.

A key in defence.

• Like 1

I've never liked Dunn much at all, terrible decision maker and has a poor attitude, but he's been decent, not great by any means, in the last part of the year and there's been no one knocking down the door to replace him. Still is a decent size/kick and has shown form in different positions throughout his career. Used to compare him to Bate quite a lot, similiar type of player, drafted together, born in the same month of the same year too and similiarly frustrating/didn't really have a position. Thought they'd get delisted together but the stars alligned to see Bate go and Dunn stay. I'm happy for Dunn to stay, but hopefully well disciplined, more hungry to stay in the team and taught to make better decisions from his kick ins. He's always had versatility so I wouldn't mind seeing him as a tagger/forward again either, he kicked quite a few goals in 2010. Or at least for him to wander up a bit more to kick goals from 50. We need a player like that

could be handy for Roosy's paddock, from the back half kicking long into a sparse forward zone.

this is where Fitz, J K-H, & Blease could come in handy.

Over his career Dunn has been a just-barely-adequate AFL footballer, his record of often dropping back to VFL level even when a 'good' 22 couldn't be filled kind of confirms that decisively.

He's also had some visibly good games and plenty of visibly terrible games.

Also individual quarters within games, and individual acts within quarters.

Seems to be showing improvement this pre-season, which is clearly just doing everyone's head in.

But, on a positive, looks like he is filling Sylvia's role as far as the intensity and style of debate about him goes.

• Like 1

Well said.

Someone has finally tried to rid him of his false bravado and brain fades.

Wonder who that was...

Good role player for the next few years.

Moving on...

Edited by rpfc
  • Like 2

Dunn has become an asset out of our back half, last season i feel like he was much more disciplined and stuck to his role and although a couple games he did get beat, he was very solid in a defence that had the ball continually flying in.

He has a very good ratio of breaking even in one on one contests in the backline, and has the capability of playing tall and small, but his obvious weapon is his disposal out of our back 50. More often than not when he takes the kick out it hits a target and if not it is 75 m up the field anyway, sure he is a bit of a goon and has a knack of getting on everyones nerves, but at the end of the day he is in our best 22 and almost in our top 10 players to be picked weekly.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.