5 Years Says Neeld - Who is going to cop that?

Mongrel Dee

Read my lips. Neeld should not shoulder all the blame for where we currently find ourselves, but in the current market, we must be seen to be doing something. We cannot wait another 3 plus years for a discernible improvement. Any business needs to protects its revenue base. If you reckon we are doing that now, then I must be in the wrong business.

Er, maybe we are protecting revenue base, maybe Peter Jackson is all for Neeld's plan and timeframe and as we speak is implementing strategies to achieve this, I don't know, do you?

You still haven't answered my points, ask CFB he will give you pointers on how to answer but not answer

From 1964 only 2 coaches have made it past 5 seasons... Daniher (10) who you conviently used in your stat old dee ;) and Northey (6).

I had a look at a handfull of clubs and the only one who could match us was St. Kilda, the rest had lower turnaround rates.

I am not sure how long you want to go back PJ.

But I thought looking at the last three coaches was a reasonable time frame.

If we take the last twenty years we are not a club that sacks coaches willy nilly.

Lets just leave MN out of this discussion.

If you have made a poor choice and have a poor coach I hope you are not suggesting the coach should be retained

simply because it will not look good to sack a coach before his contarct is up

• Like 2

Oh good, not a fan of the Simpsons actually, lot of what they do is recycled, a bit like some posters on this board actually, are you actually going to go against history and actually provide some insightful commentary on this topic, or just your usual 'pop culutre', don't want you damaging anything

No, I will just stick with pop culture. You clearly know everything.

Er, maybe we are protecting revenue base, maybe Peter Jackson is all for Neeld's plan and timeframe and as we speak is implementing strategies to achieve this, I don't know, do you?

You still haven't answered my points, ask CFB he will give you pointers on how to answer but not answer

What a joke. I will go to your lowest common denominator form of debate. Like it or not, I will lay London to a brick, Neeld will be gone before season's end. It is already written.

• Like 2

What a joke. I will go to your lowest common denominator form of debate. Like it or not, I will lay London to a brick, Neeld will be gone before season's end. It is already written.

How do you know, I can't spend bricks, how about some readies if you are so sure, say $30 to make it interesting, I could buy myself some fish and chips then before the game, you name the date when he won't be coach

No, I will just stick with pop culture. You clearly know everything.

I don't know everything, but quite a lot, and I can also get into a debate, because I am willing and able to back up my opinions with facts rather than hearsay/tittle tattle/rumour/innuendo/personal agendas/bile that some other posters use

What do you think he said at the interview, that he would come in and we would win the flag last year?

You lay out what you think, under different scenarios, that is why there are two or three interviews, do you really think the board and Schwab didn't know what was required

The only thing that shits me at the moment is one G. Lyon trying to get out from under now that he thinks it is all going pear shaped, can't have his reputation tarnished can we

The interview was two years ago, if he is saying five years now , that makes seven!

Not to win a flag, just to be competitive?

I dont think anyone would have copped that.

Edited by DeeZee
  • Like 1

don't know everything, but quite a lot, and I can also get into a debate, because I am willing and able to back up my opinions with facts rather than hearsay/tittle tattle/rumour/innuendo/personal agendas/bile that some other posters use

I noticed. You get into quite a few debates within this forum with many a person. One might say you are a 'mass debater?'

(I'll see my way out)

Glad you like the Simpsons references. I prepared another for you especially.

Ironically enough, how Krusty was acting is how I feel whenever you come on the board to give us your sage wisdom.

Krusty's finest moment. Without a doubt! :)

I noticed. You get into quite a few debates within this forum with many a person. One might say you are a 'mass debater?'

(I'll see my way out)

It's usually a battle of wits with unarmed men, but hey, I find it entertaining, got to try and keep the Demonland Orcs under control, thought you would have WYL chortling alongside you, hasn't got the bottle to take me on by himself

Edited by Satyriconhome

It's usually a battle of wits with unarmed men, but hey, I find it entertaining, got to try and keep the Demonland Orcs under control, thought you would have WYL chortling alongside you, hasn't got the bottle to take me on by himself

And one of these days, I will rock up to Melbourne training, finding you haunched in a corner, giggling softly. I will provide you with a Little Golden Book and put you on the road to having the artillery you need. I'm thinking of 'The Poky Little Puppy'. How does that sound?

There is nothing to debate. I just think our present senior is in too deep. I don't think he has the experience needed to rebuild this brittle beauty.

And the concept of the next 15 weeks with no crowds and the football world laughing at us whilst luring our senior players away, followed by a 3rd year of the same i cannot stomach.

Neeld has got to put wins on the board at the final siren, not just 4 minutes of competitiveness.

This is what Tanking does to a club who didn't put the hard work in, but took the easier path.

We need the most experienced Coach President & CEO in the land if we are ever going to win the 13th

• Like 1

Hahaha! That's just plain funny.

You just aint worth the time sunshine, because you don't listen anyway.

Signing up 10 members a night whilst admirable is not going to save this old girl.

It's right on the edge stuff NOW.

How do you know, I can't spend bricks, how about some readies if you are so sure, say $30 to make it interesting, I could buy myself some fish and chips then before the game, you name the date when he won't be coach

I don't know everything, but quite a lot, and I can also get into a debate, because I am willing and able to back up my opinions with facts rather than hearsay/tittle tattle/rumour/innuendo/personal agendas/bile that some other posters use

Showing my age I guess. http://blogs.abc.net.au/nsw/2010/07/london-to-a-brick-on.html?site=sydney&program=wordwatch

Signing up 10 members a night whilst admirable is not going to save this old girl.

Apparently WYL, everything is just fine and dandy. We just have to be a little bit more patient. Waiting................... still waiting.

• Like 2

Apparently WYL, everything is just fine and dandy. We just have to be a little bit more patient. Waiting................... still waiting.

Yes Iva i get that. Bit like Ned Flanders waiting for the 4 horsemen of the Apocalypse isn't it.

Ignoring the self righteous and obnoxious amongst us for one moment...

I have in the past have had a go at people on this forum for being overly negative. The loss against Brisbane comes to mind. I couldn't believe people were so snarky when we were expected to lose by at least 5 goals. The loss against Richmond was a bit of a turning point for me. It seemed that for some, that loss was the end goal. Chris Dawes summed it up quite brilliantly (this is a paraphrase), 'Being competitive is step one. But we still lost and we can't accept that.' It seems for some that this is acceptable.

We can get into all the semantic and he said/she said games we like but the scoreboard is damning. We all know where we are on the ladder. We know we are going to make a 1.5 million dollar loss this year (or more). We have fired our CEO and the caretaker coming in has described our football department as dysfunctional. Our board was not strong enough to fire said CEO after the result of a game spooked them into turning 180 degrees. Yes, Bailey should have gone but CS should have too. The board needed to be even handed. At least 5 senior players have been discarded/walked away from the club and it is unlikely we will see them back in any capacity in the foreseeable future, There are lots of gaping wounds that need to be healed (economic based ones and relationship based ones) Is this repairable? I think it can be repaired but it will take a Herculean effort.It will take more than PJ to get us out of this. It will take the work of many a good and committed person to fix this up.

It's a long time since the start of the 2010 season. We were supposed to be on the start of an upward curve THEN.

Edited by Guest

Yes Iva i get that. Bit like Ned Flanders waiting for the 4 horsemen of the Apocalypse isn't it.

Or Samuel Beckett's Waiting for Godot:

"Let us not waste our time in idle discourse! (Pause. Vehemently.) Let us do something, while we have the chance! It is not every day that we are needed. But at this place, at this moment of time, all mankind is us, whether we like it or not. Let us make the most of it, before it is too late!"

Or Samuel Beckett's Waiting for Godot:

"Let us not waste our time in idle discourse! (Pause. Vehemently.) Let us do something, while we have the chance! It is not every day that we are needed. But at this place, at this moment of time, all mankind is us, whether we like it or not. Let us make the most of it, before it is too late!"

Perfect. Thankyou. Whilst sitting in a rubbish dump....love the movie!!

I am not sure how long you want to go back PJ.

But I thought looking at the last three coaches was a reasonable time frame.

If we take the last twenty years we are not a club that sacks coaches willy nilly.

Lets just leave MN out of this discussion.

If you have made a poor choice and have a poor coach I hope you are not suggesting the coach should be retained

simply because it will not look good to sack a coach before his contarct is up

I went back to our last premership, and also I'm not the one who raised MN.

All I did was call you on your statistic that the Neeld is our 3rd coach in 16 years.

You're right, previous coaches, such as Daniher have had more than enough time - hence why he holds the record for the longest serving AFL coach not to win a premership.

If you look back all the way to our last premership: only two coaches have lasted more than 5 seasons. Don't think what you have said accurately reflects the coaching turnaround...

Pretty bias stat ;)

All I did was call you on your statistic that the Neeld is our 3rd coach in 16 years.

You're right, previous coaches, such as Daniher have had more than enough time - hence why he holds the record for the longest serving AFL coach not to win a premership.

If you look back all the way to our last premership: only two coaches have lasted more than 5 seasons. Don't think what you have said accurately reflects the coaching turnaround...

Pretty bias stat ;)

So what is your comment on the following from my post?

Leaving MN out of it was referenced to below

" If you have made a poor choice and have a poor coach I hope you are not suggesting the coach should be retained simply because it will not look good to sack a coach before his contract is up"

Edited by old dee

Gee it is so easy to get you boys rattled isn't it,.

Anyway the $30 on or not?

Why would I listen to your repetitive negativity, it is boring, right on the edge....how over dramatic

Save this old girl from what?

Quick, dart back behind them again

“What stops me from taking myself seriously, even though I am essentially a serious person, is that I find myself extremely ridiculous, not in the sense of the small-scale ridiculousness of slap-stick comedy, but rather in the sense of ridiculousness that seems intrinsic to human life and that manifests itself in the simplest actions and the most extraordinary gestures. ”
Gustave Flaubert

Pretty bias stat ;)

ONe major difference here, not since the demise of Fitzroy, have we seen such a basket case, as is the MFC currently. An AFL appointed interim CEO put in place to see if he can fix the mess. Our case is further compounded, given we are required to trade in a market far more competitive than the one which confronted Fitzroy in 1996.

Does not make for palatable reading I know, but it is the reality and we ignore it at our peril.

Edited by iv'a worn smith

Why would I listen to your repetitive negativity, it is boring, right on the edge....how over dramatic

“What stops me from taking myself seriously, even though I am essentially a serious person, is that I find myself extremely ridiculous, not in the sense of the small-scale ridiculousness of slap-stick comedy, but rather in the sense of ridiculousness that seems intrinsic to human life and that manifests itself in the simplest actions and the most extraordinary gestures. ”

Gustave Flaubert

Another redundancy. Let us wait for more.

What stops me from taking myself seriously, even though I am essentially a serious person, is that I find myself extremely ridiculous, not in the sense of the small-scale ridiculousness of slap-stick comedy, but rather in the sense of ridiculousness that seems intrinsic to human life and that manifests itself in the simplest actions and the most extraordinary gestures.

Gustave Flaubert

"Never Fear....Smith is here...."

Satyriconhome says everything is rosy we can all relax.

We are not Qualified...