• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Was Gutnick right?

Courtney_Fish

Racists have always hidden behind these type of excuses. It was only a joke/flippant comment,unfortunately he's exposed himself for what he really is.

The problem with Gutnick was that everyone who he introduced to the board eventually turned against him.

Hang on. So now the Doctor is a racist? What are you talking about? If anything he was standing up for Gutnick and speaking out against the probable anti-semitism towards the former President. Once again, WJ has noted that there were some that used Gutnick's religion to undermine him.

Righteo exactly who was I being racist towards and in what way? I made a comment about the demographics of the clubs powerbrokers, in no way was I racist or a bigot or whatever other slurs have been made against me in this thread (such as being told multiple times that I am disgusting). Some of you guys really need to get your hand off it.

Meanwhile no one has yet explained exactly why Gutnick was such a divisive figure or why he was voted out so overwhelmingly assuming the 65% figure is correct. What did he/his admin do that saw him turfed out so emphatically by the members? As far as his public persona was concerned I thought he was great for the club and actually stood up for us to the AFL and other clubs and didn't let us get kicked around which has been the norm since he left.

Are you serious?

Hang on. So now the Doctor is a racist? What are you talking about? If anything he was standing up for Gutnick and speaking out against the probable anti-semitism towards the former President. Once again, WJ has noted that there were some that used Gutnick's religion to undermine him.

He made some revolting comments about people based purely on their family background. That's racism mate. He has no evidence at all about what you call 'probable anti-semitism'. Probable, what a [censored] load of shiite.

Let's get some perspective here guys. I have seen some people on here call the Doctor a bigot. To them I say pull your head in. I can understand that some may have interpreted his post as slurring a large percentage of Szondy/Team Vision voters. However, to base your opinions of someone on one potentially clumsily worded post is showing the same rush to judgement that you are now condemning. I also believe DG has apologized.
It's amazing how some people love to set the bar so highly for others but wish to set it low for themselves...

Edited by Guest

Get over yourself Redleg.

Given the AFL came asking about Danks it was indeed pathetic that the Board did not know what was going on.

The AFL had no idea about any salary cap issues and Gutnick set this club back for dubious reasons.

Gutnicks time at MFC was divisive and at times destructive pushing for an EGM on the club mid season in 2001.

And it's great that he does give back to the community some of which he dubiously "gained" from mining company investors.Get over yourself

What do you mean get over myself, my post is not about me, don't try to make it that.

So to understand your argument the current Board is pathetic for not knowing private info that Bates didn't disclose to it and Gutnick is pathetic for disclosing cheating.

You continue to defame Gutnick by saying that his donations come from ill gotten gains.

You mention that he was divisive, but fail to mention one single thing he did for this club, like his $2.7m donation, his opposition to the merger and his leading the club to only its second GF in 49 years so far.

Do you think you have summed up his time at the MFC fairly?

• Like 2

Joe was in it for Joe. Nothing else. $2.7m (and BTW he promised $3m) was cheap pr for him. He was trying to raise money for diamond mines and other projects. You no doubt were on your knees begging for his money and licking his boots.

It cost the club a lot more both short term and long term. Not to mention our lack of 200+ game leaders that are not here because we missed out on top draft picks.

He was a disaster for our club. Oh and where is he now?? I reckon he has been to a total of 10 games in his life.

You probably liked Geoffrey Edelston as well..

[censored].

What do you mean get over myself, my post is not about me, don't try to make it that.

So to understand your argument the current Board is pathetic for not knowing private info that Bates didn't disclose to it and Gutnick is pathetic for disclosing cheating.

You continue to defame Gutnick by saying that his donations come from ill gotten gains.

You mention that he was divisive, but fail to mention one single thing he did for this club, like his $2.7m donation, his opposition to the merger and his leading the club to only its second GF in 49 years so far.

Do you think you have summed up his time at the MFC fairly?

You're either being deliberately naive or you like misrepresent people's point of view. I trust this is not a curse professionally.

His outing of Schwab was opportunistic and just one of a number of behaviours at MFC that punished the club for years to come and alienated fellow directors and the FD. He, like you, seemed to believe that money smooths all issues and buys you all influence. Gutnick forgot that the Club is bigger than one person. I was happy when Gutnick came on Board to oppose the merger and his donation was great. Its a pity he welched on the last $300k. But his time at MFC was dubious for what happened under his control. And many things were achieved in 2000 not because of him but happened despite him.

You're either being deliberately naive or you like misrepresent people's point of view. I trust this is not a curse professionally.

His outing of Schwab was opportunistic and just one of a number of behaviours at MFC that punished the club for years to come and alienated fellow directors and the FD. He, like you, seemed to believe that money smooths all issues and buys you all influence. Gutnick forgot that the Club is bigger than one person. I was happy when Gutnick came on Board to oppose the merger and his donation was great. Its a pity he welched on the last $300k. But his time at MFC was dubious for what happened under his control. And many things were achieved in 2000 not because of him but happened despite him.

I don' t believe that money smooths all issues and buys all influence , which you accuse me of.

I also don't deliberately misrepresent people's point of view.

I don't believe I am deliberately naive either.

What I am is someone who sees this issue differently to you and that means according to you I have to be wrong.

PS. I actually had some misgivings about Gutnick as Chairman of the MFC but you obviously wouldn't accept that statement.

the afl pushed him back into the job.

Why did we get Schwab back. I mean you wouldnt see the storm taking back Waldron after what he did. Yes I know what Waldon did was 100 times worse but Cameron was at the club when we got busted with the salary cap.

Is it because Jim wanted his mate back or we wanted melbourne people back. The next CEO has to be a person who is not a melbourne person. Peter Jackson seems to be saying the right things.

Amazing since the failed merger in 96

Hawthorn have over 60k membership

Waverley training ground which cost them zero

Debt free & making huge profits!

1 Premiership!

Amazing talent of players!

The MFC is 1 train wreck after another!

You would think that they would model their structures of them or geelong, coll.....as stated by Jackson after just 5 days on the job!

WTF was Scwhab doing???

Edited by dees64

I believe that Geddy Lee got it just about right when he said, "What Joe Gutnick did to/for the club depends on who you talk to really."

It's quite extraordinary that Joe and his board get no credit for creating the harmonious circumstances that led to us having an incredible season and making the grand final. So when the team is successful on the field it was someone else who got it there but if they fail it can only be the chairman, the board and the CEO. At the end of the year they should sack at least 10 club presidents, boards and CEOs. No wait, make that 17. The only ones to survive should be those that produced the premiership.

• Like 1