Kurt Tippett

Disco Demons

Guest Rassilon

He's about one head knock away from the AFL stepping in demanding that he be rested for 3 weeks to recover from concussion. No thanks.

Geez that sounds like its straight out of the "jack darling" school of drafting & trading rumours. Wonder if those thoughts are aimed at scarring off a few suitors. Think its been done before, but hell its worked once why not try it again. The power of the media - B)

Tippett is potentially the biggest name in this year's trade period. Now not saying we can get him - but if he does go, tradition says its these type of players can hold up the whole trade week process.

Have a feeling if he does go home to Queensland, us having picks 3, 4,13, in the draft might have a bit of a say in where he goes.

Best of luck to both sides in Queensland, Tippett would be a real coup by one club over the other & and some real bite to either forward line.

If, the Lions win Tippett, that in turn may encourage GCSuns to want Jesse Hogan as was rumoured months back. This then may make them need to use they're pick 2 in the mini draft for a Hogan.

Could it be, that this would let Jack V slip to 2nd Rnd, allowing us to use our picks 3 & 4 as we please?

Poor peripheral vision (aka Kozi) would prefer hogan, gumby, etc...

And Rass, just because we don't agree with doesn't mean we are suckers.

We just don't agree that Tippett is worth pursuing.

Guest Rassilon
We should bluff about putting pick #4 on the table for Tippet.May be enough to cause GC to want to hold onto their #2 pick

No need to bluff, wonder if Adelaide would thank us helping them/assisting them in securing pick 4 in the draft for them? What would the alternative be for Adelaide picks 10-20??? Geez wonder if we have been offering any Adelaide players big $$$$. How much did we offer MacKay again? Was is 500K over 3 years - one mighty big bluff when you put your money where your mouth is. Wonder if Adelaide have any boys that may want to head back to Victoria.

Geez we would be in a mighty strong position going into trade week (starting 10.16) on day one with picks 3,4 & 13. Imagine we could offer either Queensland side a easy route to Tippett assuming he wants to go back home - thats leverage imagine what we may or may not be offered. Wonder if Gold Coast would have anything we might be interested in at this stage - or we could assist another club in getting him if there was something in it for us - thats leverage.

No need to bluff son - You never get everything but you never close any doors in trade week - you just never know what walks thru the door.

Welcome to the new MFC - tough aggressive and ready to do the deals it needs to do to move up the ladder. We are armed to the hilt with draft picks & $$$$$ ( But I warn you things change) :)

No need to bluff, wonder if Adelaide would thank us helping them/assisting them in securing pick 4 in the draft for them? What would the alternative for Adelaide picks 10-20??? Geez wonder if we have been offering any Adelaide players big $$$$. How much did we offer MacKay again? Was is 500K over 3 years - one mighty big bluff when you put your money where your mouth is. Wonder if Adelaide have any boys that may want to head back to Victoria.

Geez we would be in a mighty strong position going into trade week (starting 10.16) on day one with picks 3,4 & 13. Imagine we could offer either Queensland side a easy route to Tippett assuming he wants to go back home - thats leverage imagine what we may or may not be offered. Wonder if Gold Coast would have anything we might be interested in at this stage - or we could assist another club in getting him if there was something in it for us - thats leverage.

No need to bluff son - You never get everything but you never close any doors in trade week - you just never know what walks thru the door.

Welcome to the new MFC - tough aggressive and ready to do the deals it needs to do to move up the ladder. We are armed to the hilt with draft picks & $$$$$ ( But I warn you things change) :)

You constantly harp on about us helping Adelaide though you never even put any potential or realistic scenarios in place.

And yes we would need to bluff as I doubt we would want to pay pick #4 for Tippet though it would add doubt to the minds of GC which could result in them wanting to hang onto their pick #2 as insurance

I have asked you once and I will ask you again. Why on earth would we want to help another club during trade period?

Guest Rassilon

If, the Lions win Tippett, that in turn may encourage GCSuns to want Jesse Hogan as was rumoured months back. This then may make them need to use they're pick 2 in the mini draft for a Hogan.

Could it be, that this would let Jack V slip to 2nd Rnd, allowing us to use our picks 3 & 4 as we please?

GC can only use pick 2 - once!!! We have them by the balls and the are squealing like pigs. But there is a way to sort this all out - :)

Guest Rassilon

You constantly harp on about us helping Adelaide though you never even put any potential or realistic scenarios in place.

And yes we would need to bluff as I doubt we would want to pay pick #4 for Tippet though it would add doubt to the minds of GC which could result in them wanting to hang onto their pick #2 as insurance

I have asked you once and I will ask you again. Why on earth would we want to help another club during trade period?

Its called mutual common outcomes - Adelaide would want the "best deal" for Tippett if he chooses to go. We would want - ????? I would leave that up to your imagination.

Collingwood might want Caddy, we could assist, wonder what we might ask back off Collingwood? You help me I will help you! You screw me - what goes around in football comes around.

No need to bluff - actions always, always speak louder than words. Especially words in the print media - infiltrated with self interest, you print this for me this week I will give you "the scoup" next week - yeah right. You shut up about this this week I will give you "the scoup" next week - no problems.

But things change !!!! Tippett might decide to stay - Adelaide might float a few "rumours" you know the type - "Tippett One Collision Away From Ending His Career" "Tippett Concussion Concern" would sell newspapers in Adelaide & Brisbane =- might scare away some/all potential suitors. (its always good to work in women, drugs & drink - adds nice spice to the article)

Edited by Rassilon

Its called mutual common outcomes - Adelaide would want the "best deal" for Tippett if he chooses to go. We would want - ????? I would leave that up to your imagination.

Collingwood might want Caddy, we could assist, wonder what we might ask back off Collingwood? You help me I will help you! You screw me - what goes around in football comes around.

No need to bluff - actions always, always speak louder than words. Especially words in the print media - infiltrated with self interest, you print this for me this week I will give you "the scoup" next week - yeah right. You shut up about this this week I will give you "the scoup" next week - no problems.

Use my imagination? So you talk all this crap and then you cant even provide a realistic scenario?

How would us making a deal with Adelaide push Tippets value up unless we were actually prepared to use pick #4 for him.

You are just trolling now, you have no idea what you are talking about. You are talking about helping other teams out for no reason.

Thats the dumbest logic I have read in a long time. Hey while we are at it lets just give GWS our pick #3 for one of their rejects, and send Vlad a free gym membership. Lets also give Gysberts to Geelong as by helping them this will definitely let us take Viney with a 2nd rounder.

=

Guest Rassilon

Use my imagination? So you talk all this crap and then you cant even provide a realistic scenario?

How would us making a deal with Adelaide push Tippets value up unless we were actually prepared to use pick #4 for him.

You are just trolling now, you have no idea what you are talking about. You are talking about helping other teams out for no reason.

Thats the dumbest logic I have read in a long time. Hey while we are at it lets just give GWS our pick #3 for one of their rejects, and send Vlad a free gym membership. Lets also give Gysberts to Geelong as by helping them this will definitely let us take Viney with a 2nd rounder.

=

I'm sorry I can't help you in a public forum - you just have to think about it. It's really is very simple. Go and learn the rules - then understand them & how to apply them.

I'm sorry I can't help you in a public forum - you just have to think about it. It's really is very simple. Go and learn the rules - then understand them & how to apply them.

So simple not even you can provide logical reasoning behind it or realistic scenarios eh

The rule that you help people and that they ll help you back?

Unfortunately those rules don't apply in competition. If they did then everyone would just hold hands and have sing-a-longs and it would be a very dull game.

Competition is about taking any advantage you can get.

Please stop trolling and making statements that you cant even apply scenarios or examples for and then trying to evade the questions that you can't answer with ignorant statements

I would like to think that at some stage in the next couple of weeks that an article will appear in the Hun/Courier Mail stating the Melbourne have made a massive play for Tippett, with a potential trade of our Pick 4 being put up. If Gold Coast want him, they will have to come up with a better deal, and really reconsider putting up a dummy bid for JV.

Of course, my suggestion of Pick 4 for Tippett is all smoke and mirrors, just a ploy to get in to the heads of the other recruiting teams.

Edited by billy2803
  • Like 2

I would like to think that at some stage in the next couple of weeks that an article will appear in the Hun/Courier Mail stating the Melbourne have made a massive play for Tippett, with a potential trade of our Pick 4 being put up. If Gold Coast want him, they will have to come up with a better deal, and really reconsider putting up a dummy bid for JV.

Of course, my suggestion of Pick 4 for Tippett is all smoke and mirrors, just a ploy to get in to the heads of the other recruiting teams.

Thank you, at least everyone here isn't as daft as Rassilon and can see the logic behind it.

• Like 1

How is he trolling? I don't find the talk of Rassillon any worse than what seems to be the hundreds of possible trades that you are throwing up on every thread that you can find.

Your 'potential' trades are as meaningless and baseless as anything he is saying here. Granted you don't bold things to make your point, but I haven't seen anything that you have produced yet that would amount to anything more than hypotheticals....

How exactly does him proposing a trade make anything he says any more or less credible than yours ?... or what almost 99% of the posters on this site TBH including myself thump out on our keyboards.

Edited by Oucher

Guest Rassilon

Interesting idea "close" but no cigar- actions always speak louder than words. Please we printed it here first - wouldn't that infringe "copy right laws" hehehehehehe

How is he trolling? I don't find the talk of Rassillon any worse than what seems to be the hundreds of possible trades that you are throwing up on every thread that you can find.

Your 'potential' trades are as meaningless and baseless as anything he is saying here. Granted you don't bold things to make your point, but I haven't seen anything that you have produced yet that would amount to anything more than hypotheticals....

How exactly does him proposing a trade make anything he says any more or less credible than yours ?

The fact that he isn't proposing a trade makes it less credible? He is arguing to do favors for other clubs and shutting down other posts though is unable to provide any examples/scenarios

Guest Rassilon

How exactly does him proposing a trade make anything he says any more or less credible than yours ?

Thank-you. I dont mind be called a troll & the less creditably the better. The world is a bizarre place. All just a bit of fun. Sorry about the bold - bad habit I know. Point taken.

Edited by Rassilon

Interesting idea "close" but no cigar- actions always speak louder than words. Please we printed it here first - wouldn't that infringe "copy right laws" hehehehehehe

How could action be possibly be taken before F/S bidding? You harp on about the rules however you seem oblivious to the rule that you cant trade players before F/S. So what possible action is possible here...

Guest Rassilon
How could action be possibly be taken before F/S bidding? You harp on about the rules however you seem oblivious to the rule that you cant trade players before F/S. So what possible action is possible here...

All just a bit of fun - you do ask a lot of questions from a "troll". Some I will answer some I cant - sorry about that.

=

Learn to venture your mind outside its comfort circle. Imagineering.

It can allow you all sorts of thoughts, which you can then screen, to see what you can make of them.

Grow.

The fact that he isn't proposing a trade makes it less credible? He is arguing to do favors for other clubs and shutting down other posts though is unable to provide any examples/scenarios

So you think that Melbourne cannot position itself as a facilitator of some of the potentially large trades that get held up due to not being able to work out a 2 way deal? I don't see him saying anything about us doing favors for other clubs, MFC wouldn't do anything that was not of benefit to themselves, but we have some powerful chips on the table that we can use in many different ways.

Being a facilitator in trades can actually net us something that might not normally be on the table in trade week, but because the desire of the other two parties is significant enough (ie GC really want Tippett, but will not give up pick 2 to Adelaide, and they know that they can't secure him with a player and a second round pick... GC know that Brisbane might be prepared to offer their pick... which is assumed to be pick 8. For GC to trump that who do they have to bring to the table? Us or the Dogs or Port... The fact that we have 2 picks like the Dogs do, means that we could be more likely to negotiate or discuss things. Given we might have an interest in Caddy, and also don't really want to be forced to secure Viney at 3, can you see that it's in theirs and our interest to negotiate in good faith?

Take a look at Essendon's attempts at trade week, they seem to want to secure players from other clubs... pay absolutely nothing for them, then whinge that the other party isn't playing fair (Caddy last year with mediation as a prime example) The fact of the matter is that most trades get done because both clubs can see benefit in doing the deal. Rarely will one club be able to shaft the other.....

If you can't see that then I can't help you I'm sorry..... but for the sake of my credibility should I propose that we pick up Franklin and Ablett to assist our midfield and forward line with pick 3 and 4?