• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

A Nice Story

jabberwocky

We have a big family. I have four kids and at the moment we also have a four year old fella named Jack. Jack is a foster child and has been with us for about a year and has become part of the family in this time. I have two boys 9 and 10 y/o who love the MFC, they wear the jumpers, pretend to be Jurrah and Sylvia...you know the deal. Well it was starting to rub off on young Jack, so I figured that this year it might be a good idea to see if we could sprout an interest in footy and get him to a few games etc. He also has cystic fibrosis and excercising his lungs is very important, so we try and play as much sport as we can with him, he has just learnt how to kick a footy.

Anyhow I phoned the club and explained the situation hoping to add him to our family membership in place of my eldest daughter who unfortunately has little interest in footy. The club sent me out a membership pack immediately no questions asked, so now with a bit of luck we can indoctrinate young Jack. Hopefully he will grow into a lifelong supporter. I will organise to get him a jumper and some other garb to make him feel part of the tribe. The club also sent out a membership for my daughter which I did not expect.

We don't exactly have a lot of spare cash at the moment so we can't afford to get the best membership but I try to support the club in other ways picking up birthday presents etc from the shop and trying to get to as many games as I can.

Well done Melbourne Footy Club on helping support my family so that we can support you in future years.

• Like 4

We have a big family. I have four kids and at the moment we also have a four year old fella named Jack. Jack is a foster child and has been with us for about a year and has become part of the family in this time. I have two boys 9 and 10 y/o who love the MFC, they wear the jumpers, pretend to be Jurrah and Sylvia...you know the deal. Well it was starting to rub off on young Jack, so I figured that this year it might be a good idea to see if we could sprout an interest in footy and get him to a few games etc. He also has cystic fibrosis and excercising his lungs is very important, so we try and play as much sport as we can with him, he has just learnt how to kick a footy.

Anyhow I phoned the club and explained the situation hoping to add him to our family membership in place of my eldest daughter who unfortunately has little interest in footy. The club sent me out a membership pack immediately no questions asked, so now with a bit of luck we can indoctrinate young Jack. Hopefully he will grow into a lifelong supporter. I will organise to get him a jumper and some other garb to make him feel part of the tribe. The club also sent out a membership for my daughter which I did not expect.

We don't exactly have a lot of spare cash at the moment so we can't afford to get the best membership but I try to support the club in other ways picking up birthday presents etc from the shop and trying to get to as many games as I can.

Well done Melbourne Footy Club on helping support my family so that we can support you in future years.

And well done to you Dandeeman. That is a nice story. Hope Jack enjoys watching the Dees with you and the rest of your family and that he gets to share in some success that we are all longing for.

Just like your old man made me a life long supporter of this great club, I know you can do the same for young jack. Great story mate and just let me know I will put in some money for that dees jumper!!

Just like your old man made me a life long supporter of this great club, I know you can do the same for young jack. Great story mate and just let me know I will put in some money for that dees jumper!!

The old man is responsible for a lot of Melbourne supporters, considering our breeding ability we could be responsible for half the membership soon.

Would love to take young Jack to see a Melbourne flag with you cuz, mum would have to come and pick him up after the game though. Have told the Mrs to expect me to be missing for between 2 and 4 days.

• Like 1

The old man is responsible for a lot of Melbourne supporters, considering our breeding ability we could be responsible for half the membership soon.

Would love to take young Jack to see a Melbourne flag with you cuz, mum would have to come and pick him up after the game though. Have told the Mrs to expect me to be missing for between 2 and 4 days.

haha mate no one better come looking for me for about 2 to 4 mouths when we win the flag!!!!

• Like 1

Feel Good Story I like it!

Your Mrs is getting of lightly on 2 - 4 days I have informed mine not to expect me home for at least a week or two.

That is such a great story :wub: dandeeman. Over the years i have been collecting a few Demon items here and there, not sure if you would want this or not it's up to you, i have a teddy bear you know the one that you press the hand and it plays it's a grand old flag. I would like to give it to you for your kids. If you want i could meet you say at gate 5,6 around say 1.00pm before our first game at the G.

You and your wife do such a thing in foster caring and welcome young Jack to the red and blue family :wub:

I will check back latter tonight to see if you would the bear and i will also see what else i might have for the young little DEMONS! :wub:

That is such a great story :wub: dandeeman. Over the years i have been collecting a few Demon items here and there, not sure if you would want this or not it's up to you, i have a teddy bear you know the one that you press the hand and it plays it's a grand old flag. I would like to give it to you for your kids. If you want i could meet you say at gate 5,6 around say 1.00pm before our first game at the G.

You and your wife do such a thing in foster caring and welcome young Jack to the red and blue family :wub:

I will check back latter tonight to see if you would the bear and i will also see what else i might have for the young little DEMONS! :wub:

Mate that's a brilliant gesture, I was thinking that it would be great to get a few knick knacks for Jack to keep. It's a long story but he won't be with our family forever. If we could send him off to his next family as a demons supporter with a few bits and pieces that would be our legacy to him and something he will remember.

I will be in touch, not sure if I will be at the first game depending on work schedule etc.

Well done mate. Great heart warming story.

Foster caring is such a nobel gesture. I'm sure it's a long story but why do they have to move him on from aloving family. Probably not the right place to discuss ethics and the govenment.

Tell young Jack well all said "Go Deez"

Wish you family all the best.

I always tell my employers if Melbourne ever win a flag that I'll be going walkies for about a week. :)

Edited by gOLLy

Mate that's a brilliant gesture, I was thinking that it would be great to get a few knick knacks for Jack to keep. It's a long story but he won't be with our family forever. If we could send him off to his next family as a demons supporter with a few bits and pieces that would be our legacy to him and something he will remember.

I will be in touch, not sure if I will be at the first game depending on work schedule etc.

Your welcome just give me a buzz and we can make a time at one of our games. ;)

• 11 months later...

Just an update for those who showed an interest in young Jack. He has left our family and has gone into permanent care with a terrific family.....of Geelong supporters. As a result I have to back off my indoctrination plan, as obviously there are bigger things than footy. He was with us for nearly 2 years.

It is great for him to settle permanently and we said our goodbyes to him and we plan to keep in touch with him. He is a great little fella and is doing really well with his new mum and dad.

• Like 1

Just an update for those who showed an interest in young Jack. He has left our family and has gone into permanent care with a terrific family.....of Geelong supporters. As a result I have to back off my indoctrination plan, as obviously there are bigger things than footy. He was with us for nearly 2 years.

It is great for him to settle permanently and we said our goodbyes to him and we plan to keep in touch with him. He is a great little fella and is doing really well with his new mum and dad.

Well done 'dandeman', I think you've a very Gutsy & Generous family. cheers, Mate.