H.B/. Grimes. Garland.... McDonald

C/L.. Davey... Sylvia....... Trengove

H/F.. Jurrah... Bate ....... Watts

F/F.. Petterd.. Green..... Dunn

Rck/. Jamar.. Moloney.. Scully

Int/... Bail, Jones, Maric, sub-Martin

Emerg/. Jetta, Bennell, ,,,

Injured/. Frawley, Morton, McKenzie, Newton,,,,

I'd hold Frawley till at least the Hawks game Rnd 2.

I'd hold Chips until he is ready to play ,whether it is Round1,2 5 or 10.Whenever.And you are struggling to find a place for Bate(refer your post#48) but you have him in your previous post at CHF.(AS ABOVE)

Edited by jayceebee31

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont see the point in putting injured players when they're not available:

Bartram Warnock Rivers

Grimes Garland MacDonald

Scully Trengove Davey

Petterd Green Dunn

Jurrah Watts Maric

F: Jamar, Moloney, Sylvia

I: Jetta, Bennell, Jones

Sub: Martin

E: Bail Bate Spencer

I'm trying to envisage what Bailey would do:

Rivers not playing well but not likely to be dropped

Ditto Jones

Don't like Martin in the side and not wild about Spencer, but Jamar needs help

Jetta and Maric have earned their spots.

Bailey loves Bennell

Wonna will be missed

B Rivers Frawley MacDonald

HB Grimes Garland Davey

C Scully McKenzie Trengove

HF Green Watts Dunn

F Petterd Jurrah Maric

Fol- Jamar, Sylvia, Moloney

Int- Jones, Bennell, Jetta. Sub- Martin/Newton

Jones will probably be picked for Round 1. There is alot to like about him with his professionalism and ability to win contested ball but needs to work on releasing before/when tackled and his disposal.

to me it comes down to the need to work out wheteher he's trying to get rid of the ball, or bust through the tackle... I'd prefer him try to pass it before the tackle ratehr than get half way to the ground before trying to dish off a dodgy handball

To me Jetta is more of a true midfielder than Wona, Bennell or Maric for that matter.

agreed, i could see him getting some games in teh forwad line purpley for his tackling pressure though

I'd hold Chips until he is ready to play ,whether it is Round1,2 5 or 10.Whenever.And you are struggling to find a place for Bate(refer your post#48) but you have him in your previous post at CHF.(AS ABOVE)

I did & I do, going forward.

I think we need to field a strong and mature side to get the season off to a flyer. But in my future view, which needs to start this season, I see him falling behind other Kids, whom I want to get plenty of games into their 2011 resume.

I,m struggling to see a regular spot for him moving forward,,, unless he reinvents himself in a different playing role.

Edited by dee-luded

I started a similar thread on 'Ology independent of this one. FWIW here's the OP:

OK ladies and gents, it's that time of year to start those most subjective of beasts - the ideal 22.

Some ground rules: I'm talking here the most competetive side, assuming full fitness and we can play the match on our terms. Round 1 will be different given injuries / lack of preseason / potential match ups.

I've got a couple of more highly skilled players out of the side, but included a couple of others for balance.

I've also eschewed the arcahic B, HB, C, HF, F, Foll format for 3 groups of 6 + interchange

Defenders: Bartram, Frawley, MacDonald, Grimes, Garland, Morton

Mids: Jamar, Moloney, Davey, Scully, Trengove, Sylvia

Forwards: Green, Jurrah, Dunn, Watts, Petterd, Wonaeamirri

Int: Bail, McKenzie, Tapscott (S: Martin)

Emergencies: Maric, Jones, Rivers

Automatic selections:

D: Bartram, Frawley, Garland, Grimes

M: Jamar, Moloney, Davey, Sylvia

F: Green, Jurrah, Watts

Solid selections:

D: Morton

M: Scully, Trengove

F: Dunn, Petterd

Int: Bail

Fringe (could be replaced week-to-week based on match ups, form):

D: MacDonald

F: Wonaeamirri

Int: Jones, Tapscott Martin

The ability to clear the zone will be crucial in 2011, and for this reason I have included Tapscott for his prodigious kicking.

Some will no-doubt question Bartram, but he's clearly the number 1 small defender; so gets in for that reason alone.

Having both Rivers and MacDonald in the team has been so-far disasterous. MacDonald provides a similar contest to Rivers, but offers quicker decision making and skills.

It's a similar story with both Jones and Moloney in the same side. You can hide one bloke who lacks a yard in the middle, but two is a bit much. Moloney gets ahead as he offers superior grunt. McKenzie is a different player to each, he's the blocker / tackler at the bounce who restricts the opposition's clearance of the ball from a stoppage.

Another perhaps slightly left-field choice is Bail, but I think he's vital to the team's balance. He, along with Scully to a slightly lesser extent, is the 'fly-half' (to borrow a Rugby term - I guess you could also call him a Rover in the traditional sense). He provides the first-option for the clearance players from a stoppage with his run-and-carry, similar to a Montagna/Swan-type player. I suspect by the end of the year we'll be considering him another auto-selction.

Wonna offers more than Maric when fully fit - he brings others into the game far better than Maric and we won't lose that much in opportunistic goal scoring. I also rate his defensive pressure higher than Maric (at this stage). Frankly I don't rate Jetta and Bennell on current evidence. Both have their individual upsides (Bennell: pace; Jetta: Defensive pressure) however both struggle to get the pill themselves or provide enough goals for a small forward.