NFL

Dappa Dan

I don't know a massive about college football, so a lot of the names don't ring a bell.

Rams have taken a FS and WR with our next two picks, still no RB, would love to know their thoughts and if they are happy with what we have post Jackson.

Geno Smith to the Jets.

The New York Jets made their third major quarterback acquisition in four years, selecting former West Virginia star Geno Smith with the seventh pick (39th overall) in the second round of the NFL draft -- a franchise-altering move that could mean the end for Mark Sanchez.

Some sources familiar with the situation say the team will consider releasing Sanchez with Smith now in the fold. He already would be gone if it weren't for an $8.25 million guarantee, which he received last year in a contract extension the franchise now regrets.

There's never a dull moment with the Jets' quarterbacks. They traded for Tim Tebow a year ago and barely played him, but he remains on their roster. They also have veteran journeyman David Garrard and Greg McElroy in what team officials have called an open competition.

I don't know a massive about college football, so a lot of the names don't ring a bell.

Rams have taken a FS and WR with our next two picks, still no RB, would love to know their thoughts and if they are happy with what we have post Jackson.

The pundits are loving the Ram's draft so far mate. There are still a few very solid backs left. Probably the most intriguing is Lattimore who has had major knee problems. If he hadn't had the knee surgeries he would probably have been a first round pick. He was an absolute beast of a back and just a brilliant kid off-field. Just loved playing against my Georgia Bulldogs...sigh. Unfortunately he seems to be the American version of Geelongs Menzel. If he ticks the medical boxes for some team he could be a steal. Fingers crossed for him.

Seems like they need a seperate locker room just for the QB's lol

Might help explain the Bills picking EJ Manuel when they did. There's a lot of rumour and information flying around. Buffalo may have got the word that the Jets had spoken to all the possible QB's on offer.

I reckon these things work like an auction sometimes. The impulse to pull the trigger can be quite high.

Can't wait for the Rex comments now. Geno? Sanchez? Tebow?

• Like 1

The pundits are loving the Ram's draft so far mate. There are still a few very solid backs left. Probably the most intriguing is Lattimore who has had major knee problems. If he hadn't had the knee surgeries he would probably have been a first round pick. He was an absolute beast of a back and just a brilliant kid off-field. Just loved playing against my Georgia Bulldogs...sigh. Unfortunately he seems to be the American version of Geelongs Menzel. If he ticks the medical boxes for some team he could be a steal. Fingers crossed for him.

Will look forward to seeing the next rounds done tomorrow.

Might help explain the Bills picking EJ Manuel when they did. There's a lot of rumour and information flying around. Buffalo may have got the word that the Jets had spoken to all the possible QB's on offer.

I reckon these things work like an auction sometimes. The impulse to pull the trigger can be quite high.

Can't wait for the Rex comments now. Geno? Sanchez? Tebow?

Yeah probably. Also Manuel is the best suited to the read option, or whatever you want to call it, so I guess if thats the way you are going with your offensive concepts then he was probably your man.

Wonder if Rex will get another tatoo, but with EJ's number?

Yeah probably. Also Manuel is the best suited to the read option, or whatever you want to call it, so I guess if thats the way you are going with your offensive concepts then he was probably your man.

Wonder if Rex will get another tatoo, but with EJ's number?

I think you mean Geno, but maybe you do mean EJ? We are talking about Rex here, who knows what he's likely to do!

Judging by this article yesterday, we possibly should have seen the Geno pick coming.

... Rex Ryan gets his men as Mark Sanchez continues to look for help

Besides, the Russell Wilson pick came in the third round (pick 75 overall) So, as John Idzik reminded, there is still plenty of time to help the offense. (Idzek is the Jets GM)

Sanchez might still get some receiving help or a promising quarterback – only E.J. Manuel was taken in the first round – to push him for the starting job. There is a lot of draft ahead.

• Like 1

I think you mean Geno, but maybe you do mean EJ? We are talking about Rex here, who knows what he's likely to do!

Judging by this article yesterday, we possibly should have seen the Geno pick coming.

... Rex Ryan gets his men as Mark Sanchez continues to look for help

Haha. Yeah I did mean EJ for the first bit and Geno for the tatoo lol I think someone needs to do a concussion test on me, someone has obviously thumped me as the cognitive functioning is even worse than usual.

Haha. Yeah I did mean EJ for the first bit and Geno for the tatoo lol I think someone needs to do a concussion test on me, someone has obviously thumped me as the cognitive functioning is even worse than usual.

Either that or lay off that Tasmanian Sauvignon Blanc, Strafford ^_^

• Like 1

Packers picked up DE Datone Jones. Anyone know much about him?

'cfh', they're saying that the Vikes have done very well with your 3 picks. All ready to go?

Don't know much about Jones. All the draft picks are being written up as the next Jesse Hogan so it is hard to tell if the draft is a success. I think the media is applauding the Vikes ability to get 3 picks in the first round more then who we picked up. Coach Frazier and the vikes GM were about to do a press conference when they got a call that New England were willing to trade pick 29. They stopped the press conference and bolted out to try and get the deal done. The draft looks like a lot of fun and bloody hectic.

In terms of who we picked up we ticked the boxes required but Sharrif Floyd a DT at pick 23 looks to be the best pick up.

• Like 1

Don't know much about Jones. All the draft picks are being written up as the next Jesse Hogan so it is hard to tell if the draft is a success. I think the media is applauding the Vikes ability to get 3 picks in the first round more then who we picked up. Coach Frazier and the vikes GM were about to do a press conference when they got a call that New England were willing to trade pick 29. They stopped the press conference and bolted out to try and get the deal done. The draft looks like a lot of fun and bloody hectic.

In terms of who we picked up we ticked the boxes required but Sharrif Floyd a DT at pick 23 looks to be the best pick up.

I think Floyd fell due to the non ideal arm length. His tape is great. The corner should be a good replacement for Whitfield. Patterson is the really interesting guy. He has all the attributes, but is a bit raw, so patience is the word, because you don't want to ruin him. At the very least in his early career he should do well in the return game. If he realises his potential you could have a taller version of Percy on your hands Cowboy.

I think Floyd fell due to the non ideal arm length. His tape is great. The corner should be a good replacement for Whitfield. Patterson is the really interesting guy. He has all the attributes, but is a bit raw, so patience is the word, because you don't want to ruin him. At the very least in his early career he should do well in the return game. If he realises his potential you could have a taller version of Percy on your hands Cowboy.

Yeah not sure if our list of receivers are that great that we could afford a potential type receiver. We got Jennings but we needed a ready to go receiver for this year. Jarius Wright had a good end to the year but Jerome Simpson is no megatron so we will see. A bit of talk about Urlacher coming to the VIkes for a year. Not so sure about that. We still need a MLB unless they move a few linebackers around.

Poor Geno Smith. He is walking into a QB sh!tstorm. Do you think any QB will help Geno out in the pre season with a few tips and pointers? I can see Sanchez running over Smith in his car and as Geno lay on the deck bleeding Sanchez bends over and whispers in his ear "That's my Jersey on Rex's arm and don't you forget it" Tebow and Smith then start praying together not for world peace or a cancer cure but for a trade.

• Like 3

On hearing about Aaron Rodgers record $110 million contract, one of his teammates 'tweeted' afterwards ...

"Hey man, can you pay me that 20 bucks you owe me?"

• Like 3

Just watched the videos on the two newest guys to the Rams this morning, one being CB Brandon McGee in 5th round and a RB in Zac Stacy who is a lump of a kid, really good size, without seeing him play I think he would be more a slam it in than looking for the edge RB, but I could be wrong. Did seems to have decent agility.

Yeah not sure if our list of receivers are that great that we could afford a potential type receiver. We got Jennings but we needed a ready to go receiver for this year. Jarius Wright had a good end to the year but Jerome Simpson is no megatron so we will see. A bit of talk about Urlacher coming to the VIkes for a year. Not so sure about that. We still need a MLB unless they move a few linebackers around.

Poor Geno Smith. He is walking into a QB sh!tstorm. Do you think any QB will help Geno out in the pre season with a few tips and pointers? I can see Sanchez running over Smith in his car and as Geno lay on the deck bleeding Sanchez bends over and whispers in his ear "That's my Jersey on Rex's arm and don't you forget it" Tebow and Smith then start praying together not for world peace or a cancer cure but for a trade.

Ha, yep a snake pit alright. Although the diva act on day one of the draft and the big statement after he was drafted probably indicates he will fit right in lol

On hearing about Aaron Rodgers record $110 million contract, one of his teammates 'tweeted' afterwards ...

"Hey man, can you pay me that 20 bucks you owe me?"

Haha. Love the RB combo you guys have picked up. Neither are perfect, but as a pair lookout.

Just watched the videos on the two newest guys to the Rams this morning, one being CB Brandon McGee in 5th round and a RB in Zac Stacy who is a lump of a kid, really good size, without seeing him play I think he would be more a slam it in than looking for the edge RB, but I could be wrong. Did seems to have decent agility.

I don't know much about those two mate, but the lineman Jones could be a brilliant get. Very versatile and potential leader. Just needs a bit more time in the weight room and less in the medical room. Every time I have seen him I have been really impressed.

Haha. Love the RB combo you guys have picked up. Neither are perfect, but as a pair lookout.

Yeah, if we become reasonably strong at the RB position, then we're not too shabby on offense ^_^

Who needs a great defense? (I'm being flippant)

• Like 1

Well I'm thoroughly exhausted by that 3 day extravaganza. What a mammoth sized event the draft is in the US! (Not to mention the Combine as well).

The television coverage was excellent, plenty of entertaining and insightful interviews with both the players and coaches involved.

Well done to Jesse Williams, Brad Wing and Alex Dunnachie on finding homes, albeit not in the draft range/method they wouldve hoped for.

Williams will be a steal for an already imposing Seahawks, apparently he's almost fully fit again after knee cleanouts meant he missed the combine.

No real surprise the two punters werent drafted they rarely are, Dunnachie will have to compete with two other punters on the Jets roster.

In fact, a lot of players drafted over the weekend dont even make the final roster once depth charts are settled on before the first game, so this

is a real speculators market. A much less glamorous draft class after last years vintage crop, and certainly a very even one.

Absolutely rapt from a 49ers perspective that we took the risk with Marcus Lattimore. I still remember watching his injury on ESPN the day he did it,

a truly horrifying sight. He was widely regarded as the best running back before that day that would be eligible this year, and we have enough depth

at the position with Gore, James, Dixon and Hunter that we dont need to rush him along.

Hurry up offseason and be over with, Im just about fed up with the AFL already!

• Like 2

Agree DemonDave.

I'm already looking forward to the season starting!!!!

I look forward to all the games on a Monday and Tuesday after I get home from work

As do I. I don't really hate any teams so I look forward to a lot of games unlike AFL where Melbourne can suck the life out of me.

• Like 1

I agree DemonDave, Lattimore was a great get for the Niners and probably the best landing spot for him due to the reasons you mentioned. I totally agree bring on the NFL, although we are able to contemplate where all our newly drafted stars fit in until seasons start...

But I have a dream...beating the Niners in a superbowl. Bloody 80s lol.