NFL

Dappa Dan

Isn't Hue Jackson a sucker for punishment, who in their right mind would sign up to coaching both the Raiders (where he was unfairly sacked) and the Cleveland Browns? Who does that? And he would've been a huge chance for the Giants job apparently. 

Now he's working for Jonah Hill's character from moneyball and a lawyer with no football experience has control of the 53 man roster.

• Like 1

On 07/09/2015 at 6:38 PM, cowboy_from_hell said:

Ok I'll go.

New England

Baltimore

Indy

San Diego

Dallas

Green Bay

Atlanta

Arizona

2/8

On 07/09/2015 at 11:12 PM, Dappa Dan said:

I'll go Packers Dolphins Colts for this week.

And for playoffs...

Patriots

Ravens

Colts

Chiefs

Cowboys

Packers

Saints

Seahawks

1/8

On 30/08/2015 at 7:00 PM, JV7 said:

With the season opener not to far away, I'm going to kick off my predictions for the divisional winners:

AFC East- Patriots

AFC North- Steelers

AFC South- Colts

AFC West- Cheifs

NFC East- Philly

NFC North- Packers

NFC South- Saints

NFC West- Seattle

AFC Winner - Colts

NFC Winner- Packers

1/8

On 31/08/2015 at 10:45 AM, Gorgoroth said:

Did mine, pretty much same JV7

Pats

Steelers

Colts

Chargers (no idea why... Might be smokin crack) - Chiefs should be favs tho.

Eagles

Packers - Vikings to really push them.

Panthers. Saints the danger

Rams. (If I didnt follow Rams I'd say Seattle)

2/8

On 31/08/2015 at 8:26 PM, Macca said:

New England

Baltimore

Indianapolis

Denver (?)

Dallas

Packers

Carolina

Seattle

Reckon I'll get at least 3 wrong and the Colts & Pats are my only lead-pipe locks.

3/8. Good job Macca

Could find my own tips, had commented on the AFC but didn't do the full list. Shows how open the league is, very little love for Carolina or Arizona and they are in the best position to win the NFC. Similarly I think the Bengals could've won the AFC with a healthy Andy Dalton but no one wanted them for the AFC North. The Pats are the one constant.

• Like 3

We were all way off with those divisional winner tips (typical) ... reckon Dallas & Indi may well have won their divisions if their QB's were healthy. The Eagles and Baltimore went backwards and the Chiefs nearly got there.

I fluked Carolina although I've always thought Cam Newton could be a top player.

Anyway, it looks like Big Ben might play with the aid of painkillers but he'll need to do well for Pittsburgh to have a chance - all the home teams are favoured by the odds makers but I reckon there will be at least one upset (have a guess which one?) 

Tips ...

Sunday 8.35am Kansas City 19 @ New England 24

Sunday 12.15pm Green Bay 23 @ Arizona 22

Monday 5.05am Seattle 17 @ Carolina 21

Monday 8.40am Pittsburgh 19 @ Denver 22

Leaderboard in the tipping comp (post season)

4 - JV7, Macca

3 - cowboy_from_hell

1 - Georgiou R.R. Martin, Gorgoroth

0 - The usual suspects

Isn't Hue Jackson a sucker for punishment, who in their right mind would sign up to coaching both the Raiders (where he was unfairly sacked) and the Cleveland Browns? Who does that? And he would've been a huge chance for the Giants job apparently. 

Now he's working for Jonah Hill's character from moneyball and a lawyer with no football experience has control of the 53 man roster.

The Giants Job looks to be the best job to get. I'm with you on Hue. He will have maybe a season and bit to totally turn around a sinking and dysfunctional franchise. If he can't find instant results with either a old free agent QB or a Rookie QB he will be fired and join the pile of fired Browns coaches. The last AFC north coach to get fired that wasn't from cleveland was Brian Billick from the Ravens. Browns have had 5 coaches since '08. I hope Hue Jackson succeeds good luck to him.

Sunday 8.35am Kansas City 17 @ New England 14 

Sunday 12.15pm Green Bay 3 @ Arizona 27

Monday 5.05am Seattle 10 @ Carolina 14

Monday 8.40am Pittsburgh 10 @ Denver 20

The Giants Job looks to be the best job to get. I'm with you on Hue. He will have maybe a season and bit to totally turn around a sinking and dysfunctional franchise. If he can't find instant results with either a old free agent QB or a Rookie QB he will be fired and join the pile of fired Browns coaches. The last AFC north coach to get fired that wasn't from cleveland was Brian Billick from the Ravens. Browns have had 5 coaches since '08. I hope Hue Jackson succeeds good luck to him.

I'm a bit suss on the Giants as I think they need to fire their GM soon and Eli is 35 and might only have 3-5 years left, but still you're looking at a decent 3-5 years with Eli and Beckham. That alone puts it way above Cleveland. 

SF is a dumpster fire unless you believe in Kap. Philly, no thanks. You'd have to love Tannehill to go to Miami, but that said Gase will do well with him, if you can do well with Cutler you can make something happen with Tannehill and Jarvis Landry.

Tampa probably would've been a good job if you liked Winston but they fired Lovie to hire their OC. Same goes with Tenn and Mariota, I think I'd take him, the number 1 pick (especially if you can trade it) and a more relatively stable and under the radar NFL city than Cleveland.

Sunday 8.35am Kansas City 16 @ New England 24

Sunday 12.15pm Green Bay 20 @ Arizona 34

Monday 5.05am Seattle 24 @ Carolina 21  

Monday 8.40am Pittsburgh 10 @ Denver 20

New England, coach and QB advantage, home field, they just get it done.

Arizona v GB, regardless of anything else it's very hard to see how the Pack turn it around so much from when these teams last played.

Denver win because Big Ben will get hit down and have to leave the game and Manning will do enough. I don't like either team right now, would back KC and NE to beat both.

For whatever reason I just believe more in Wilson and the SeaHawks big game experience than Carolina. The Carolina defense can be amazing but had too many soft days off and their offense is good but I can't imagine them being great in play offs. But this is the game I feel least confident about and I feel like it's going to be a great game, shame I won't watch it!

Edelman back for pats, but Gronk may miss.

Lynch back for Seahawks.

chip Kelly new coach of the Niners... Interesting move, may help Kap with Chips play style.

I still think the Pats can win without Gronk but much might now be dependent on the coaching of Belichick ... if the KC d-line can get at Brady enough, they can win. They smashed him at KC 2 seasons back so it's quite achievable.

That Seattle/Panthers is the pick of the games in my opinion ... Lynch being back brings the Seahawks right into it ... the Panthers have drawn the short straw of all the top seeds ... 15 & 1 and then out - straight off?

As for Kelly/Kap & the 49ers ... he'll probably invigorate them off the bat but they'll need to bring in some weapons to be a threat for the playoffs (especially in that division) Hopefully he now realises that it's not all about game plans in the NFL - any team needs a number of top players to be a genuine threat. 

• Like 1

That hit by Amendola deserves more than the 2 1/2 yard penalty. It should be either tacked onto the yards the Chiefs needed to give them a first down or Amendola sits out the game until they get a first down, or a loss of a down so the Pats start at the 5 on 2 and 10.

• Like 1

Rodgers just threw a stupid pass attempt, lucky for the penalty. 

He normally does not make those stupid attempts.

He's trying to make something happen without any real weapons.

Without him, we would have been lucky to win 4 games for the season ... his targets are unable to create separation. And it's been that way since the first game of the year.

I watch them every week

Just seems so... Weird to see, I'm use to watching Rams QB's make those throws.. We have nor WR's either.

prob with being one of the greats, you see their mistakes in worse light. Doing well since that throw.

It's fair to say I'm in combative mode Gorgo so you'll have to bear with me for a couple of hours :ph34r:

Anyway, a few chinks in the Arizona game so we're a chance ... again, much will depend on whether the Packers WR's & TE's can get open ... if that happens, Green Bay can win.

• Like 1

It's fair to say I'm in combative mode Gorgo so you'll have to bear with me for a couple of hours :ph34r:

Anyway, a few chinks in the Arizona game so we're a chance ... again, much will depend on whether the Packers WR's & TE's can get open ... if that happens, Green Bay can win.

If your D keeps on playing as well as it is, then you are a huge chance!