NFL

Dappa Dan

The Falcons really only have a light grasp on the 2nd NFC wildcard spot and Seattle might be the best of a sorry lot of chasers.

I like the Steelers and Chiefs for the AFC wildcard spots but I'd love to see the Bills get a big upset tomorrow and get a wildcard spot.

The Falcons really only have a light grasp on the 2nd NFC wildcard spot and Seattle might be the best of a sorry lot of chasers.

I like the Steelers and Chiefs for the AFC wildcard spots but I'd love to see the Bills get a big upset tomorrow and get a wildcard spot.

Seattle's best is still very good but will they be able to snare a wild-card berth given their schedule? Pittsburgh at home next up won't be easy and they still have to visit Minnesota & Arizona.

We can almost certainly assume that the NFC East won't produce a wild-card but there's still a number of teams in the NFC that are in the running for a wild-card berth ... those teams on 4 wins will probably have to win out but 9 wins might do it.

However, there nearly always seems to be at least one team that comes from nowhere to challenge - might that team be Tampa? One of Minnesota or Green Bay will probably get one wild-card. Atlanta need a win and they need it asap.

In the AFC Pittsburgh seems to be the best team that isn't leading their division ... KC's run home isn't all that difficult either. The Bills & Jets have claims but I favour the Steelers & Chiefs. One of Indi or the Texans are a chance too.

I reckon Denver & Cinci will hang on and win their divisions whilst the Pats, Panthers & Arizona will win their divisions barring a huge turnaround in form. The NFC North is still undecided in my opinion whilst any number of teams could win the AFC South & the NFC East.

Detroit & Chicago could both play spoiler in the NFC North. Both are capable on their day.

One thing is for sure - from here on in we'll start to see elimination games for a number of teams.

Stupid packers. I was enjoying the view from atop the division albeit for 7 days. Green Bay do what they always do against the vikes. Limit AP, make the QB have to go toe to toe with Rodgers and then win. If Green Bay don't draft or trade for another hall of fame QB then we may have a chance when Rodgers retires.

I had a long post last night but I couldn't post it, the site wouldn't let me.

So to sum it up.

Rams gave up 13 points in the last after keeping Ravens to 3pts over first three terms.

No offence means our D play too much and get fatigued. Keenum was as bad as Foles.

No decent WR's still, Fisher has to go, no chance in hell of a wildcard now, season is done and dusted.

I'd get rid of the OC and DC as well. Clean slate protocol.

The Packers certainly brought their A game today ... all round we were very good whereas in previous weeks we've been awful in all 3 phases. Stopping AP was key and once we stopped him, it was a quite academic.

But it's only 1 win and only 1 loss ... both teams are 7 & 3 - there's any number of good teams that have W/L records that are worse.

I'd count Seattle, Dallas, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Indi & the Ravens as good teams who for one reason or another have had average or poor returns this season. Detroit are another team who should have done a lot better.

Dallas might sneak in but they'll need other teams to help them get in. The Eagles are doing their bit to help but Dallas will need the Giants to do the same - and who knows with Washington?

And how about those Panthers? ... 10 & 0 is just remarkable all things considered. They've got a few tough games in their run home but they should get to 13 or 14 wins - and that will probably be enough for the 1 seed.

The Panthers already hold the head to head advantage over the Packers so it's really only Arizona who could challenge them for the top seed ... and the Cardinals host the Packers in week 16.

Yeah the Panthers have suprised me this season, but really shouldn't considering their end to the season last year. Cam has taken his game too a whole new level. You'd think the no.1 seed in the NFC is theirs to lose.

Yeah I reckon we will struggle to hold onto that wild card spot we currently hold. I can't see us winning more then 2 games in the run home. Think that 2nd NFC wild card spot will be taken by Seattle. You'd think they'd win atleast 4 which gives the 9 wins... All in all good time of the year with games start holding that bit more on them Edited by JV7
  • Like 1

After an 0-3 start with no confidence against good teams in Green Bay, Arizona and Seattle the Bears have gone 4-3 to now sit 4-6 with all 3 losses (and 2 of the wins) coming by under 3 points and with all 3 games pretty much 1 good play from winning. We had the Vikings on toast, we had the Lions all but done if we had a bit more time and still could've won it in OT and today we had a chance for a 2 point conversion to send it to OT.

It's hard to be too angry given last year was a disaster and this year has been pretty competent. Just a shame because there's was a sneaky shot at a wildcard berth if we could get to 5-5.

Chicago are turning it around a lot quicker then I expected. If they can draft right they can easily contend next year. I dunno what their run home is like and I wouldn't count on seattle, Atlanta or the vikes at the moment. Vikes have Atlanta Arizona and Seattle to play. Those games will be huge for the wild card spot.

• Like 1

I had a long post last night but I couldn't post it, the site wouldn't let me.

So to sum it up.

Rams gave up 13 points in the last after keeping Ravens to 3pts over first three terms.

No offence means our D play too much and get fatigued. Keenum was as bad as Foles.

No decent WR's still, Fisher has to go, no chance in hell of a wildcard now, season is done and dusted.

I'd get rid of the OC and DC as well. Clean slate protocol.

Did you see Keenum? He was very concussed and fisher and co. Kept him in. The footage shows him stumbling on the ground with a team mate trying to help him up. Not a good look.

Did you see Keenum? He was very concussed and fisher and co. Kept him in. The footage shows him stumbling on the ground with a team mate trying to help him up. Not a good look.

Yup, I thought Foles was coming in and so did he, he had his helmet on.

How our medicos or the NFL spotter didn't send him off for evaluation is beyond me.

You wonder if he wasn't all fuzzy in the head he would have hit Welker, it was a perfect route but the ball was a foot too high.

• Like 1

Week 12 games

The Thanksgiving games all have a bit riding on them ... the Eagles and Dallas cannot afford to lose whilst the Packers/Bears game could be closer than people think. Packers should win but we need to continue to bring our best game.

Carolina have a chance to go 11 & 0 and if they do then talk could turn to them going through the season undefeated (4 of their last 5 games are divisional match-ups) Tossing up whether to include them in my tips ... same with the Eagles. 1 point only to play for this week but weeks 13, 15 & 17 are bonus weeks (week 17 is for 3 points)

Leaderboard in the comp

5 - Gorgoroth, cowboy_from_ hell

4 - JV7, Georgiou R.R. Martin

2 - Macca

1 - titan_uranus

0 - The rest

• Like 1

7mate are covering all 3 games tomorrow but ESPN are only doing the Panthers @ Dallas match (8.30am)

Vikings

Cards

Pats

Upset alert for Carolina who I didn't tip and NE who I did. No doubt they'll contain and make life very hard for Osweiler but they might struggle to score on Denver as well. Could be a 13-9 type game.

Chicago are turning it around a lot quicker then I expected. If they can draft right they can easily contend next year. I dunno what their run home is like and I wouldn't count on seattle, Atlanta or the vikes at the moment. Vikes have Atlanta Arizona and Seattle to play. Those games will be huge for the wild card spot.

The turn around for the Chicago D has been amazing. Quality coaching in the NFL makes all the difference. Need an impact player in the secondary and a bit more talent on the D Line and we'll be rolling.

It's funny because I think John Fox is a bit short sighted with his game plan and having poor relations with the local media and so on but he obviously understand locker room culture and he hires very good coordinators and puts them in a position to succeed. It seems less is often more with NFL head coaches. Way too often teams hire the quality coordinator instead of picking a guy to be head coach who can then delegate.

I think Roosy would be an awesome NFL head coach. He'd just keep the players happy, hire the best coordinators, make sure to always play competitive and tough football and go from there.

Vikings

Cards

Pats

Upset alert for Carolina who I didn't tip and NE who I did. No doubt they'll contain and make life very hard for Osweiler but they might struggle to score on Denver as well. Could be a 13-9 type game.

I've been on Carolina to drop a game the last month, thinking their due for a loss but they just keep on winning.. Away at Cowboys with Romo back is a tough task though.

Good luck Monday CFH, big game for both our sides with the Willard race heating up :)

• Like 1