The Miller discussion

DeezMan

The Miller Debacle  

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't agree- I think he is in form- need height in the forward line- worth a try.Drop Bennell for Miller.

Yep. Let's drop a highly talented young player in decent form- a player who the club has publically said it wants to get as many AFL games into as possible, as quickly as possible- in favor of a guy who will be delisted at the end of the year. That's gonna do our long-term prospects no end of good.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we want height then PJ at 199cm should do it.

If you mean marking options I dont think Miller adds much to the markeing ability of Jurrah, Green, Watts and Sylvia while detracting the potential speed in our forward line. Bringing Miller in causes imbalance.

This is my gripe and I just have to say......

The way Brad Miller is discussed and denigrated on this site is at times nothing short of a disgrace.

In my opinion Brad is a honest and hard working player who is well admired by his peers and the FD at our club.

Really some of your comments are just plain childish. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Brad was pick 55 after all.

You must all be such an amazing bunch of high achievers to think that the merits of Brad Miller compare so low to yourselves.

Yes I am annoyed but anyone who does his best in the Red and Blue as Brad does, should not be spoken about in this manner...

So I guess it is Brad's fault he was drafted to play for the MFC and also our clubs fault for continuing to employ him...

My oh my what is the world coming too..........

I don't agree- I think he is in form- need height in the forward line- worth a try.Drop Bennell for Miller.

Yeah, I see watt you mean, but IMO the problem is Miller doesn't really play tall. However he has been effective on occaisions Deep, in recent times, surprisingly to me.

So you'd move Sylvia to the flank & Miller to the goal square. The balance feels alright.

MELBOURNE

B: Bartram, Rivers, Garland

HB: Bail, Frawley, Macdonald

C: Scully, McDonald, Bruce

HF: Bennell, Watts, Wonaeamirri

F: Jurrah, Green, Sylvia

FOLL: Jamar, Dunn, Davey

I/C: Jones, Trengove, Johnson, McKenzie

EMG: Morton, Miller, Warnock

The way Brad Miller is discussed and denigrated on this site is at times nothing short of a disgrace.

In my opinion Brad is a honest and hard working player who is well admired by his peers and the FD at our club.

Really some of your comments are just plain childish. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Brad was pick 55 after all.

You must all be such an amazing bunch of high achievers to think that the merits of Brad Miller compare so low to yourselves.

Yes I am annoyed but anyone who does his best in the Red and Blue as Brad does, should not be spoken about in this manner...

So I guess it is Brad's fault he was drafted to play for the MFC and also our clubs fault for continuing to employ him...

I'd like to agree with you but I'm not sure to what degree you mean, as I've had both good & not so flattering things to say.

I'm a fan of any Dees player who gives all for the jumper & I have great respect for Brad. I've wanted to keep him @ the club, acknowledging his limitations going forward with a developing list.

I've seen many posts that I find off putting, talking about his family & such. Just not on in my mind.

Anyhow, well put for saying your piece & standing up for the right thing. cheers 'demonglory'.

Guest hangon007

The club has a heap of respect for Brad. I didnt mean to sound so blunt, I was just passing on the news that he wont be at the club next year. He has no plans to head to the Gold Coast either. If he's not picked up by another Vic club he will play VFL or local footy.

I'm taking you on your word and have no reason to disbelieve you.

Thank-you for posting this. I'm really glad to hear "The club has a heap of respect for Brad."

IMHO its critical all elements of our club learn to respect our boys.

Thank-you again.

Guest hangon007

Here here I could not agree more

Edited by hangon007

The club has a heap of respect for Brad. I didnt mean to sound so blunt, I was just passing on the news that he wont be at the club next year. He has no plans to head to the Gold Coast either. If he's not picked up by another Vic club he will play VFL or local footy.

The Club does have a heap of respect for Brad indeed.

Brad has known where he stands at MFC for quite some time. The Club has handled this well.

And my information is that he wont be going to the GC when his contract expires at MFC and that he will play footy locally in Victoria.

Its not about the fwd line. Its all about the midfield. The pressure they put on and the ball they can get I50. Our I50 numbers are poor and it ain't the fwds that are the problem - they are actually very efficient.

Everyone here waxes lyrical about our midfield but that stats don't lie. They have a long way to go. Plenty of potential but they are our problem at the moment.

Guest hangon007

The Club does have a heap of respect for Brad indeed.

Brad has known where he stands at MFC for quite some time. The Club has handled this well.

And my information is that he wont be going to the GC when his contract expires at MFC and that he will play footy locally in Victoria.

Thank-you RR. Again I appreciate this type of feedback.

Thank-you RR. Again I appreciate this type of feedback.

I hope this is with the MFC next year-still got something left in him