Jack Watts!!!!

Guest Mika

Guest Mika

Heard Emma Quale on SEN about an hour ago say Jack Watts ran the 20m sprint in 2.82 seconds. The second fastest 20m sprint in draft history.

From memory it was Danyle Pearce the fastest with 2.79 secs.

Naitanui apparently broke the standing jump record but she didnt know the exactly height. He also ran a 2.90sec 20m sprint.

After this sprint time Jack Watts appears to be a lock for our 1st pick. Combine his pace, agility and from all accounts one the best overhead marks ever in the U18 championship and we have our first real star in the making.

The first time I've been excited this much about the DEES in ages!!!! GO DEES!!!!!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard Emma Quale on SEN about an hour ago say Jack Watts ran the 20m sprint in 2.82 seconds. The second fastest 20m sprint in draft history.

Naitanui apparently broke the standing jump record but she didnt know the exactly height. He also ran a 2.90sec 20m sprint.

After this sprint time Jack Watts appears to be a lock for our 1st pick. Combine his pace, agility and from all accounts one the best overhead marks ever in the U18 championship and we have our first real star in the making.

The first time I've been excited this much about the DEES in ages!!!! GO DEES!!!!!

I've been trying to find some results posted somewhere but can't!

Someone help!

I've been trying to find some results posted somewhere but can't!

Someone help!

Listen to SEN 1116 for Emma Quale's updates. Mark Doran will be crossing to the camp a few times over the afternoon. The popular names of the draft are being monitored.

The camp even got a bite on the news here in Sydney.....

It was very exciting :o !!!

Just remember how excited people were getting with John Meesen's time trialling ability.

TBH, the draft camp results don't interest me one iota.

1. #39 Ashley Smith, Dandenong, Defender - 2.80 secs

2. #65 Jack Watts, Sandringham, Tall Forward - 2.82 secs

3. #12 Stephen Hill, West perth, Midfielder - 2.83 secs

4. #75 Nic Naitanui, Swan Districts, Ruck - 2.86 secs

5. #34 Tom Swift, Claremont, Midfielder - 2.89 secs

6. #15 Ryan Schoenmakers, Norwood, Forward - 2.90 secs

7. #3 Sam Blease, Eastern, Midfielder - 2.91 secs

7. #17 Nick Heyne, Gippsland, Forward - 2.91 secs

9. #43 Taylor Hunt, Sandringham, Defender - 2.92 secs

9. #30 Luke Shuey, Oakleigh, Midfielder - 2.92 secs

9. #33 Matthew DeBoer, Claremont, Midfielder - 2.92 secs

12.#74 Tyrone Vickery, Sandringham, Ruck - 2.94 secs

12.#21 Bryce Carroll, Western Jets, Forward - 2.94 secs

How can he be second best in history when he came second at this camp?

Great time though...VERY exciting

I think you meant the 2nd fastest at the 2008 draft camp.

Naitanui goes alright as well.

I love that a guy called Swift is in the top five...poetic justice.

Could be the surprise of the draft mate.

Was touted as the best WA had to offer before he went down with injury

Guest Vlad The Imposter
Some guy on big footy grabbed it from another forum from a bloke that was at DC. haha

I know shifty but it seems pretty real.

sounds legit to me.

Haven't been here long mousey but you are quickly becoming my favorite poster........follwed by yze_magic (is he for real?)

haha cheers mate.

I dont post too much but around this time of year i find all this stuff pretty exciting and interesting..

Heres a link to pictures that gets updated frequently of the draft camp..

http://www.gspimages.com.au/photography/re...=all&page=1

How can he be second best in history when he came second at this camp?

Great time though...VERY exciting

Hey Mousey,

Mika up top had Naitanui in 2.90secs, which is what Emma Quale reported on SEN. Although Watts time was the same as reported. Don't mean to knitpick, but either Emma Quale was given the wrong information at the camp, or she stuffed up. Or your info which has been passed on is incorrect.

Either way the times are impressive.

edit: thanks for that link with pics from the draft camp. :)

Guest paxino27
watts a bit too scrawny to play ff staright away.

BUT I WANT HIM. (no homo)

Agreed, think he should spend most of his first year either playing out of a pocket or playing with Casey. Give him time to develop and let Miller/Newton/Robertson and Dunn fill the void at FF for the 09 season.

Could be the surprise of the draft mate.

Was touted as the best WA had to offer before he went down with injury

Dead right Mousey, there were HUUUUUUUUUUGE wraps on Tom but he has been injured for most of 2008. Absolutely talented kid in the same hard, clean winner as, I hate to use this player but... Joel Selwood, please note, I'm saying that this is whom he most plays like not that he's going to be the same player.

If you wanted to take a punt on a player with a late first round pick, given we've got 3 inside 20, this is the player I'd punt on, could turn out to be absolutely anything.

its interesting looking at the photos at who is talking to who

interesting paul roos (who took over from rodney eade) having a chat with rodney

and dean bailey having a chat with clarko (who coached togethor at PA)

and neil balme and mick malthouse having a chat with each other (and used to be togethor at filth land)

Watts faster then Naitanui hey, i can hear YM jumping ship agian.

The great Yze_Magic doesnt jump ship.

I just cant get excited about Watts.

Draft Naitanui and give us something to look forward to in 2009 and beyond.

I just cant get excited about Watts.

You will YM, you will. It's not like watching Watts receive lace out passes from the likes of Grimes, Morton and Maric and then swinging around and kicking them from outside 50 at the G on Queens Birthday won't get you a little revved up!!

Guest Golgothan

That makes no sense at all. Watts was 2nd, Pearce was faster then both, but Watts was the 2nd fastest in history? Don't get me wrong it's super impressive and from what i can tell it's the 3rd fastest on record, 4 people have previously got 2.83s

Brad Moran actually went quicker then Pearce in 2004, he ran a 2.78 but it's not counted as he was there on a special invitation and was not an official invitee. I've also heard that Watts himself ran a sub 2.80s 20m at the AIS last year when he was there for a basketball camp.